Sil80 / 180sx / 200sx / 240sx = What´s Optimal

• Thread starter daltonlm
  • 71 comments

daltonlm

(Banned)
Lazy Liquid
So similar cars, so many doubts. So far im only trying to finetune the 180sx and the Sil80... should i also invest in the 200sx and the 240sx?

What is the main diferences about their performances?

The only thing so far i notice is, comparing the Sileighty to 180sx, is about the 180sx have more power and a bit more of weight.

What is your favorite version, mates?

I love the looks of the 240SX really :D power wise, i dont really notice that much of a difference. Imo, when drifting, they feel quite alike.

The Sileighty & 180SX should be pretty much identical, if they both have SR20DET in them. It's possible the Sileighty has the S13 SR20, and the 180SX has the S14 engine because they sold the 180SX up until 1998, so that could account for the power discrepancy you saw. However, they should both be red-tops, so it'll be a small difference.

The Silvia & coupe 240SX should handle a little different because they don't have the huge heavy hatchback window in the back, so the coupe's center of rotation is probably a little further forward than the hatchbacks. That's really the only difference that you won't easily overcome with modifications.

I personally love the looks of the Sileighty, in fact I have one IRL, so that's the only one I've spent any time tuning & drifting of course :)

I would say the one with the least jagged textures is the best, other people do have to look at it, be kind to other driver's eyeballs. 👍

Isn't the 200sx just a different badge in most parts? I have seen 200sx's being modeled before Maxima's and taken out the FWD SR20.

Well, the S14 is badged in GT5 as a 200sx, 240sx, and Silvia... Same with the S13 chassis (180sx, 200sx, 240sx, and Silvia), all with very little to no difference, other than small weight differences, as Pergatory pointed out.

Those badged as 240sx's, should have the 2.4L engine, but in fact, all the S series nissan's in the game are either CA18DE(T), or SR20DE(T), despite how they are badged.

To answer the OP's question, my favorite is the S14 Silvia K's Aero. Great balance.

;)

I've yet to find much of a difference, I was hoping one of them would sport its own little wing as I quite like the look without it.

Delphic Reason
Well, the S14 is badged in GT5 as a 200sx, 240sx, and Silvia... Same with the S13 chassis (180sx, 200sx, 240sx, and Silvia), all with very little to no difference, other than small weight differences, as Pergatory pointed out.

Those badged as 240sx's, should have the 2.4L engine, but in fact, all the S series nissan's in the game are either CA18DE(T), or SR20DE(T), despite how they are badged.

To answer the OP's question, my favorite is the S14 Silvia K's Aero. Great balance.

;)

I agree S14 k is my fave drift car. I haven't tuned up my s13 yet though

I want to make a point.
You know like all of the silvias (s13-s15) have very similar engines, if not, the same? I really think the s13 should have more power, as in 500-550.

i whould agree with all of you. put it this way, its like all the evo`s and all the skylines (excluding the old one`s) barely have a diffrence unless it has a tuned or different engine. in this case its basically the same.

I want to make a point.
You know like all of the silvias (s13-s15) have very similar engines, if not, the same? I really think the s13 should have more power, as in 500-550.

Way too much for stock..S13 should have around 145-245.

Not to go off topic... but does the game have the S13 with the popup lights like this?
798364_300.jpg

I see a couple 240sx s13 in the game, but they don't have the popup headlights and its not like the one in the picture...but the one is the picture is the one I like:tup:

Also, what is the difference between hatch and coupe, they look the same to me when I google search them:idea:

Lastly, isn't 180sx, 200sx and 240sx the same car, but different names depending on what country its sold?

Not to go off topic... but does the game have the S13 with the popup lights like this?
798364_300.jpg

I see a couple 240sx s13 in the game, but they don't have the popup headlights and its not like the one in the picture...but the one is the picture is the one I like:tup:

Also, what is the difference between hatch and coupe, they look the same to me when I google search them:idea:

Lastly, isn't 180sx, 200sx and 240sx the same car, but different names depending on what country its sold?

