Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,298 comments
Well I bought lots of hardware yesterday! I bought a 3/4" x 4' x 8' 5-ply Birch Plywood($46~), 3x 20" L-Brackets($31~), and a 3/4" x 25' roll of Birch veneer to cover the exposed layers on the edges. I had Home Depot cut the plywood into a 2' x 6', Two 2' x 4', and a 2' x 2' piece. I'm going to be making a shelf out of the 2' x 6' cut(hence why I bought those L-Brackets) and the rest of the plywood is extra.

I'm going to stop by Allerdice today to pick up a roller to use for the roll of Birch veneer. I will be looking at wood stains while I'm at it. I'm looking for cherry or light walnut stains to darken the plywood to match it with my desk(It's dark chestnut with some light colors). If you have any recommendations on what to use then I appreciate the help.

PARTY AT AXLE's HOUSE! I don't want to know how much tequila I'll get through on Wednesday. :dopey:

hot-blood-300-g-blood-orange-.jpg

I got the 980 Gramm package, though.

Definitely not worth the price. Waaaay too expensive, with very little in the way of detail and extras. 👎

It sure was a letdown when I saw the price, but oh well, the Lancia Stratos is next on my list atleast. Well once I get all my textbooks for the school year coming up ahead. :indiff:

Got done trying out some stains. It was really nice of Allerdice to let me try out some stains on a Birch sample I brought with me. So far I've bought:

Watco Danish Oil, Medium Walnut, Quart size - $10.99:
41WwyEFf17L.jpg

2oz gloss white acrylic enamel paint - $2.99:
3460447602p

Zinsser 98005 1-Inch Seam Roller - $3.29:
41-WQTCZ3EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Well the first step is to to put the veneer edging on my 2' x 6' board and then I can apply the stain.

I was at the Lego Store in the Mall of America on Saturday. My wife saw me looking at this set, grabbed the box out of my hands and went to the register to pay for it. :D

citvo.jpg

I told the kids' that we'd build it together but now that they're in bed, it's proving to be difficult to restrain myself as I want to see it done. :lol:

TB
I was at the Lego Store in the Mall of America on Saturday. My wife saw me looking at this set, grabbed the box out of my hands and went to the register to pay for it. :D

I told the kids' that we'd build it together but now that they're in bed, it's proving to be difficult to restrain myself as I want to see it done. :lol:

:lol: Nice!

I just ordered 4 of these:
gewinde_variante2_image_02.jpg

More info here: KW Variant 2
I have been waiting 5 years to buy these...., I hope their worth it. :)

I also ordered 2 SpecB tophats to go with it:
images

TB

599? Its not really never too hard. Just follow the instructions.

And to help with the Coilover install:
Just bought a 3.25 Ton floor jack with a range of 3.5" to 21-3/8". No one in town had anything that was either low enough or big enough. I went to Costco on a whim and there it was.

Took it out of the box and put on the handle. The dual action "quick lift" is false advertising. It is a single action hydraulic lift.

Model: Arcan XL325R
Costco Price: $99.99
Overall Length: 27.5"
Width: 14"
Low height reach: 12.5"
Weight: 104lbs
Strokes to full height (without load): 8

Google Image:
images

img_cache.php

Lenovo Ideapad U410. Heard mostly positive things about it so I bought it considering my old laptop decided to kill itself.

Purchased on Thursday last week but we've got no internet yet so only just getting photos uploaded.

IMG_1009a.jpg

Thanks guys, it was tricky getting it to stick to to the number plate ;)

Pappaclart - Maybe when I unpack the PS3 and wheel and if BT ever connect the phone and broadbad I'll get on your GT5 tournament 👍

Thanks guys, it was tricky getting it to stick to to the number plate ;)

Pappaclart - Maybe when I unpack the PS3 and wheel and if BT ever connect the phone and broadbad I'll get on your GT5 tournament 👍

Great, would be nice to see you. We have moved to a new site, its a bit rough and ready but getting there.

As for the house, hope you have a man cave set aside, at least that would be my first prioty when buying a home if I ever get round to doing so! lol

Great, would be nice to see you. We have moved to a new site, its a bit rough and ready but getting there.

As for the house, hope you have a man cave set aside, at least that would be my first prioty when buying a home if I ever get round to doing so! lol

The spare bedroom will have the wheel set up in it and other boys toys but my main man space will be the garage where I can get covered in oil without being told off for making a mess of the kitchen. I think the wife is hoping I'll stay in there and supervise the kids in the garden while she gets some peace and quiet in the living room :P

The spare bedroom will have the wheel set up in it and other boys toys but my main man space will be the garage where I can get covered in oil without being told off for making a mess of the kitchen. I think the wife is hoping I'll stay in there and supervise the kids in the garden while she gets some peace and quiet in the living room :P

Nice, where I rent now we have a huge garage, got both the TL and R1 all snug inside though no tools to tinker as of yet, of which will be the next purchase I guess.

On another forum I frequent, A guy used to put his engine bits in the dishwasher to clean them, until his wife found out of course lol

Just bought an SVT raptor body for my Associated SC10 truck. Got the paint that I needed too, going to paint it in the Mazda 787B livery as shown on my laptop, going to use GT5 as a reference. Can't wait to start working on it!

Just bought an SVT raptor body for my Associated SC10 truck. Got the paint that I needed too, going to paint it in the Mazda 787B livery as shown on my laptop, going to use GT5 as a reference. Can't wait to start working on it!

Niiice!! 👍 Look fwd to updates :)

Stanly PowerLock 12 Ft/3.5M x 1/2 In Measuring Tape - $9.04 w/ Free Shipping:
694538_300.jpg

Couldn't skip the deal yesterday and I needed one with both US and Metric numbers.

nick09
Stanly PowerLock 12 Ft/3.5M x 1/2 In Measuring Tape - $9.04 w/ Free Shipping:

Couldn't skip the deal yesterday and I needed one with both US and Metric numbers.

WOW! that's 6 quid in English money! Even Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Back