Sim-Plicity Compact Series Direct Drive Wheels Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 287 comments
I prefer light FFB, linearity, and smoothness so the 7 may very well be the answer for me and now seriously looking at this.

Need some more information from guys that have it.
Are you running 7nm or full power when it's getting hot?
If you run 4-5nm does it still get hot?
Other than the rim, what else do we need to purchase? (Pedals excluded)
Also, Id like to run my T3PA pedals, is there an adapter needed?

I prefer light FFB, linearity, and smoothness so the 7 may very well be the answer for me and now seriously looking at this.

Need some more information from guys that have it.
Are you running 7nm or full power when it's getting hot?
If you run 4-5nm does it still get hot?
Other than the rim, what else do we need to purchase? (Pedals excluded)
Also, Id like to run my T3PA pedals, is there an adapter needed?

I run the wheel on its max - 7.2 Nm stated in the Settings tab.
After long use it is getting real hot - I am sure on 4-5 Nm will not be so hot.
You need a rim only. For the pedals you need to buy the TM usb adapter to make them USB pedals. It is cheap - around 15 Euro/USD.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/trj12-usb-adapter

PS

Forgot to mention that you have 2 RJ connectors on the controller box. In the future there can be plugged adapters made by sim-plicity for wheel rim button plates, pedals etc...

Last edited:
You need a rim only. For the pedals you need to buy the TM usb adapter to make them USB pedals. It is cheap - around 15 Euro/USD.

PS

Forgot to mention that you have 2 RJ connectors on the controller box. In the future there can be plugged adapters made by sim-plicity for wheel rim button plates, pedals etc...

Answered all my questions thank you!

PS

Thanks for the feedback on your impressions for the 7nm wheel. I am still undecided which wheel to go for but I would be happy with a 7 or 9 nm wheel as I do not use strong FF, currently my T300 is set to about 65 to 70% power in AC and that is strong enough.
Didn't know TM made an adapter for pedals, I might get one of those for my G27's which I currently plug into usb using a teensy 2.0++
Also simtechracing.co.uk control boxes already have the option installed to plug in pedals and button boxes but it is more expensive for their products compared to simplicity. Still holding on to see if Fanatec can start to deliver in December and then will take the plunge in jan or feb.

Thanks for the feedback on your impressions for the 7nm wheel. I am still undecided which wheel to go for but I would be happy with a 7 or 9 nm wheel as I do not use strong FF, currently my T300 is set to about 65 to 70% power in AC and that is strong enough.
Didn't know TM made an adapter for pedals, I might get one of those for my G27's which I currently plug into usb using a teensy 2.0++
Also simtechracing.co.uk control boxes already have the option installed to plug in pedals and button boxes but it is more expensive for their products compared to simplicity. Still holding on to see if Fanatec can start to deliver in December and then will take the plunge in jan or feb.
Infact the TM USB adapter can be very handy... the app for it can do dead zones and you see graphicaly all axes, so if you have some problems - you can inspect there your pedals very visualy detailed!:)

Also it is good to see what will have on the table or Xmass - Fanatec DDs, Feel VR etc...:)

It is not live stream - it is youtube premiere - the review is prepared to launch in specific time, which is made to gain some hype.. in general the results so far are mixed reported from some big youtubers.

I am a fidelity fun but the power is onlly 2,4Nm constant torque? I suppose it is like the 15Nm of the dd1 value??

A little pricey if you ask me. I would like the SW12C for that price. If i consider the features of the dd1 i think it is not fair priced(the SWC line)

Last edited:
I am a fidelity fun but the power is onlly 2,4Nm constant torque?
2.39Nm holding torque which is 33% from the 7.1Nm peak torque. For example, the bigger motor(small MiGE) has 10Nm holding torque which is 50% from the 20Nm peak torque. This is something that bothers me but I've heard that SW7C is about as powerful as CSW V2.5.

71 degrees Celsius is not so much for an electric motor that is not cooled by a fan, I thought it would be over 80 degrees Celsius.

I can confirm that the power is more than CSW 2.5 - no matter that on paper can be the same. The feeling that you use more powerfull device is from the fact that SW7C wheel is faster/agressive than CSW. Imagine you hold something in hands and I pull it very fast to me...it will be very difficult for you to hold....imagine now same power of my body , but I am pulling slower - it will be easy for you to counterfight me:) So, comparing Nm to Nm is not very fair. It is important what is the management of those Nm etc...
When you look to Compact line - for me the reasonable buy is the 7Nm models...others - 10 and 12 can perform better no doubt, but their price is going closer to bigger OSW brothers, Accuforce V2 and even the Podium.
Buying SW7C is not same as "save some more and buy Podium" - Podium cost twice.

Thanks to let us know!;)
Thanks for this strange comment.

You don't seem to like me because probably due to our discussion earlier. Which is odd. :odd:
You are making it difficult to like you as well although I'm trying. So please don't start a flame war and keep your comments to yourself.

