[Single Race] Classic Monza 200, Jan 10, 2015Finished 

The Mark 1 is a fantastic car, it has many different parts that you can customize to make it your own and it is extremely fun on this track.

I think we should be able to use aero kits that may come with the car but huge modernized wings should be outlawed.

Agree 100%.

A "no changes on the Cobra" , it comes with racing medium tires and is very good. Try SH. No matter, switching to a '66 Mark 1 in French Blue #14. ( its faster lol)

Yep in GT spec the GT40 is much quicker than the XJ13... the Jag is a Prototype and needs that horsepower.

Ok thanks. Sorry to be a pain. If it isn't ok with everyone else just start without me and I will still pop in to spectate :)

I'll join shortly.

I drove the Daytona Coupe on SH tires man, not RM! lol

And btw aerodynamic devices cannot be added to the 250 GTO.

RACE RESULTS

1.) DSkywalker01, GT40 MK1- 28 Laps, 55m22.22 Sec

2.) Brutaka_GT, GT40 MK1- 28 Laps, + 01.198 Sec

3.) dawson864, Ferrari GTO- 28 Laps

4.) copes24, Jaguar E-Type- 27 Laps

5.) merlin68falcon, Ford GT40 MK1- 27 Laps

BIG difference in performance. That kit adds down force by making larger holes in front hood. Added it to my car, I could then loose the weight and make it steer right, laps dropped to 147 instantly.

It was a fun race and a learning experence. Just adding my thoughts, so going forward making a rules package this can be thought about.

BIG difference in performance. That kit adds down force by making larger holes in front hood. Added it to my car, I could then loose the weight and make it steer right, laps dropped to 147 instantly.

Interesting... GT40's running the canards might have to be classified as Prototypes. I had no idea it was anything other than a visual enhancement.

Also just for questions what were people running with aero cars? Sounds like they were around the laptimes the other GT cars were running.

I am NOT a first class tuner OR driver. I had the Cobra at 147 and was going to start triming back the down force next, till it started struggling in that first right hand corner.

I am NOT a first class tuner OR driver. I had the Cobra at 147 and was going to start triming back the down force next, till it started struggling in that first right hand corner.

Hmmmmm almost seems like there need to be three classes. I was running the Jag XJ13 in P spec in the low 1.42's, seems like the Ford GT40 will run a 1.44 on the absolute ragged edge with the aero updates... same pace as the Cobra GT, and stuff like the Ferrari GTO, Jag E-Type, and the Vanilla GT40 can run in the 1.49's.

Three levels of performance.

Maybe.....not sure what the answer is. I think a two class system can work. Just have to lay out the rules package accordingly and we'll have to do more testing to get it right.

Maybe 3 classes is the answer. What were the 60's rules? Didn't they run GT1, GT2, and Prototype? Do we want 3 groups of five? Stuff to think about.

What was the power limiter setting on your car as it was raced?

94% or something like that.

Maybe 3 classes is the answer. What were the 60's rules? Didn't they run GT1, GT2, and Prototype? Do we want 3 groups of five? Stuff to think about.

Sports 5000 (Stuff like the Porsche 917)
Prototype 3000 (Stuff like the Porsche 908)
Grand Touring (Stuff like the Porsche 911)

I think that was it.

Latest Posts

Back