Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
More RM Williams, this time black:
B543Y_COMFORT_02_PS.jpg

A cinematographer I've work with wears a pair of RM Williams Chelseas pretty often, they're really nice. Considering getting a pair myself one day.

Bought a new light meter. It's pretty sweet, much better built than my Sekonic L-308 (but not as compact):

z8kJwdj.jpg

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it? Everywhere I look, it's either sold out or they're asking ridiculous prices (like 1080Ti prices for that particular card on Amazon). THANK YOU BITCOINERS.

Well I put down a pre-order for it on June first and paid £247 (about$315). While I was waiting for it the place I ordered it from increased the price of my card £80 overnight to £329 (about$420). So I think I got lucky since I still got charged the price it was when I pre-ordered.

It's a space saver actually. You know those blocky power adapters that block the other outlets on a power strip? Just plug these 1 footers in the power strip, and plug the humungous power adapter into the ant size extension. No more blocked outlet.

This came in, a 5 foot extension cord. Well, it's 5 1 foot extension cords to be exact
71fOJNjr3NL._SL1500_.jpg

It's a space saver actually. You know those blocky power adapters that block the other outlets on a power strip? Just plug these 1 footers in the power strip, and plug the humungous power adapter into the ant size extension. No more blocked outlet.

I had no idea this was a thing. Now that I know about it, it does not surprise me that it is a thing, but still surprising. I will probably look at my power strip situation when I get home and see what it looks like and if this would help. 👍

Well I went to Best Buy today. I've been researching 4k televisions and soundbars for a couple weeks now. The soundbar situation was way harder to figure out than the television. So I ended up buying this:

IMG_4820.JPG

It's an LG SJ9 soundbar with subwoofer and it's atmos enabled. It sounded great in the store, it's probably way overkill for what I need.

I ended up getting about $300 knocked off, because of the other half of the purchase, which is a LG OLED 55C7P. It's only coming next week, but I'm super excited about it. Today was the first time I got to look at one in store, and I was blown away by how great it looked. I can't wait to game on it, this years model has really low input lag. I've been waiting to buy a 4k television, so I went all out on this one.

My only concern was maybe some issues with image retention or screen burn. Screen Burn is supposed to be rare, but it has happened. Which is why I also bought a 5 yr warranty, that covers everything from screen burn, to the remote control.

I'm not a huge Best Buy person, in fact it's the first time in probably 8-10 years I've been in there, but that deal where you can get 24 month no interest financing on home theater purchases is pretty great.(that's only for your first purchase)

Just make sure you have a decent credit score before you apply, if not you'll get stuck with a $300 credit limit.

It's an adapter, I still believe I need a pc or laptop or raspberry but yep, I'm trying to see how it works on my wheel.
Will post the results once I receive it. ;)

Excellent. I'll wait and see how GTS turns out, if that tickles my shickles, I'm buying that thingy and a Raspberry too.

No pictures, but two tickets to see Muse, Thirty Seconds To Mars, and PVRIS next month. Muse is my better half's absolute favourite band, and they're playing practically around the corner from us. She had originally written it off... but my favourite band, LCD Soundsystem, is playing in town in December. I slept in and forgot to buy tickets when they released today, missing chances at general admission (and I don't want to sit).

She scooped some up at a premium, so I figure the least I could do was return the favour. :)

No pictures, but two tickets to see Muse, Thirty Seconds To Mars, and PVRIS next month. Muse is my better half's absolute favourite band, and they're playing practically around the corner from us. She had originally written it off... but my favourite band, LCD Soundsystem, is playing in town in December. I slept in and forgot to buy tickets when they released today, missing chances at general admission (and I don't want to sit).

She scooped some up at a premium, so I figure the least I could do was return the favour. :)
They (Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars) were here in St. Louis a couple weeks ago! I wanted to go, could have got tickets, but it was an outside concert and near a hundred degrees. Screw that!

They (Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars) were here in St. Louis a couple weeks ago! I wanted to go, could have got tickets, but it was an outside concert and near a hundred degrees. Screw that!

Yeah, this is an outside event too. Crossing my fingers for reasonable weather!

LCD won't be, but that's because it'll be December. In Canada. :(

Yeah, this is an outside event too. Crossing my fingers for reasonable weather!

LCD won't be, but that's because it'll be December. In Canada. :(
I know the feeling of hoping for good weather at an outdoor event cause I'm doing that right now. :lol: I'll be going to the NHRA Nationals tomorrow, and the weather sucked there today (only just started racing an hour ago according to the track's Facebook page) and not looking forward to getting home at 2 am like I did 2 years ago because of delays. At least they so far are predicting it to be good weather, so hopefully it'll be a good day for me.

Picked up the recent release in the Criterion Collection.

The Fisher King

77285262-7690-4E22-8734-FDECF634A50E.jpg

A new 2K digital scan and approved by Gilliam.

Back