SILENT HILL PS4PS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 59 comments
I hope its better than 1,2, and 3 or at least be equal to those classics. Really excited for this.
The demo was a complete mind ****!

I hope the full game isn't like that, it's really confusing and doesn't tell you anything.

But...Norman Reedus, Nuff said.

The demo was a complete mind ****!

I hope the full game isn't like that, it's really confusing and doesn't tell you anything.

But...Norman Reedus, Nuff said.
I watched it. I think the demo is an interactive back story told in reverse order, after he killed (hanged) himself. This is what I love in Silent Hill. Hopefully it (and Kojima) won't disappoint us.

I'm super excited... this could be the first good Silent Hill in a decade.

I have so many burning questions though!!!

Will Masahiro Ito be returning? With Guillermo del Toro attached, I have to assume not. But it would be amazing if he did.

Will Akira Yamaoka return to compose the soundtrack? I seriously hope so... but I'll give a new composer a fair chance.

And what about the numerous actors that Hideo Kojima has stated he wanted to work with on his Twitter account over the last few months, one of whom was Norman Reedus? Will any others be attached to this project, perhaps Ryan Gosling who was mentioned in the same tweet as Norman?

That second video is nice but what annoys me is that the footsteps are done with heels! The caracter does not wear shoes that make this kind of sound. Small thing but very annoying.

Who else here has beat PT?

I beat it by giving up :lol:

Seriously though, I gave up after getting the first laugh and was just talking with a friend while the game remained running (no mic plugged in) when I got a second laugh followed by controller vibrations then the third laugh you need for the phone to ring.

That second video is nice but what annoys me is that the footsteps are done with heels! The caracter does not wear shoes that make this kind of sound. Small thing but very annoying.
Who is to say that you are the same character, or even the same character each time in the demo? ;) The movement felt different for the two people I controlled: the first heavier and the second, lighter and likely female judging by the heel sounds.

Nice Eraserhead reference(s) (I don't know if ther are more than two, as I'm stuck at the moment...)

EDIT: I see from glimpses in the walkthrough that I missed doing something - so I'll get right back on that.

So I just found a play through on YouTube the other day for the playable teaser, and I'm hooked. This game is WAY outside my realm of interests as far as games go, but it has me so intrigued I've been watching play through videos for the last couple days. I don't have a PS4 yet (didn't consider getting one until GT7 comes out) so I had no idea about this game. :lol:

Anyway, some things I noticed from the videos I've been watching that stood out to me: (spoiler tags because I don't want to get yelled at :P)

- The first go 'round you see the torn photo on the wall next to the clock, but on the second time through it's missing. Where did it go? It comes back on the third time through.

- Why is the light in the main entrance always swinging?

- Everyone looked up at the balcony right? At some point there's someone up there, can't make out who it is. It looks like they have overalls on and barely stand above the railing, so short + overalls = the son?

- When you gouge the lady in the photo and the door opens to your left, you can also hear another door opening. Has anyone looked up at the balcony when it did that? None of the people in videos I have watched have looked up, they just turn left and head through the doorway.

- You can also hear a door unlock and/or open after the "HELL" letters transfer to the wall in the main entrance and the weird laugh. Since the door to the stairs is already open at the time, I'm also wondering if that is coming from upstairs, but nobody has ever looked up there either.

- The first story on the radio about the killings says that afterwords the father was found sitting in his car listening to the radio. Later on in the teaser, the story is played over the radio again but this time it says that the father was found to have hung (hanged?) himself with a garden hose in the garage. Now, during the part where you come across the refrigerator swinging from the ceiling, you also hear the story about the garden hose but this time there's another muffled voice in the background that I swear sounds like "the father hung himself with an extension cord in the garage". two radios in the house?

- Several times in the teaser when you stop and don't really move for a few seconds, you can hear the girl gasping for air what sounds like directly behind you, but when you turn around she's not there. I've only seen it in one video, (scratch that, two videos now as I'm writing this) but I'm surprised none of the other people figured it out, that she's always directly behind you when that happens. When you turn to look, she turns with you. The only way to see her is to go into the bathroom and look into the mirror, then you can see her.

Also, the part where you are running really fast and all the pictures on the walls are spinning eyeballs, one of the videos I watched (with two British girls) had an explanation for the eyeballs: they come from some horror book by another Japanese horror writer (can't remember his name) that is collaborating on the game. They even showed a part in the book where there were a bunch of eyeball illustrations. Kojima had tweeted that he was having lunch with the guy sometime last year.

One site I saw linked to an interview with del Toro and he had said it was not going to happen. I'd try to find it again but I'm at work and 99% of video game sites are blocked.

I saw on my facebook trending page that he officially said it has been canceled. So given that said the game is done. Maybe time to lock it?

Here is the
Silent Hills: Konami Confirms Game Canceled; Teaser for Video Game to Be Pulled Wednesday
The collaboration between Guillermo del Toro and Hideo Kojima was announced last year. Konami said it is committed to new "Silent Hill" games, but work on "Silent Hills" has ceased.

Back