Silverstone GP 50 lap Touring Car Challenge 600pp TONIGHT @ 7:30pm UK time. 10 Spaces available!Finished 

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 97 comments
RACE DAY! :)

Hopefully we will get some more drivers today.

Are you all happy to race with 4 (maybe 5) cars on the grid?

If so should we reduce the race length?

Let's see how registrations evolve.
I do not know if you did it on purpose but for this car/track combination, 50 laps is very interesting in terms of race strategy 👍 (number of pit stops, push versus tyre management, etc.)

Let's see how registrations evolve.
I do not know if you did it on purpose but for this car/track combination, 50 laps is very interesting in terms of race strategy 👍 (number of pit stops, push versus tyre management, etc.)

Agreed Kefran. I would also like to stick to 50 laps.

Was kind of lucky that the lap count made it an interesting challenge to be honest :)

I apologize for the way I quitted the race.

Thanks Paolo for the organisation of the event and congratulations to aboe 👍

Well that was a bit of a waste of time, but nm.

Following on from what somebody said about cars being way overpowered I decided to do a little bit of post-race 'testing' with a few of the other cars.

I managed to get the RX7, the Astra and the TT all into the 1:55's comfortably. All times were achieved on the second flying lap, with a full fuel tank and very little practise/setup work... So actually, it's fair to say that although the times weren't identical (there was a 0.6 second spread), the cars were reasonably competitive with one another.

Shame it ended the way it did.

See you.

Back