Thanks

No, just kidding - Dont get it personal or negative! I am serious now!:) I didint read your last message there to avoid any confrontation - I preffer to stop on time!:)
You are welcome to go to any topic to say - I am not interested of this product!:) and I am welcome to say - Thank you for letting us know!:)

No, just kidding - Dont get it personal or negative! I am serious now!:) I didint read your last message there to avoid any confrontation - I preffer to stop on time!:)
You are welcome to go to any topic to say - I am not interested of this product!:) and I am welcome to say - Thank you for letting us know!:)
Ok, all is good. So, I guess we are back on the same page?

:cheers:

Ok, all is good. So, I guess we are back on the same page?

:cheers:
Everything is fine, now serious question from me - from all coming or present DD wheels after all reading here and there - what is the most desired/affordable for you? The one that you really think to havae in hands? For I really want to have together with my SW7C - Accuforce V2 and DD1. In 2019 will try to have at least one of these if it is possible!;)

For I really want to have together with my SW7C - Accuforce V2 and DD1. In 2019 will try to have at least one of these if it is possible!;)
I want to be your best friend in 2019 and invite me to test these wheels.:lol:

Do not take it seriously just joking.:)

Everything is fine, now serious question from me - from all coming or present DD wheels after all reading here and there - what is the most desired/affordable for you? The one that you really think to havae in hands? For I really want to have together with my SW7C - Accuforce V2 and DD1. In 2019 will try to have at least one of these if it is possible!;)
DD1 Podium
FeelVR

Well I'm torn between the options and have decided to wait until the Podium is out awhile.

I don't know which way to go.

OSW

Simexperience (currently running attractive black friday sale)

Podium

Simplicity

Who would you honestly give $1000 to, which one is the best anymore?

Well I'm torn between the options and have decided to wait until the Podium is out awhile.

OSW

Podium

Simplicity

I would wait some reviews of the dd1 first and then i would make a decision
Also the plug and play feature is a must for me

If I have 1000$ I will buy the Accuforce V2 or the Podium DD1!
The Accuforce have the great benefit of Sim Commander software and you receive Simvibe for free.
The Podium have the great benefit of Fanatec ecosystem and their on the fly settings.

If I have 1000$ I will buy the Accuforce V2 or the Podium DD1!
The Accuforce have the great benefit of Sim Commander software and you receive Simvibe for free.
The Podium have the great benefit of Fanatec ecosystem and their on the fly settings.

Sim commander is the best feature of accuforce. As Shaun said is sooooo deep

Sim commander is the best feature of accuforce. As Shaun said is sooooo deep
I have it, because I have Simvibe...So, I am familiar with it....it have two faces - the one is very complicated software in which you can edit alot of stuff...but the other face is very user friendly and if you dont feel confident to edit alot you have integrated search and you can search for otther member settings and just download them and use them!;) It is insane software!

OSW

Podium

Simplicity

My perspective, not that I am a professional or anything. (He he... Professional Dopplegagger. LOL)

Fanatec offers a pretty compelling package with its plug and play wheels. But the DIY in me is steering me towards an OSW or one of Simplicity's Large Mige based wheels. There's something so satisfying about being to say "I built this". Even if I am following instructions that someone else developed.

Another thing I want, is not to be tied to one eco system. It's nice to have products that are designed to work together, but doing that I'd always feel as if I am missing out on something better. It's a weird thing to say, I know...

I'll take any rolled up news papers off air. Thank you.

My two ore many more personal cents.

• DD1 podium's plug & play is very important to me but expensive and doesn't even includes a wheel. Also electronics are included in the wheelbase
  • FeelVR has potential and has pedals included in the package and I need better pedals than the G27. Not too expensive (gave my reasons some time ago). Also the electronics are included in the wheelbase.
  • All the fuss about the Simplicity and personal contact with, uuhm what is his name again, to set up the wheel is too much and not convenient. Read too many inconvienentses about these wheels. Separate electronics (motor controller)
  • Accuforce is absolutely out to the question due to the transport, duty costs and taxes. Makes it way too expensive
  • OSW? Isn't that a simplicity wheel but the DIY version?

@Krassi, in the video review William says that the wheel oscillates severly at high speeds, and that the only way to reduce it is to turn up inertia, which in turn reduces the details in the ffb and makes the wheel more sluggish.
Is this an issue that you are having also?

DD1 podium's plug & play is very important to me but expensive and doesn't even includes a wheel.
Yes, the main disadvantage when going Fanatec (if you don't own anything from them beforehand) is the total price. DD1 is €999 and then if you want a "generic" round wheel you have to shell out €400 for the Porsche wheel, if that is even compatible (according to specs it isn't). I doubt that the P1 wheels are compatible.
I wish they would offer a package with the DD1 and a cheaper round "generic" wheel with plenty of buttons.

Last edited:
DD1 is €999 and then if you want a "generic" round wheel you have to shell out €400 for the Porsche wheel, if that is even compatible (according to specs it isn't). I doubt that the P1 wheels are compatible.
All Fanatec steering wheels are compatible with the DD1 including those with a simplified(plastic)QR, but the DD1 and DD2 are too powerful for these steering wheels with the simplified(plastic)QR and the power will be limited.

Here is the Porsche wheel in action:

Back