That would be the 180sx at best. Those years in America that sold the pop up head lights lasted around 90-94? Japan had those till 96. I wouldn't know about Europe though it was somewhat rebadge to 200sx.
Kouki style- after 90
Pig nose style- 89-90
Though after 91 we switched to the DOHC KA24e and possibly Red top and black top engines.

That would be the 180sx at best. Those years in America that sold the pop up head lights lasted around 90-94? Japan had those till 96. I wouldn't know about Europe though it was somewhat rebadge to 200sx.
Kouki style- after 90
Pig nose style- 89-90
Though after 91 we switched to the DOHC KA24e and possibly Red top and black top engines.

What? That didn't answer anything:idea: I'm pretty sure 240sx was only in North America, and the s13 had popup headlights only...

That's why I don't get why in the game there are s13 with no popup headlights and they don't even look like an s13?

Is it some special JDM model?

I'm pretty sure the 180sx Type X has the most HP out of them, 200sx the 2nd most, and 240sx the least.
I have all 3(plus the sileighty), and don't even really bother using the 200 or 240. It's all about the 180 and Sileighty for me.

I just don't know why they have the 240sx with the Type X body style. I have yet to see a 240sx here that came standard with that front bumper. If they had the pignose or sharknose, I would probably use it just to have something a little different.

What? That didn't answer anything:idea: I'm pretty sure 240sx was only in North America, and the s13 had popup headlights only...

That's why I don't get why in the game there are s13 with no popup headlights and they don't even look like an s13?

Are you looking for a 240sx coupe with flip up headlights? They don't have that in the game. The 240sx coupe with the flipups is basically a silvia with a 180 front end, or a "onevia" kind of like a 180 with a silvia front end is a sileighty.

The 240sx they have in the game with flipups is the hatchback model.

S13 is just the chassis used for the 180sx, 240sx, 200sx, and silvia.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
240sx was probably in Europe also,I may be wrong.
Taken from the master car list.
Nissan : (138)
180SX Type X '96 (image) Standard
200SX '96 Standard
200SX (S14) '96 Standard
240SX '96 (image) Standard
240SX (S14) '96 Standard
240RS Rally Car '85 (image) Standard
240ZG (HS30) '71 (image) Standard

yeah, those are Type X taillights. I think all the S13 hatchbacks in the game share the same taillights.
But yeah its in the game, as the 180sx Type X, 200sx, or the 240sx. Just keep an eye out for one of them. 180sx has the most HP though.

There is..though check the master car list also, I posted it on the bottom of page 1. Its probably in the UCD.

Whats the difference between 180sx, 200sx, and 240sx? So there can be s13 180sx, s13 200sx, and s13 240sx? You can only get 240sx in North America right and it's the only one that is left hand drive?

180sx will most likely contain the SR20DET engine and different style bumper and spoiler. ( probably rims also)(Red top engine)
200sx is badge differently and probably have the CA18DET engine or SR20DET ( possible both)
240sx was the first version of all though it changed in 96's when the S14 came.(Truck engine)
America's version had the truck engine with the pignose bumper. Aside from that its like the Skyline's. ( Different engine)
Other wise its just the body changes. Look at the bumper or spoiler. Its why the Sil80 exist because most of the S-chasis can fit all years ( somehow thank you tuner scene)

180sx will most likely contain the SR20DET engine and different style bumper and spoiler. ( probably rims also)
200sx is badge differently and probably have the CA18DET engine or SR20DET
240sx was the first version of all though it changed in 96's when the S14 came.
America's version had the truck engine with the pignose bumper. Aside from that its like the Skyline's.

So what is the American left hand drive version called, the 240sx? And whch of the engines is better?, sorry for thread hijack op.

The 180sx is better. Our version is the 240sx, I own a 1990 Nissan 240sx SE "Pignose style". If not, get the S15 Spec C.

The 180sx is better. Our version is the 240sx, I own a 1990 Nissan 240sx SE "Pignose style"

So if you want 180sx or 200sx it will be right hand drive and will be JDM correct? And yours is SE, is that the good one? What other trims are there and whats the best one?

Both 180sx and 200sx is right hand drive, also it is in the euro market. My 240 is standand, no spoiler. Just a 5 speed without ABS !

Back