Simbin Race series

• Thread starter Hirokisoki
  • 55 comments
http://youtu.be/BHBpoOmdnGs

http://youtu.be/oOjkz6vfuDc

These are WTCC Extreme addons. 600hp rwd Mini :D
I have four other cars, i'll upload them later and post them here

Edit: Uploaded! all these will be found in WTCC Extreme. You need to have GTR Evo for them to work

These cars are all 600hp rwd with the exception of Volvo 850 wagon (600hp awd)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6au8d187j8ibc0q
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cwsmqk6d2mniehq
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s2u9dyct7wh8ann
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?us4s0ayivo8tn65
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?118wxvz38xpd7aa
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0psf7jwoudeppc7
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f39oa9yab3ljt45
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dtnl9u5du4xbt32

lol! oop's more than four cars.

Last edited:
I'm downloading these when I get home, that Volvo sounds like fun; the one that came with STCC 2 is worth the price of that pack alone!

I'm still on the shelf with this. What does the game include? Is there an actual single player game mode or is it another test drive with AI and online mode like Rfactor etc? I don't really need any more test drive with online games like Rfactor as I have pretty much everything else other than Race 07 at the moment.

Bigbazz
I'm still on the shelf with this. What does the game include? Is there an actual single player game mode or is it another test drive with AI and online mode like Rfactor etc? I don't really need any more test drive with online games like Rfactor as I have pretty much everything else other than Race 07 at the moment.

There's no 'career' mode like NFS, GT or Forza but you can start seasons of any of the classes in the game against AI. Otherwise there's online, time trials, single race mode, free practice... Something about an arcade mode I think but I've never touched that. It is quite a lot like rFactor, but as the quality of mods can be hit or miss it's nice to have as much content as the entire Race 07 series does at a consistent level of quality, with the bonus of moddability, even if it's not quite as moddable as rFactor.

I'm kind of in your situation but with IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946, in that I'm on the fence about it (I don't have other WWII flight sims, though). If nothing else I want comes up in the sale I'll probably get it because it'll be within my budget, but if I spend just a bit more (which is likely, let's be honest) then I'll leave it for now.

An interesting feature is a championship editor. You can select which tracks will compose the championship and in what order, the specific category of cars, the amount of practice sessions per race, and the rules for the championship. AI on this title is very competitive. The difficulty level at "Begginer" is 80, but you can turn it up to 110!

There's also the usual free run/practice mode but can be made into a track day with AI cars by checking "No" on the "Private test" option. Single races are included as well, just pick a track, a car, the settings, and you'll be good to go. All in all, the single player mode in Race07 is very solid.

It's by far the best one. The Nordschleife + a ton of horsepower to play there with. The WTCC Extreme cars rock, they have around 600 HP. DBR9, C6R, etc. It even comes with DA BEAST, namely the Koenigsegg CCX which is really challenging to drive with road tires and those 800 something HP. Really hardcore. This+GT Power expansion will give you plenty of high powered thrills.

I have the Koenigsegg Agera somewhere in my files. I'll look for it and post a link for it here as soon as i can. This car just gets added into the existing Koenigsegg file.

Edit: Found it pretty quick.

Koenigsegg Agera
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wcwan2ss5u6ia77

Ferrari F40 and Enzo for GTR Evo
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4c7979uxiw5d21c

Last edited:
So Steam removed my Race 07 game and as I expected Race On and GTR Evo have also disappeared. I don't think I'll therefore be able to re-add them to my online steam account but not too much of a problem, I'll just do offline installs of them since I don't race online.

Got Injection downloading now, 8.2GB so I assume I'm downloading Race 07 and all of the packs as well in one go. Loving my new internet speed though!

streamspeed.jpg

So Steam removed my Race 07 game and as I expected Race On and GTR Evo have also disappeared. I don't think I'll therefore be able to re-add them to my online steam account but not too much of a problem, I'll just do offline installs of them since I don't race online.

Got Injection downloading now, 8.2GB so I assume I'm downloading Race 07 and all of the packs as well in one go. Loving my new internet speed though!

streamspeed.jpg

Words cannot describe how jealous I am of that speed, I get at best 600KB/s. The hilarious thing about that is BT upgraded the internet in our area a couple of months ago so it is in fact four times faster now than it has been for the last 7-8 years...

