SIMUCUBE 2 Direct Drive Force Feedback Wheel Bases

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 198 comments
About the wirelessness, how will that be solved for existing wheels? Will we be able to purchase those adapters to fit onto existing wheels?
I'm also wondering how much a wheel rim will cost compared to the Fanatec wheels. I guess it will vary wildly depending on what you want.

The Podium DD wheels have a lot of connectors to connect Fanatec hardware to the Podium DD wheel. But what about the SimuCUBE SC2. Can you connect shifters, handbrakes and so on to this DD wheel?
Probably not, unless those peripherals are made by the same people that make the SC2. So in that area Fanatec has a slight advantage. But having to connect a couple more USB-cables into you computer is just a minor inconvenience IMO. It will hardly be a deciding factor when it comes to the purchase decision.
I would wait for more reviews and a direct comparison to confirm this.
Definitely! With €1000+ on the line I won't even consider bying without proper tests/comparisons. Hopefully someone will pit the DD1 and SC2 Sport against each other.

Probably not, unless those peripherals are made by the same people that make the SC2. So in that area Fanatec has a slight advantage. But having to connect a couple more USB-cables into you computer is just a minor inconvenience IMO. It will hardly be a deciding factor when it comes to the purchase decision.

Definitely! With €1000+ on the line I won't even consider bying without proper tests/comparisons. Hopefully someone will pit the DD1 and SC2 Sport against each other.
Finally someone who understands what I was asking in the Podium thread. :D

Everyone understands that but you also said that you don't trust other peoples opinion because they can be bought. :D
That was not me who said that it was @LearnersPermit. Why should I wait for reviews if I don't trust other people's opinions? ;)

Look:

I would never trust anyone’s opinion when anything is given to them by the company they are “reviewing”.
You can’t trust real reporters let alone YouTubers that just “review” for the free swag

I don’t have anything against the guy that wrote his opinions on the wheels, I read them on the iracing forums a few months ago
It’s just my opinion and like I said I don’t personally trust this type of reviewers opinions when anything is given to them. Even the reviewers that get just free game for reviewing since they say whatever keeps them in the good graces of said companies to keep getting free stuff

Like the meme going around says,
“Paid reviewers are never to be trusted change my mind”

Nope, but I love his videos because they informative, same goes for Shawn Cole from inside sim racing. I watch the videos because they give you info you might be looking for but their personal opinion on the products mean nothing to me personally
Why do you think YouTube forces reviewers to tell you how they got the product and why?

Shady tactics that’s why

This is what I said:

Eagerly waiting for the Sim Racing Garage review.

I'm still leaning towards the Fanatec DD wheel instead of the OSW. But I want to know how the FeelVR performs as well.

I'm still eagerly awaiting youtube reviews on the DD1. Especially Barry's review (Sim Racing Garage). At the moment I'm still more interested in the FeelVR but that can change very quickly.

Indeed. I'm waiting for reviews, especially from Sim Racing garage and GamerMucleVideos.

I'm also interested in the FeelVR, although that interest is getting less and less by the ..... mmmm, month. My interest in the DD1 is getting stronger and stronger by the ...... mmmm, minute. :P

If I could bring myself to spend a lot of money on sim racing hardware, I would get one of these:

5be324f0e8f34f1b36060023_H%20Pattern%20Optimised.jpg

:bowdown:

:D

About the wirelessness, how will that be solved for existing wheels?
This is possible but not easy and you will have to do it yourself.

''Compared to other popular DIY modules, the module was developed to be installed onto a larger button plate / box pcb where the buttons and encoders are connected to. This means that

• There is only one ground pin and one power pin. This should be solvable by a DIY guy easily, but might require soldering skills to connect all ground (or power) wires from buttons at some point other than our module first.
  • There is no way to configure pins via USB application - it requires a separate not-as-cheap programming device manufactured by us to configure pins. This we should be able to solve somehow for the possible DIY version of the module so that it would be suitable without separate configuration for 90% of the users.
  • The button box must have access hole for the user to change the battery. I guess not a problem for DIY guy to take thing apart once every two-to-three years or so?
  • The button box must have a radio transparent window somewhere. DIY = Dremel?
This being said, we have recognized the feedback, and are still evaluating different ways to make this available for DIY in meaningful way.''

Link

This is probably common knowledge for others but not for me:

* Does the SC2 have a wireless connection between the wheel and the base?

This is probably common knowledge for others but not for me:

* Does the SC2 have a wireless connection between the wheel and the base?
Simucube Wireless Wheel™ (SWW)

Built-in wireless wheel receiver in Simucube 2 automatically connects to your Simucube Wireless Wheel just by briefly pressing both paddle shifters simultaneously. The wireless wheel transmission protocol has been specially engineered to provide consistent and unbreakable millisecond range response times, as well as extremely long battery life of over 5 years. Swapping wheel will also take effect immediately without the need of re-assigning controls in the simulator.

SC2.png

"As have been stated, that specific psu used on the Podium series featured early on in the selection process, but they were quickly discarded due to problems surfacing very early on in the testing phase, often becoming rather noisy after just 30-60 minutes of testing."

At first glance that doesn't look good for the Podiums.
But I always go into "Sceptic eyebrow raised" mode when I see one competitor talking negatively about another competitor's products. Time will tell.

Last edited:
"As have been stated, that specific psu used on the Podium series featured early on in the selection process, but they were quickly discarded due to problems surfacing very early on in the testing phase, often becoming rather noisy after just 30-60 minutes of testing."

At first glance that doesn't look good for the Podiums.
But I always go into "Sceptic eyebrow raised" mode when I see one competitor talking negatively about another competitor's products. Time will tell.
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...ou-buying-and-why.165758/page-10#post-2962829

My PSU emits some noise and some buzzing (DD PS4). After heavy use there is some plastic smell (not burning but like the one that old sega genesis used to make) from the heat.

Coil whine is kinda normal (My PC has it ant it is even more high pitch). Catching on fire part is not cool (Hope it won't :D )
I'm not getting any replies from other users if there's PSUs are the same thou.
From my POV PSU is the only minus that i can see for now (not looking at the price etc) Everything else is 100% solid.

That torque reduction filter seems very nice. I think I read somewhere that it was first and foremost developed for older games. but using it like this is certainly practical.

There is practically no latency between the SC2 and the virtual wheel (youtube clip above). The youtube clips I just saw about the DD2, the latency is much higher compared to the SC2.

There is practically no latency between the SC2 and the virtual wheel (youtube clip above). The youtube clips I just saw about the DD2, the latency is much higher compared to the SC2.
There are many factors causing latency between virtual wheel and controller wheel....

monitor, game animation, PC , quality of the video , etc.
I don’t think you can see the input lag between controller vs controller from videos :boggled:

There are many factors causing latency between virtual wheel and controller wheel....

monitor, game animation, PC , quality of the video , etc.
I don’t think you can see the input lag between controller vs controller from videos :boggled:
Yep, I know, I forgot to mention it in my previous post because I thought about it quite some time after posting. The SC2 video the driver is using a dedicated 49" gaming monitor as the video with the Fanatec I saw is using, I believe a television. :D

That has absolutely nothing to do with the wheelbase..

Back