Sign Here! Petition To Build A Channel Of Communication Between Fans And PD...

• Thread starter fasj6418
  • 147 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You get someone to create the letter from this forum and you get as many forum members as you can to sign it, + a link on the petition to the thread so they can see everyone has really signed it and it's not just made up user names. And you e-mail it to Sony Americas PR department. I think that would be the best course of action. I do think people from Sony do visit this site, however there are certain NDA's that prevent employees from interaction, some people can actually lose there jobs just for interacting on a forum regarding work. It's not as simple as we'd all like it to be, but I think that would be the best course of action. Ofcourse if they did want to use this site (which I agree with Tenacious D that this is the best site around for this thing) they would need to make an agreement with Jordan over it and no doubt Sony would want to become the admin, I doubt they would let Jordan run an official Sony message board. I can see Jordan letting a Sony rep become a joint admin on here, but if Sony did create an official Sony message board, I doubt they would use this site.

Criterion Games, the creators of the hyper-awesome Burnout series, have a special feature on thier site called the "Mailbag". You can send in your questions and comments, and they would reply personally to it. I think PD should really do something like this.

And, by the way, even if all your game ideas did get through to PD they couldn't put them in, because game companies aren't allowed to accept unsolicited ideas. 👎

OK any volunteers from this thread to write the first draft? and then post it up on here so we could have a look and see how it looks like and try to refine it?

You get someone to create the letter from this forum and you get as many forum members as you can to sign it, + a link on the petition to the thread so they can see everyone has really signed it and it's not just made up user names. And you e-mail it to Sony Americas PR department. I think that would be the best course of action. I do think people from Sony do visit this site, however there are certain NDA's that prevent employees from interaction, some people can actually lose there jobs just for interacting on a forum regarding work. It's not as simple as we'd all like it to be, but I think that would be the best course of action. Ofcourse if they did want to use this site (which I agree with Tenacious D that this is the best site around for this thing) they would need to make an agreement with Jordan over it and no doubt Sony would want to become the admin, I doubt they would let Jordan run an official Sony message board. I can see Jordan letting a Sony rep become a joint admin on here, but if Sony did create an official Sony message board, I doubt they would use this site.

i´m aware of the NDA´s, and that´s what has to change. their policy. maybe being sony´s official site it´s too much, but as long as we get a channel of communication with the devs, its good.

i think we should be putting our ideas of what to write to sony. let´s make a draft to later on send to soný´s PR department.

i´ll think on some subjects, just last night i was thinking on how GTP could appear on HOME...

I dont even keep up with all the back end stuff with developers but what i have noticed through the 20 years of playing video games is that Japanese developers love to do the same dam thing over and over again just in a slightly different way. Granted all the GT serious have raised the bar for other developers but man, they need to shape up and add more content to the game as far as setting wise and actual damage on a car. I just got done watching a demonstration clip from one of the developers of forza, it really seems like they are paying A LOT more attention to the consumers. Well there is no need to go on and on since this has been probably discussed numerous amounts of time.

If I get time I will write some thing quickly and we'll start to refine and add to it until its perfect

GTO_V4

I cant believe you still have that signature!, its like from years ago and it wasn't meant to be a funny comment nor a joke!... do you post much??

Anyway, back on track, its true that if we were made official then we would get more info from PD but being official means less freedom in a way..... we would still be way more concise than other ones out there, still a good idea though...

Lol yea my signature is legendary and i owe it all to you 👍 :)

I post every once in a while, its just this forum is pretty huge. im usually everywhere.

back on topic. I dont know about online petition approach. we can maybe get what? about 200+ signatures? if that. its clearly there are more than a couple hundred thousand (est) GT fans in the US because the games have gone greatest hits (I forgot how many PS game sells does it take to get a game to go greatest hits) so yea, a petition with only small amount of signatures compared to the total GT fanbase aint gonna do ****. thats my opinion. in fact, i bet Sony and PD have an auto petition remover in there email system, lol. just messin'

Lol yea my signature is legendary and i owe it all to you 👍 :)

I post every once in a while, its just this forum is pretty huge. im usually everywhere.

back on topic. I dont know about online petition approach. we can maybe get what? about 200+ signatures? if that. its clearly there are more than a couple hundred thousand (est) GT fans in the US because the games have gone greatest hits (I forgot how many PS game sells does it take to get a game to go greatest hits) so yea, a petition with only small amount of signatures compared to the total GT fanbase aint gonna do ****. thats my opinion. in fact, i bet Sony and PD have an auto petition remover in there email system, lol. just messin'

Well I'm sure if we ask nicely , Jordan cam make an annoucment on all forums , remember that this site/forum goals is Gran turismo so I'm sure there are more than 200 fans out of 96,188 members that are on this forum

if we have 20 to 30 thousend members that visit this website at least once a month, that would already be a good thing.

if jordan likes the idea, and put links everywhere, i can´t see why can´t get 10.000 or so signatures. that would be an expressive number and i´m sure PD would do something about it.

