Show us your Gran Turismo racing set-up

• Thread starter Famine
  • 817 comments
6BK
Interesting! I’m still using a PS controller and seriously considering a G29 or T300 (different discussion there but most likely the latter) but play on the family TV. No spare room and putting a recycled car seat on rusty steel rails in the middle of the family room would not go down well. I’m trying to justify a PlaySeat Challenge because it’s neat and packs away. Realistically how easy & neat doesn’t it fold?

It folds really easy, and come with velcro straps to keep all together, once you have your pedals fitted to your length you don't have to worry about adjusting anymore, you fold it and done .

I takes me 1 minute to get it folded, then I take it away and store it in a closet.

I'm happy cause I got a good "cockpit" to enjoy the hobby, and my wife is happy cause it doesn't take long to fold and have place back :lol::cheers:

The playseat challenge comes drilled to hard mount Thrustmaster wheels, Logitech wheels and fanatec wheels btw:tup:

So a G29 or an T300 fits perfectly on it and hardmounted..

Time to say bye-bye to your controller (at least for racing games) :lol:

It folds really easy, and come with velcro straps to keep all together, once you have your pedals fitted to your length you don't have to worry about adjusting anymore, you fold it and done .

I takes me 1 minute to get it folded, then I take it away and store it in a closet.

I'm happy cause I got a good "cockpit" to enjoy the hobby, and my wife is happy cause it doesn't take long to fold and have place back :lol::cheers:

The playseat challenge comes drilled to hard mount Thrustmaster wheels, Logitech wheels and fanatec wheels btw:tup:

Crap, I was hoping you’d say it was rubbish so it would be more difficult for me to justify blowing a wad of cash on a big boy toy.

Good info BTW!

38503188_10156510087187145_2964514452084359168_o.jpg

38488026_10156510087287145_7246334664212742144_o.jpg

38614941_10156510086937145_8373255308687966208_n.jpg

I marked my pedal positions bc I play with a friend and he's short. Super easy to move em back and forth when we switch drivers at pits during endurance races. Slide it all the way in to fold up. The G29 clamps are plenty tight enough so I didn't hard mount.

20180816_081341.jpg

T300RS with T3PA pedals, GT28 leather rim, playseat challenge, and some random shelf unit that I found in the house. TV is old 32"

Also have TH8A shifter and the larger steering wheel from the T500RS but typically only use these for Assetto Corsa due to the poor clutch shifting in GTS.

Everything except the playseat challenge was either 2nd hand or found around the house. It's probably only cost me about £650 all in (seat £120, wheel £250, shifter £75, gt28 £75, ps4&GTS £130).

Next up is either the 599xx or sparco alcantara wheel (want a bigger diameter than the gt28) and a second TH8A which will run in permanent sequential mode and I just swap over as needed.

Not that I need to often but it all folds up within about a minute

Last edited:
I have a Thrustmaster T150 wheel and pedals attached to a DIY wooden stand made of bits of wood I had left over from other projects. Bottom plywood part slides underneath the chair so I end up in a comfortable position in front of my TV.

It doesn't fold up or anything, but it fits nicely in the cupboard underneath the stairs when I have visitors.

I have a Thrustmaster T150 wheel and pedals attached to a DIY wooden stand made of bits of wood I had left over from other projects. Bottom plywood part slides underneath the chair so I end up in a comfortable position in front of my TV.

It doesn't fold up or anything, but it fits nicely in the cupboard underneath the stairs when I have visitors.
It seems pretty far away from the tv though. Or are you used to the distance?

I've ordered a GT Omega proper stand. The hasty table cobbled together on Sunday night doesn't cut the mustard when the car loses control and you're fighting the real world physics of a moving table before you can tame the virtual car!

I have a reasonable size TV, 54" Samsung, so it feels fine. Only probably around 2.5m away from the TV (I live in the UK and we build tiny houses), so I can't really use the distance for my somewhat mediocre driving.

Plus the comfy chair(it's a recliner as well) works well when I put the steering wheel away and play other games :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That tells me of two things, you are a bears or Vikings fan???
One thing us Wisconsinites learn real fast is that its always windy in WI because Chicago blows and Minnesota sucks. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bears fan. I've never been to Minnesota but you're so right about Illinois, I'd rather live in Wisconsin. Nice job on that rig. :)

Bears fan. I've never been to Minnesota but you're so right about Illinois, I'd rather live in Wisconsin. Nice job on that rig. :)

Thank you.
That was just a Packer fan joke about our toughest rivalries. It seems no matter how good or bad of a season any of the teams have it's always tough when they play each other. I really hate when GB has to go to Minnesota and you hear all of those stupid viking horns.

About the PlaySeat Challenge. I have had both. The expensive one with steel frame and pro seat. And now I have the PlaySeat Challenge. The PlaySeat Challenge to me sits much more comfortable. That is the reason why I wanted to say dont get fooled by its cheaper price. It is personal, so test it out, but to me its much better.

I have mounted my TH8 shifter on the PlaySeat Challenge myself, because there is no place for it.

I can fold it in 15 seconds. Literally. So a lot faster than this video.

