[Single Race] Classic Monza 200, Jan 10, 2015Finished 

United States
Indiana
DSkywalker01
Monza 200 by dskywalker01, on Flickr

Figured I would kick off 2015 by dipping my toe in the water of hosting races and possibly a series later on, so be kind as I am figure this all out. Now to the race.

• WHAT IS THE MONZA 200?
The Monza 200 is a race in the spirit of the old Monza 1000km World Sports Car Race, which was last held in 2008.

The Monza 200 is
open to cars built from 1960 to 1970 and limited to SH or lower tires. Cars must be built with a minimum of 700kg and a max power of 545hp in the Sports Protoypes or 1000kg/400hp for GT cars.​

• THE RACE
picture(30).php

• Layout: Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane)
  • Laps: 55, 196.9 Miles, 316.25 km (+1 pace lap)
  • Start time: 15:00 (EST) Jan 10, 2015
  • Qualifying: 7 minutes
  • Weather: 30%
  • Cars: 1960-1970 sports and race cars. (see regs section for more detailed car guidelines)
  • Tires: Sports Hard or below, rain tires are also permitted for heavy weather only
  • NUMBER PLATES ARE REQUIRED ON CARS THAT CAN CARRY THEM!
  • THE CARS and CLASSES OF COMPETITION
Obviously this event aims to imitate World Championship Sports Car racing in the 1960's so regs are made open and yet similar to the regs of those days.

There will be two classes of competition to enter, Sports Prototype and Grand Touring any car can enter each class, so long as it meets the weight and power requirements.

Two cars are banned outright the Toyota 7 Race Car and the Chaparral 2J.

• SPORTS PROTOTYPE
Power: 545 HP and below
Weight: 700 kg and above.​
  • GRAND TOURING
Power: 400 HP and below
Weight: 1000 kg and above.
  • ENTRY LIST
You can enter the race here on GTPlanet but you will need to sign up for the race through my GT6 Club, Skywalker's American Le Mans (ID: 1022082), as the lobby will be set up there on race day.

Right now the aim is to have a full grid of 16 cars, it does not matter which class you choose there is no set limit for GT or P cars in the race. Just post here what car you will be driving and what the specs, class and number/color (if applicable).

Sports Prototype
  1. DSkywalker01- #91 Jaguar XJ13, British Racing Green
  2. Brutaka- #23 Ford GT40 MKI, Blue/White
Grand Touring
  1. merlin68falcon-#14 Shelby Cobra Daytona, dark blue w/white
  2. copes24- #[standard car] Jaguar E-Type, Cotswold Blue
  3. WolfPackS2K- #20 Ferrari 250 GTO, TBA
Any questions or comments please don't hold back, I am new to this! :cheers:

Last edited:
Just tried the Daytona on SH tires....better move me to the touring class. That thing is going to be a hand full on those. Looks like I have a lot of work to do.

Just tried the Daytona on SH tires....better move me to the touring class. That thing is going to be a hand full on those. Looks like I have a lot of work to do.

Moved. SH tires are gonna make this a challenge, but tires in the '60's had a lot less grip.

Feeling lots better about this race on SH tires! Const. 1.50s and a 1.47 best. Gojng to be a blast! Where is everybody? Lets get signed up!

I'm interested in participating, however the race time doesn't work for me. Would it be possible to move up the whole event one hour earlier? To 15:00 EST?

I'd probably want to use the Ferrari 250 GTO, however it doesn't look like that car fits very well into either of the vehicle classifications.

I will be able to do an hour earlier.

I forgot to say my car is Cotswold Blue and I can't put a driver number on it.

The car handles pretty poorly and it's 21kg overweight. Only managing 1:52s but it looks great!

I'm interested in participating, however the race time doesn't work for me. Would it be possible to move up the whole event one hour earlier? To 15:00 EST?

I'd probably want to use the Ferrari 250 GTO, however it doesn't look like that car fits very well into either of the vehicle classifications.

What is wrong with the GTO, not enough power or weight? I can let you have a waiver to help you get into a class.

Thanks for the time concession!

I had thought (incorrectly) that the GTO could not meet the min weight requirement for GT (1000 kg). However, looks like it can. However, the GTO is not a race car and (like the E-Type) has no downforce. Alternatively, the Shelby Daytona coupe has a lot of downforce. I don't think the GTO will be competitive. Might look at the Camaro or Challenger race cars tonight ;)

Thanks for the time concession!

I had thought (incorrectly) that the GTO could not meet the min weight requirement for GT (1000 kg). However, looks like it can. However, the GTO is not a race car and (like the E-Type) has no downforce. Alternatively, the Shelby Daytona coupe has a lot of downforce. I don't think the GTO will be competitive. Might look at the Camaro or Challenger race cars tonight ;)

I don't own the GTO but what is its stock weight? I could let you run underweight to make up for lack of downforce.

Back