@BMW318ciC: i´m also thinking about a text, i´ll come up with something tonight, at least topics, or why do we want a change in their policy

Not to put a downer on your figures but I don't think we get 5000 members frequneting this site, let alone 20-30000. The regular visitors will be in the hundereds, not thousads. There's not many members who have been active in the last 6 months with more than 50 posts to their names.

Not to put a downer on your figures but I don't think we get 5000 members frequneting this site, let alone 20-30000. The regular visitors will be in the hundereds, not thousads. There's not many members who have been active in the last 6 months with more than 50 posts to their names.

yes, i think you are right... maybe jordan has some traffic numbers for the website and can give us a few hints?

anyway, even if this results in nothing, i´m willing to try, since there´s nothing to lose other than time

It's definitely worth a try, jsut didn't want to see too much pinned on getting thousands of people to sign it. Ofcourse, being able to show Sony hundereds from just a single fan site isn't exactley a bad thing anyway.

It's definitely worth a try, jsut didn't want to see too much pinned on getting thousands of people to sign it. Ofcourse, being able to show Sony hundereds from just a single fan site isn't exactley a bad thing anyway.

The Brickish Association (UK LEGO Forum) only has a couple of hundred members, and a few of those work for LEGO. For the past few years the LEGO company has even sent representatives to some of our get-togethers, so it doesn't take huge numbers to show up on a companies radar. They even contacted us - no petitions were necessary.

Sony should be ashamed of themselves. Their community relations appear to be positively stone aged compared to a Danish toy maker!

Never forget their Japanese, not Danish. Much like us Finns, their ourward only when provoked.
Even a single letter directed for Polyphony could be enough, assuming that is they dont already read this.
Anyways, this isnt even a matter of worry, since unlike previous GTs, these new ones can be updated and patched.

its not about the actual game , its about being be able to interact with PD , I've played GT1, GT2 , GT3 ,GT4 ,GT concept , and Proluge , and when I get teh PS3 next moth I'm going to play GTHD , and I think for other people like me we would love a connection with PD , they need to make the fans feel special and show that they care

got this through PM from Fasj4618 , lets start changing and refining I think its a good base to start with so let the work begin ,
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Polyphony Digital,
as avids Gran Turismo fans is a bit of a letdown to realize that we have no channel of communication with your studios. we are members of the website GTPlanet, world´s number 1 source for all things related to Gran Turismo.

the game industry is going through fundamental changes. for the playstation world, is gaming 3.0. this concept, well explained by Mr Phil Harrison, adds a lot of feedback to the gaming world. we see examples of developers interacting with fans all the time. Ninja Theory, developers of the upcoming Heavenly Sword have a website complete with a forum, where devs can interact with fans, share some ideas and game concepts for a better chance to deliver what fans want.

operation sports is another good example of that. this is the biggest gaming sports website in the United States, and a lot of developers from games like MLB, madden, nba 2k share their thoughts, give explanations about their respective games, make
polls. the term "wishlist" is common in a website like that.

EAsports every year hosts an event called "community day" where members of fansites get a chance to talk to the producers, see the next game at first hand, share their wishlists. all of that aimed to give a better product to the consumers in the end.

recently microsoft went very far to the point of hiring a well known gaming jornalist to head the community aspect of the upcoming title "Forza Motorsport 2". it´s a great iniciative over at forzamotorsport.net, and we would love to have that with Gran Turismo.

we wonder and think why such a high-profile IP like Gran Turismo doesn´t have any interaction with its fans. is it a language barrier? cultural differences? (but since devs like Hideo Kojima host a podcast, we doubt this is a factor) lack of time or budget?

with the advent of HOME and the inevitability of the online gaming, we have a great chance with Gran Turismo 5. at GTPlanet, we are almost 100,000 registrated members, all with great ideas to improve GT, all passionate for cars and with the same desire as Yamauchi-san to have the perfect driving simulator at our hands.

let´s not waste this chance. Gran Turismo must have a community tied with developers. our ideas fit in very well with the concept of having HOME, and with
what Yamauchi-san talked about at last year´s TGS.

maybe GTPlanet can be Gran Turismo´s official website? maybe Sony has better ideas and is already working on something? we know that it´s not easy to make a game, and we are aware of the series of NDA´s, that developers can´t talk openly about GT5.
but we at GTPlanet share the same desire to have more interaction with Polyphony Digital,

best regards,

(signatures from all users we can get to sign!)

Dear Sony/PD Representative

To the Sony Rep that should be, and I hope actually is reading this, do yourself, and your employers a favour. Compose a short reply just to confirm that you do in fact observe the fan community, but are currently unable to respond with any specific details. Run this letter past your Legal department for their OK, and then post it here.

What's the worst that could happen? The Legal dept could say no / Your reply could cause us to ask many probing questions that you cannot answer / Some idiot could post a reply pretending to be from Sony when they are not.

What good could happen? Over time a two way communication channel could be opened between your developers and their biggest fans. The communities most talented players could become involved in the fine tuning of future releases. Better products, and excellent community relations could see profits soar.

