Shuffle Race Mode For User-Created Lobbies Please

• Thread starter VBR
  • 68 comments

Would you like a Shuffle Race mode in GT Sport's public & private lobbies?

• Total voters
Fascinating. In that case, here would be my proposal to revive shuffle races using the more current system... First off, the Shuffle Base could be based around the power/weight ratio, rather than PP or category, and would be set as the approximate mean of the cars' p/w ratio.

I had a similar idea. There's no real need for potential Shuffle in GTS to stick to the N Class system. A power to weight ratio system would work just as well, if not better. I updated the OP with this idea. :cheers:

In GT Sport though, it wouldn't be as good simply because there is less road cars variety, and they are more spread out in terms of lap times. I did test all road cars from GT6 and GTS, in the former you can find groups of 10+ cars within a second or less. GTS, you may find 2 or 3 if you're lucky. Shuffle could kinda work in Gr.3, Gr.4 and Gr.B but it wouldn't really be the same stuff.

I had an idea to increase the number of cars, without actually increasing the number of cars. There are 4 levels of upgrades for each car in GT Sport, so create duplicates of every car each with a different power & weight set up. That would make about 6 different versions of each available car, thus upping the pool of cars for Shuffle Mode.

💡

Last edited:
Actually, Shuffle Race first appeared in GTPSP in Ad Hoc mode, if I can remember.
Speaking of GTPSP, it's been 10 years since it came out!!

I think each N-class is already (un)even enough to have pretty good base for Shuffle racing system...

What comes to GT5: Although the car list was massive - shuffle mode's car roster was rather small and few cars (Pontiac Sunfire, Muscles etc.) were already useless... With GTS' car list it would work just fine.

Shuffle racing/Car randomizer (or whatever) would definitely make N-Class racing more interesting.
Any system that limits meta car-/detuning mentality of many, is more than welcome.

Last edited:
I wish I could join you but the PS3 died a while ago.

You can pick up a pre-owned PS3 quite cheap nowadays. If GT7 isn't a launch title & we're gonna have to wait for it, might be a good idea...

Oh my lord this could be SO MUCH FUN! There's so many cool combos that could get tried out like this if the host selects them! :drool:

I've ALWAYS been someone that wanted GT Sport's lobbies to be like GT5's and GT6's. You could always find a cool road-car class room to have fun in, especially in GT6. There was something for everyone and I made a lot of friends which then culminated in us making our own lobbies. Anything from 350PP to 600PP, beyond, and below! People brought 1000HP GTRs, Supras, detuned supercars, beefed up economy cars, and I was one of the hipsters (usually raced in 400PP lobbies with my BMW 120d, it was so funny to beat others in acceleration out of corners :lol:).

To me, Sport's lobbies feel kinda... dead :crazy:. It's mostly the usual cop / roleplay lobbies, cruise or drift which yes, were also in older games, but the racing lobbies are kinda lackluster... it takes effort to find a cool lobby and it usually dies soon after, and if you make one, nobody seems to join. Also, you have to either make it Gr.3 RSS tyres BOP, or an N-class with like 10 banned car names in the lobby title.

Shuffle racing would make my damn day! And thank you @VBR for reminiscing me of the good old days with those videos. Cheers :cheers:!

Back