Show us your Gran Turismo racing set-up

• Thread starter Famine
  • 817 comments
I am always looking to improve my equipment. What do you have in mind to play GT Sport? I'm very interested in your cockpit. I have a Playseat Evolution and a Thrustamster t150 in use, where the T150 is covered with Alcantara and the buttons were positioned differently.

Thanks for your feedback

I am always looking to improve my equipment. What do you have in mind to play GT Sport? I'm very interested in your cockpit. I have a Playseat Evolution and a Thrustamster t150 in use, where the T150 is covered with Alcantara and the buttons were positioned differently.

Thanks for your feedback

I'm on a T150 mounted to a desk from Argos for £20.00 ish and a swivel chair.

Not expensive, but super effective :) Does the job for me.

GT Omega ART Racing simulator Black + Monitor Mount 4-500x560.jpg

Fitted with:
- T300 RS wheel base
- F1 Ferrari wheel or standard PS4 wheel
- Logitech G27 pedals with GTEYE brake spring
- TH8A shifter
- 32 inch screen mounted on the rig
- PS4 Pro
- Game PC
- Tritton 720+ 7.1 digital surround sound headset.

Before this setup i was running a G27 on a wheel stand and that worked fine but i have never regretted getting the rig.

If i were to upgrade anything now it would be the screen. Its an old toshiba television screen and i think a monitor would give a better picture and probably a little less input lag though the telly is not to bad on that.

View attachment 758833
Fitted with:
- T300 RS wheel base
- F1 Ferrari wheel or standard PS4 wheel
- Logitech G27 pedals with GTEYE brake spring
- TH8A shifter
- 32 inch screen mounted on the rig
- PS4 Pro
- Game PC
- Tritton 720+ 7.1 digital surround sound headset.

Before this setup i was running a G27 on a wheel stand and that worked fine but i have never regretted getting the rig.

If i were to upgrade anything now it would be the screen. Its an old toshiba television screen and i think a monitor would give a better picture and probably a little less input lag though the telly is not to bad on that.

Jealous.... Lots. Nice rig mate :)

T150 and Playseat Challenge... living room... TV...
Not enough room for a dedicated rig/monitor... I suppose I could "make" room in the den, but, I'm not that committed to gaming.

I'd love to get a Challenge or Evolution but it's so fricking expensive here in India. The challenge is about $800 and the Evolution is between double or triple of that.

Instead I converted my old Yamaha keyboard stand into a Wheel Stand and a single seater sofa does work as my seat. Works out well together for now but I'm going to work on a better wood and metal solution soon.

Jealous.... Lots. Nice rig mate :)
Thanks, i love it. All in all it did cost me a fair chunk of money, though for a full on rig its still pretty basic (i've seen some trully insane rigs), and with all the time i sat in it its definetly money well spend imo.

I would love to have a 3 screen setup one day or maybe get my hands on a VR set when that really starts to kick off.

To think this hobby all started out when i won a G27 in a timetrial contest at a local electronic store back in 2010. I just happened to be in that store that day and won a brand new just released G27. I thought about selling it for a moment to get some quick cash, but when i tried it some more at home i was hooked.

G29 clamped to a wooden shelf board modified to sit on top of a modified PS3 Rockband game drum stand.

Works for me.

Glad to see a lot of clever and ingenious budget DIY rigs in here 👍 And for those of you who are having trouble keeping your pedals in place, a roll of good rubber kitchen drawer liner may just do the trick.

Anyway, here is my POS rig in all it's glory lol. The desk needs lateral supports so I can turn up the FFB past 5 but the height and fit is perfect. Hoping to get a playseat and a bigger monitor by the end of the year but for now it gets the job done.

- T300rs GT
- LG 24" IPS monitor
- $20 Mainstays laptop desk
- plastic lawn chair with DIY lumbar and back support xD

Attachments

• 20180813_183629.jpg
    20180813_183629.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 83
Blew all my money on a T-GT. Rig is made from a couple of IKEA Lak tables, clamps, IKEA stool legs for the shifter mounts on both sides, and a car seat. I've got some cardboard Defi gauges to warn me of high temps lol (cardboard Rays TE37 wheels on Advans with 6-pot Brembos are printed but not mounted yet). My sim rig was in the pre-nup before I got married lol!

Attachments

• IMG_3586.JPG
    IMG_3586.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 139
Far from high-end but very enjoyable

T300RS Alcantara Edition T3PA pedals
TH8A shifter
Open Wheeler racing seat
Samsung UN55KS9000 TV
Optical to 1st generation Turtle Beach 7.1 DAC
Shure SE 315 Headphones
Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 with 8 inch sub
PS4 PRO + PSVR

Last edited:
7920F5CF-2021-4A93-9C8D-52FEFAFA4941.jpeg

I have this gt omega art cockpit
With thrustmaster t500 wheel
T3pa pedals

And my tv is another metre or two infront of this on a shelf
Sound is whatever comes out the tv haha

Nice ! That rig looks very sturdy and well build. Is it DIY ? If so well done !

Fanatec gear sure looks really nice, bet it drives great to ?
It is extremely sturdy and very adjustable but it's not home made. I got it from these guys https://sim-lab.eu/

There are many others who supply 8020 rigs but I can really recommend these guys. Or you can by the profile yourself and get it cut to size and make a DIY rig.

I've been a Fanatec customer since the very beginning and have been really happy with all the products from them. I know some have had issues but luckily I've never encountered a problem with the three wheels, four pedal sets and four wheel rims I've had from them. I'd highly recommend them also.

I'm nowhere near with ya'll i've got old Pug206 seat on a welded frame and DIY plywood box /stand for tv :D grand total of 26quid :D (though the seat was gifted to from mate that was parting his old 206 but it is leather black seat so it looks fine) i still have to paint the Plywood frame though

I'm nowhere near with ya'll i've got old Pug206 seat on a welded frame and DIY plywood box /stand for tv :D grand total of 26quid :D (though the seat was gifted to from mate that was parting his old 206 but it is leather black seat so it looks fine) i still have to paint the Plywood frame though
That's exactly how I started with a home built wooden rig but then went down the rabbit hole of sim racing gear!

Latest Posts

Back