I have already watched one company recover from record losses and go on to produce some of its best products ever by adopting this approach.

Edit: I was composing this as the above post was submitted. I had not read the above post when I posted.

found this while searching for PR adresses:

If everything is available simply through commerce, what will be available for gamers who want to unlock content through skill?

Kaz: There is a special car that is not available via commerce. Perhaps there is an online race and the car is only available to the winner. We hope to add that kind of content. Going back to the online community, there are the players who are participating and helping us build, there are manufacturers, but naturally as the community is formed, there will always be star players. There will be some guy in LA (Scott raises his hand) who will be the best in his area (raises it further). There will be car clubs, there will be mean guys that people are afraid to race, there are many angles to this where gamers will still be motivated to be better than others.

so, who are those people? clearly he envisions something in that sense...

also, the official PD website appears to have some info on how to contact them, but first we need to find a user that speaks japanese:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/inquiry.html

look, there´s even a phone number:tup:

Let me give this a shot, doing a little finessing of fasj's excellent letter. I'll just touch this up a bit. I'd like to see about one of my own from scratch in a few days.

Dear Polyphony Digital,

As avid Gran Turismo fans, we have been wanting to have a channel of communication with your studios, and the excellent people who have devoted themselves to producing the world's premier racing and car collecting game. Being isolated from the game company we regard so highly is disappointing.

The game industry is going through fundamental changes. For the PlayStation world, a huge metamorphosis is Gaming 3.0. This concept, well explained by Mr Phil Harrison, adds a huge amount of involvement with gamers around the world. But even before Gaming 3.0 becomes a reality, there is already an established movement to involve the fans with the developers.

We see examples of developers interacting with fans all the time, and this is something we are rather jealous of. Ninja Theory, developers of the upcoming Heavenly Sword, have a website complete with a forum, where devs can interact with fans, share some ideas and game concepts for a better chance to deliver what fans want.

Operation Sports is another good example of that. This is the biggest gaming sports website in the United States, and a lot of developers from games like MLB, madden, NBA 2k and others share their thoughts, give explanations about their respective games, make polls. The term "wishlist" is common in a website like that.

EA Sports every year hosts an event called "community day" where members of fansites get a chance to talk to the producers, see the next game first hand, share their wishlists. All of that aimed to give a better product to the consumers in the end.

Recently, Microsoft went so far as to hiring a well known gaming jornalist to head the community aspect of the upcoming title "Forza Motorsport 2". It´s a great initiative over at forzamotorsport.net, and we would love to have that kind of connection with the great people at Polyphony Digital.

We wonder why such a high-profile developer like Polyphony Digital doesn´t have any interaction with its fans, and would sincerely like to see this situation changed. Is it a language barrier? Cultural differences? (but since devs like Hideo Kojima host a podcast, we doubt this is a factor). Is it lack of time or budget?

With the advent of HOME and the inevitability of online gaming, Gran Turismo 5 offers gamers any number of opportunities for unique gameplay and interaction. At GTPlanet, we are almost 100,000 registrated members, all with great imaginations, all passionate about cars and with the same desire as Yamauchi-san to have the perfect driving simulator at our hands.

Let´s not waste this chance. Gran Turismo must have a community tied with the developers we admire. Our ideas fit in very well with the concept of having HOME, and with what Yamauchi-san talked about at last year´s TGS.

Maybe GTPlanet can be Gran Turismo´s official website? Perhaps Sony has better ideas and is already working on something? We know that it´s not easy to make a game, and we are aware of the series of NDA´s, that developers can´t talk openly about GT5. But we at GTPlanet share the same desire to have more interaction with Polyphony Digital, and non-disclosure agreements shouldn't prevent some dialog with the people we consider to be some of the best in the world.

Best regards,

(signatures from all users we can get to sign!)

thanks, 👍 i´ll also try to get some adress with one of 1up´s staff members... maybe he can give us a straight PR contact...

I would try but I don't think I can make a better one the one already posted . Any ideas to add?

-> I'll just put my initials on its, just give us a signal. (:

-> I really do hope that PD responds on this, I already know that Sony has ever been arrogant and self-centered. But to be able to surpass the competition the developer has to make connection with their fans in the most convenient way as possible. If PD gives us a cold shoulder, then kiss their success goodbye because games like Forza, TOCA, and Enthusia will be laughing their butts in from of them (in sales). (:

i already made contact with 1up´s editor, who is also a car freak. i hope he gives me a straight adress so we can start working on getting the signatures...

i´ll keep you guys posted 👍

I could creat a petition with what we have as you guys seem to like it

what would a good title be for the petetion?

cool i just read the posts in the other thread. before talking to jordan, daan and the other mods, i want to have all the adresses sorted out. daan, soon we will have news

I'll sign it once I know Jordan has given permission to mention GTPlanet.net possibly being involved ;).

Slightly late to this thread, but I've now signed it. I had a similar idea awhile back but it never left off. But yes definately, I'd love to be able to take part in a two-way communication channel in order to create an even bigger, better future for GT and it's fans.

4 signatures and counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back