And the PlaySeat stables itself balanced when its folded which is perfect because you can do a lot with one hand or picking up the cables easily.

yXgq5Tv2.jpeg

Here is my new setup with 65” tv:

csarhnh8.jpeg

ODRaLiIF.jpeg

oH7r3pz2.jpeg

bLcNjVGS.jpeg

2vSOo1yn.jpeg

About the PlaySeat Challenge. I have had both. The expensive one with steel frame and pro seat. And now I have the PlaySeat Challenge. The PlaySeat Challenge to me sits much more comfortable. That is the reason why I wanted to say dont get fooled by its cheaper price. It is personal, so test it out, but to me its much better.

I have mounted my TH8 shifter on the PlaySeat Challenge myself, because there is no place for it.

And the PlaySeat stables itself balanced when its folded which is perfect because you can do a lot with one hand or picking up the cables easily.

yXgq5Tv2.jpeg

csarhnh8.jpeg

ODRaLiIF.jpeg

oH7r3pz2.jpeg

bLcNjVGS.jpeg

2vSOo1yn.jpeg

Hey Mac, do you think it helps sitting that close to the TV? We have a 65" TV but my eyes are probably 6'-7' from the screen, think it would help to sit closer or is it just a matter of comfort?

yXgq5Tv2.jpeg

csarhnh8.jpeg

ODRaLiIF.jpeg

oH7r3pz2.jpeg

bLcNjVGS.jpeg

2vSOo1yn.jpeg

Nice setup! How do you like that rim? I’ve always wanted one but, G29 life. Also, how’s the alcentara holding up?

Hey Mac, do you think it helps sitting that close to the TV? We have a 65" TV but my eyes are probably 6'-7' from the screen, think it would help to sit closer or is it just a matter of comfort?
I wanted to type that I was wondering why so many people are sitting so far from their tv. You should be sitting pretty close to the tv, since your tv is the substitute front window from your car. So normally your steering wheel should be close to the windshield. This to me is most realistic and feels best. The further away the more difficult it is to react.

Nice setup! How do you like that rim? I’ve always wanted one but, G29 life. Also, how’s the alcentara holding up?
I think it is just brilliant. The feel is amazing and the alcantara is doing just fine considered the amount of hours and sweat spend with it.

For GT1 I had a Logitech wheel in my lap, pedals pushed against the back of the TV compartment of an entertainment center, 22" tv from the early 90's on top of the entertainment center and a bar height chair that was just the right height.

Since then I've only used regular controllers.

Here's my set up. its a bit ghetto compared to some of the nicer set ups on here. lol But its a work in progress. ive been collecting legacy systems and gear for about a year from thrift stores/(opp shops in Aus) and craigslist/(gumtree in Aus), About a month ago i decided to start plugging it all in to see if it all works and to start working out the layout. Other than the ps4 related gear. most stuff was either free or up to $10.

I like playing all racing games as early as the 80's classics up to the newer stuff.

PS4
ps4.jpg

Stuff
shelf.jpg

Layout

layout.jpg

Forza Rig Lol
Forza.jpg

Wheels left to die by greedy corporations...
old wheels.jpg

Here's my set up. its a bit ghetto compared to some of the nicer set ups on here. lol But its a work in progress. ive been collecting legacy systems and gear for about a year from thrift stores/(opp shops in Aus) and craigslist/(gumtree in Aus), About a month ago i decided to start plugging it all in to see if it all works and to start working out the layout. Other than the ps4 related gear. most stuff was either free or up to $10.

I like playing all racing games as early as the 80's classics up to the newer stuff.

PS4
View attachment 760526
Stuff
View attachment 760519
Layout

View attachment 760515
Forza Rig Lol
View attachment 760514
Wheels left to die by greedy corporations...
View attachment 760517
Why is forza in the oven? haha

Why is forza in the oven? haha
Haha. Its a really old pc cabinet i got at the tip for free. I plan to convert it into a og xbox powered arcade cabinet. Fits a mid sized crt in it snugly. Im waiting for a x-arcade tankstick to come up for dirtcheap. Then ill get started.

Meant to post this a while ago but forgot, plus it has the TGT now so,
HAdS8SU.jpg

B A C K L I G H T I N G

HAdSOb8.jpg

Nice backlighting! Really makes it look like there's a little Darth Vader hiding behind the monitors. Nothing like the "dark side trying to kill you" stereotype to get the adrenaline pumping for some racing lol. :)

RogueOne_HP-1.jpg

Question, when you stream, does that top monitor show the stream while you're racing on the bottom at the same time (or do you put the monitor to sleep knowing that everything is probably working as it should be)? That must be very distracting having to deal with, especially in the dark.

Last edited:
K32
Question, when you stream, does that top monitor show the stream while you're racing on the bottom at the same time (or do you put the monitor to sleep knowing that everything is probably working as it should be)? That must be very distracting having to deal with, especially in the dark.

Yeah its for monitoring chat and the stream quality, The stream is making a comeback next month but I'm actually doing it properly (ordering capture card and making stream overlay and stuff :D)

Latest Posts

Back