Maybe you could get in touch with Valve again and tell them what's going on so you can get your other packs back, you'd hope they would understand given that if they don't let you have your old content back, they've basically made you give up your right to use something you've paid for just so you can buy something different from them, which is objectively unacceptable, whether you want to kick up a fuss over it or not is obviously your decision but some mods, should you choose to get into that, only work with the online versions of the game (and maybe a handful work on the offline versions, but not many) or so I believe.

Yeah I just got upgraded to the 60Mbps speed on Virgin Media, it's rapid to say the least.

I'm really not too bothered about not having the other stuff online and I don't think they would do anything because they made it clear to me that the serial would be de-activated if they removed it and I agreed.

I still need to see which they've de-activated though, as I said before I have a boxed copy of GTR Evo and Race On and they obviously have different keys.

I'm still on the shelf as to whether I should buy this, I don't have any version of this, though I own GTR 2, its around £8 for the race injection on steam but that doesn't include GTR Evo, i'm assuming if I buy Evo it will add on to the Injection title?
I say GTR2 is better for GT cars racing, better than Evo. What Race does top notch is Touring Cars racing. And other stuff. It just seems too many seem to grab Evo and let STCC be. I think that's the wrong way around.

I say GTR2 is better for GT cars racing, better than Evo. What Race does top notch is Touring Cars racing. And other stuff. It just seems too many seem to grab Evo and let STCC be. I think that's the wrong way around.

You're right, but GTR2 can be hard to find for a reasonable price so GTR Evo is an acceptable substitute. Frankly, as I know nothing about the STCC I wasn't particularly drawn to that add-on because we had WTCC (or is it BTCC?) already in the base game and I thought 'well, it's just going to be the same cars with Swedish liveries' and to an extent that's what it is, but the circuits are great and the bonus cars made it all worthwhile. It's really not that expensive right now anyway, but I think GTR Evo was worth the full asking price for the Nurburgring alone, but it also happened to have quite a long list of cars attached.

Sorry for the double post but wow, just had an amazing race to remind me why I love the Simbin Race series. The graphics are nothing special but it excels where it matters, in physics and AI.

So I started an STCC 2010 season, 100% difficulty and all aids off/pro settings, using the Volvo C30. The first track was new to me, Jyllandsringen, so I used the first two practice sessions to learn it. Short track but really good fun, short squirts between many tight corners. Anyway I learnt the track and come quali I got pole by 0.015 seconds.

The race I set at 20 minutes long and the first 12 laps were exhilarating. I kept the lead but had a Scirocco on my rear the whole time, never more than a second ahead. I made a mistake on lap 13 I think and he passed me. Next couple of laps I was pushing as hard as I could to re-catch him but had no luck. Was settling for 2nd until the lead car made a few mistakes and I was right behind again. Then disaster, I ran too hard and too wide in turn 15, hit the gravel and spun. Rejoined 12th and the final three laps were spent hunting down 11th. I nearly had it, went up the inside into turn one but someone had taken out the marker boards, i misjudged my braking point and went deep.

Final position 12th but seriously, one of the best offline races I've had in any game. I can only dream of AI even half as competitive in a certain console game. Can't wait to do the rest of the season now.

Nice to hear GTR2 being brought up here! I think it's still a good one to play. There is quite a few good mods for it, lots of tracks, mods and tracks are still being released for it and the physics are good as well.

GMT released a Porsche 911 GT1/Mercedes CLK GT1 mod recently and it is a great mod! It is available at No Grip and Drivingitalia.net. Their 2003 Audi TT DTM mod is pretty good too.

Sorry for the double post but wow, just had an amazing race to remind me why I love the Simbin Race series. The graphics are nothing special but it excels where it matters, in physics and AI.

So I started an STCC 2010 season, 100% difficulty and all aids off/pro settings, using the Volvo C30. The first track was new to me, Jyllandsringen, so I used the first two practice sessions to learn it. Short track but really good fun, short squirts between many tight corners. Anyway I learnt the track and come quali I got pole by 0.015 seconds.

