SILENT HILL PS4PS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 59 comments
All I can say is that Konami must be going for the "In Water" ending...

Sheesh, what a waste.

They could do a 'Sleeping Dog's' and sell the publishing rights to another company. They would just have to change the name. Yet another sign that the Japanese gaming industry is struggling in an era where the western developed games are breaking records in budgets and sales.

They could do a 'Sleeping Dog's' and sell the publishing rights to another company. They would just have to change the name. Yet another sign that the Japanese gaming industry is struggling in an era where the western developed games are breaking records in budgets and sales.
Sony should be interested in Silent Hills and get the original developers to make the game for the PS4, this demo was the main game that people were excited to play using the Morpheus.

Silent Hills would be a Morpheus Seller without a doubt.

It would be interesting to know why Konami is dropping Hideo Kojima, doesnt really make sens for me. It's normal that they drop Silent Hills tho since it's a Kojima game.

Sony should be interested in Silent Hills and get the original developers to make the game for the PS4, this demo was the main game that people were excited to play using the Morpheus.

I agree but getting Kojima, Del Toro, Reedus, The Fox engine, the assets so far and the dev team would take some doing. Especially how the big wigs at Konami feel about Kojima (taking his name off everything)

If the rumours are true and Konami are gonna gut the big studios and concentrate on mobile and Japan centric titles, I truly hope some company steps in and saves some of the big IPs and studios from extinction. The Fox engine alone is worth saving IMO.

Agreed 100%.

Silent Hill is nothing without a messed up mind (or two) making it messed up.

The Kojima and Del Toro thing is no coincidence, in regards to the sudden enrichment of a long stale franchise. Without them it's a complete lottery on effectiveness if a/the game goes ahead.

Welp, so much for the hype that was built around the PT demo. The demo and the latest trailer look extremely promising, but it looks like this is gonna be vaporware. Damn it, Konami.

Re-considering my Morpheus purchase right now, Sony has to re-convince me with a killer game for the VR, Silent hills was THE game for me, now Morpheus doesn't feel like a "must-have" anymore.

Re-considering my Morpheus purchase right now, Sony has to re-convince me with a killer game for the VR, Silent hills was THE game for me, now Morpheus doesn't feel like a "must-have" anymore.
Same.

Edit: In fact, if Sony could snatch up the game from Konami, even just slightly changing it and giving it a different name would be nice.

Wait what? Silent hills wasn't guaranteed to be a Morpheus experience (wasn't even guaranteed to be a PS4 exclusive at all).

Sony convincing Konami to give them the game now will be almost impossible if they want Kojima involved imho, anyway Konami are in deep trouble.

if it was an exclusive I'd say it is likely but as a multi plat, Nah. I haven't gotten around to play PT yet (started downloading yesterday) interested in experiencing it for the first time though. @R1600Turbo

if it was an exclusive I'd say it is likely but as a multi plat, Nah. I haven't gotten around to play PT yet (started downloading yesterday) interested in experiencing it for the first time though. @R1600Turbo
I'm sure it's not hard to just include the coding for it to work on PS4 and exclude that coding for the other platforms. Probably not much to it.

Wait what? Silent hills wasn't guaranteed to be a Morpheus experience (wasn't even guaranteed to be a PS4 exclusive at all).

Sony convincing Konami to give them the game now will be almost impossible if they want Kojima involved imho, anyway Konami are in deep trouble.
True, but name another game that would be as good with the Morpheus as Silent Hills?

Plus, Kojima is known for experimenting with new technology so it would be compatible with the Morpheus if Kojima was the director, I have no doubts about that.

I'm sure it's not hard to just include the coding for it to work on PS4 and exclude that coding for the other platforms. Probably not much to it.

The way I understand it is yes coding VR support isn't hard (they do a weird thing on PC where a program runs almost any game on the rift) but for consoles the game pretty much has to be built with VR in mind (FPS etc).

True, but name another game that would be as good with the Morpheus as Silent Hills?

Plus, Kojima is known for experimenting with new technology so it would be compatible with the Morpheus if Kojima was the director, I have no doubts about that.

Yeah I think if it was a PS4 exclusive it would've been almost a certainty, hopefully this gets revived somehow.

Well, this just recently cropped up: http://ingsoc.org/

Of particular note are the images buried in the countdown directory: http://ingsoc.org/countdown/I_will_be_coming_back.png
http://ingsoc.org/countdown/and_Im_bringing_my_new_toys_with_me_.png
http://ingsoc.org/countdown/New_Toy_01.png
http://ingsoc.org/countdown/New_Toy_02.png
http://ingsoc.org/countdown/STS_UPDT.png

So either Kojima's trolling us here, or somebody else is trying to troll us.

FYI, the countdown ends a little less than a week from Tokyo Game Show.

Here are the results of a whois lookup on the domain name:

1. The registrant has masked their identity using Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
2. The host is Arvixe.
3. The domain was created on March 1st, 2015.

The first one could go either way. The 2nd one doesn't bode well for this being legit, but that could be intentional. The third one does bode well for this being legit, but it could be that somebody just happened to buy the domain at that time then decided to use it to troll SH fans.

Thoughts?

Interesting. We'll see how this one turns out. In development for PC, but PS4 & X1 releases possible.

Last edited:
Wow, that looks awesome. So, based on what I see, is this a PT clone or is it using the PT engine? I saw a couple PT references (Dad was such a drag for one).

Fun fact: the alarm clock radio on the kitchen counter there is the exact same one I use every day, and have used for at least 15 years. :lol:

This title is heavily influenced by P.T. Lilith Ltd. are using UE4 and should release sometime mid-late 2016.

allison4.gif

And we were worried about the future of Silent Hill... silly us! We should've known that Konami would deliver exactly what fans wanted. :D

Can't wait to see what AlphaOmegaSin has to say about this one...

Back