SIMUCUBE 2 Direct Drive Force Feedback Wheel Bases

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 198 comments
A guy that I met a couple of years ago has spent more than €10,000 on his racing sim. I believe that he mentioned it was around €15,000. I say 10,000 because I can't remember correctly and want to be honest. D

The SC2 wireless rims will be on sale tomorrow at racewerk.com

Definitely ordering the formula rim.

izpra6tane.png

Edit:

c4ab816cb85e8488c393a1dd722af6f32672cad9.jpeg

Last edited:
Simucube 2 User Guide

Derek Speare Designs is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Granite Devices to be the US Distributor for the Simucube 2 Direct Drive Wheels and complementary components. This is a massive opportunity for our customers to take advantage of the best in sim racing wheel technology! We're excited to bring our customers in the United States and Canada this amazing wheel system. The Simucube 2 is built on the foundation laid by Granite Devices, the people who made Direct Drive Wheels a reality for everyone.

We have a small allocation of Sport and Pro versions available to us for customer shipping no later than mid July. We recommend that you do not wait if you are looking to make your purchase since we do not expect ordering to last long.

Remember, the Simucube 2 delivers:
  • Reliability - Made in Europe by the people who have been making industrial control machinery for decades
  • Performance - cutting edge hardware controllers and outstanding interface and configuration software to deliver the huge and subtle forces you need to win
  • Value - no fancy colors or frills. A fancy paint job doesn't make a wheel perform better - You just get maximum performance for every dollar of your hard-earned cash
Pricing for July Shipments:
  • Sport - 1199.00 USD
  • Pro - 1399.00 USD
  • Ultimate - 2699.00 (VERY LIMITED availability)
To make your order see this page from the DSD Site:

http://derekspearedesigns.com/simucube-2.html

Thank you for taking the time to read our Simucube 2 Announcement Email! We know your time is valuable and appreciate you sharing it with us right now. We are certain that the Simucube 2 Direct Drive Wheels will make every aspect of your sim racing efforts more enjoyable!

Cheers and happy racing!

Oh my, Fanatec has it's problems, Simucube has it's problems. It seems that FeelVR is the only way to go. :sly:

Yes, just an inexperienced user who comes from a T300 and does not know how to set the wheel.
I will continue to follow the subject if there is any development.

So once again the answer is for people to stop speculating about things they don't understand or know anything about. If people just contacted the manufacturers calmly when they have issues, most would get solved without any drama.

Another great review by Barry.

I don't really understand why they are using two power supplies, not that it will really matter for most people's setups.

Not really a fan of their quick release solution either with the pin mechanism. I don't doubt that it works fine, just seems annoying to have to use the pin system. Their are solutions to just mount your own QR system though so that's good. Fanatec's podium QR works great with zero play, and also has the possibility for being completely swapped out with a different QR in the future if they develop something different. And obviously it accommodates all of their wheels and properly powers them. And will work fine with other wheels with the Podium hub. And other wheel manufacturers will be able to take advantage of the great Podium wireless system by integrating into the USB-C port on the hub.

Does the Simucube require you to enable high-torque mode through the software every time you power it on?

The Simucube looks great though, such a massive improvement over their older solutions and pretty much all the other older DD setups out there. I think the question is what does it offer over the Podium bases, as the Podium offers some nice apparent advantages with the ability to directly connect pedals and accessories and control their settings directly via the wheel tuning settings, their great wireless system that doesn't require any bluetooth setup nonsense, and the integration with the own ecosystem, built in display to provide wheelbase and settings info, which is really useful actually, as well as the console support.

I think the most underestimated thing with Fanatec Podium, is how nice it is to tune wheel settings via wheel while you are actually driving. Makes determining differences so much more direct and obvious.

Last edited:
Back