The race I set at 20 minutes long and the first 12 laps were exhilarating. I kept the lead but had a Scirocco on my rear the whole time, never more than a second ahead. I made a mistake on lap 13 I think and he passed me. Next couple of laps I was pushing as hard as I could to re-catch him but had no luck. Was settling for 2nd until the lead car made a few mistakes and I was right behind again. Then disaster, I ran too hard and too wide in turn 15, hit the gravel and spun. Rejoined 12th and the final three laps were spent hunting down 11th. I nearly had it, went up the inside into turn one but someone had taken out the marker boards, i misjudged my braking point and went deep.

Final position 12th but seriously, one of the best offline races I've had in any game. I can only dream of AI even half as competitive in a certain console game. Can't wait to do the rest of the season now.
I play a lot of offline races and championships in general in simracing games and glad to hear someone else likes that too. At 100% the AI is really tough in this game so good job on that pole position. If I don't have the energy to try my hardest I usually run 95-98% difficulty.

I've never been one for online gaming, just not my cup of tea, especially not in a sim like this where I'm just not going to be good enough so good offline racing is something I need. I used to do a lot of championships with Race 07 a few years ago but that was with a pad, now I've got a DFGT it's completely different.

The AI certainly isn't perfect, they have a lot of weak corners but overall they're very challenging and of course the great thing is as you say they're adjustable so it doesn't take long to get them on your level.

I really like the FWD touring cars as well, they seem to suit my driving style well. I can never really get on with fast open wheelers and such, touring cars are definitely more up my alley.

Does anyone have this mod: http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=998

I can't get my validation email to get to my inbox and therefore can't download it.
http://trippteamdownload.servegame.com:100/Race 07 - Race ON - GTR Evolution/CARS/S-Z/

3rd page 6th one down. Also does anyone know if its possible to get the ingame steering wheel to rotate more than 270 degrees? I want to change it so it matches the rotation of my wheel like i can in rFactor so it feels more natural.

i'm new register,i see you member "MidAshers"asking WTCC 2011 Mod,i can give you a site (not sure if the mod are available),but you can see tracks,Mods........and without register ( but resume download not working without register),i have download many things from it,most of files work perfect,and some files link broken,see it,and tell me,i give you an other link if you want:it's for GTR Evo,and you can choose any other SimBin like GTR2/rFactor1 or 2/.........just choose Category you like :
http://www.simracingworld.com/files/250-gtr-evolution/

Somewhat amusingly, the guy who is subletting from my flatmate told me the other night that his uncle is one of the named drivers in GT Legends, I can't remember which one or why but I'm inclined to believe him since very few people outside of dedicated sim racing communities would be aware of GTL. Also he brought home a crate of free beers, so.

Somewhat amusingly, the guy who is subletting from my flatmate told me the other night that his uncle is one of the named drivers in GT Legends, I can't remember which one or why but I'm inclined to believe him since very few people outside of dedicated sim racing communities would be aware of GTL. Also he brought home a crate of free beers, so.
(This is probably wrong but) do you know if he was ever a driver in the FIA Historic series around GTL's release, because that's where I think all of GTL's driver names come from (could be wrong).

I'm having issues with GTR2 having taken the plunge tonight. I downloaded a mod (Ferrari 458 GTE), added it to the files and then fired the game up. But I cannot find the cars? Screenshots of what I see in game - there should be 55 teams!

image.jpg

I'm pretty sure that "GameData\SIM_GrayMTR_866" should actually say "GameData\SIM_Ferrari_458_GTE" to match the .GDB file found in the GameData folder...

image.jpg

No information, but I can see 1 of the cars and even drive it!

Last edited:
Do you have any mods featuring classic (or indeed modern) Japanese racing (or drift) cars? I have the AE86 Club mod (in both Race 07 and rFactor) but apart from that I'm sorely lacking things like an R30, KPGC10, any SuperGT, Super Taikyu and so on... I'd also like Japanese circuits and point-to-point hillclimb courses but I've already scoured nogripracing.com's download section. I'm kind of hoping from your Japanese-sounding screen name you might be able to help point me in the right direction!

Can you pass the Toyota AE86 download link?

Can you pass the Toyota AE86 download link?

Can't find any that are still active, sorry. Try searching for "Race 07 AE86 club", the results that mention WTCC87 are what you're looking for but I can't find any download links that are still active. I'll see if I still have it saved but I don't think I do.

Back