SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand...the system seems flawed to me. From what I take of it, you are basically rewarded in this round by turning in a slower time. If you turn in your best possible time you are then put up against guys who are very close in speed, minimizing your chances of advancement in the following knock out rounds...Of course if we all played by the rules and turn in the best possible time this wouldn't be an issue, but that's naive to think that will happen...as there is a prize for winning this event.

Most drivers are already GTP registered, this round was to try and guage non GTP members and their ability, random replays will be requested and viewed by myself and Jack, if i or jack decide a competitor as broken the rules, wall riding, crashing and sandbagging etc etc they will be eliminated, tolerance of drivers trying to gain an advantage just to proceed and hopefully win is at 0 with myself and i will evict drivers from the competition if i and Jack deem this is to have happened.
I hope all people in this event are taking part to have fun and maybe get something out of it, we all know that racing online we come across many bad apples, hopefully non are here at the GTP or in this event.
Best of luck to all and get your times in soon, Cashwars

As requested by Wanna_B, here is my tune for this event. Have fun!

This event is driven in Arcade-mode. (Expert/Professional Physics although)
The settings are not adjustable for this event.

So what... ?

Last edited:
Nice idea guys. Im going to do a time in a min. + I cant go online anyways on my PS3 im over my download limit and that stupid 2.52 FW Update came out so i'll PM You my time once im done and i'll save the replay as well :) I'll get it to you by the end of tonight as I have work ;)

Most drivers are already GTP registered, this round was to try and guage non GTP members and their ability, random replays will be requested and viewed by myself and Jack, if i or jack decide a competitor as broken the rules, wall riding, crashing and sandbagging etc etc they will be eliminated, tolerance of drivers trying to gain an advantage just to proceed and hopefully win is at 0 with myself and i will evict drivers from the competition if i and Jack deem this is to have happened.
I hope all people in this event are taking part to have fun and maybe get something out of it, we all know that racing online we come across many bad apples, hopefully non are here at the GTP or in this event.
Best of luck to all and get your times in soon, Cashwars

Fair enough. I think the guys who have the best chance of winning the whole event WILL be playing by the rules regardless, so in the end it won't really matter...as the best will come out on top. This still doesn't take away from the fact that it will be impossible to determine whether or not SOME are sandbagging it through the first round though, if even slightly...to improve their chances of advancement. I mean I have times that vary over a second in this TT, yet there is really no way of determining how much effort I am putting in if someone random were to watch the replay. When there is prize for winning such a competition there are going to be dirty players regardless if this is GTP or not, we are all faces hiding behind a computer screen. I for one am just taking part in this event for the fun of it and to see where I stack up in comparison to other skilled 6-axis users. I have no need for the prize unless it were a G25 or Fanatec. Even then I would feel guilty for taking the hard earned money from the folks on this board. :cheers:

Last edited:
This event is driven in Arcade-mode. (Expert/Professional Physics although)
The settings are not adjustable for this event.

So what... ?

Hehe... maybe it's for the next round, since it says suzuka ??
GTP_Wanna_B asked me to post it so you guys can practice with it. And yes, it is for the next round. I guess they have not yet updated the first post yet to reflect this. ;)

Suprise :sly: Yeah this car is for the seconds round. Round 2 is suz.

GTP_Wanna_B has been in contact with Lars to get the tune 👍

As the time trial ends in a few days we are giving people a head start. You can use this tune or a tune of your own.

Will update the first post for round 2 when the final day comes around.

time submitted, looking forward to this comp! sometimes its more enjoyable using the controller rather than the wheel all the time! cheers!

I am having the worst luck with this, I found another 1.8 seconds off my slow poke time and then forgot to save the ghost :(

I am having the worst luck with this, I found another 1.8 seconds off my slow poke time and then forgot to save the ghost :(

Dont save your ghost, save your best lap reply.

the ghost is another expression for best lap replay i believe.

Owh. Never heard of that. My bad.

I thought he meant he saved his "Ghost Replay" instead of his "Best Lap Replay".

I'm not sand-bagging, but then I didn't spend ages trying to do my fastest possible lap. Mostly, because I hate the micky-mouse circuit ;)

I could have gone faster, but isn't that always the way?

I'm not sand-bagging, but then I didn't spend ages trying to do my fastest possible lap. Mostly, because I hate the micky-mouse circuit ;)

I could have gone faster, but isn't that always the way?

You know, I utterly despise this circuit as well. For some reason it seems my entire approach and philosophy on how to drive it is incorrect so I have put off even giving this a go, which is a shame because I really want to be a part of this tournament.

I'll try to get some time on it over the next 2 days but with the No Mercy event, the James Bond thing, the IFTC thing...when!?!

All the best
Maz

You know, I utterly despise this circuit as well. For some reason it seems my entire approach and philosophy on how to drive it is incorrect so I have put off even giving this a go, which is a shame because I really want to be a part of this tournament.

I'll try to get some time on it over the next 2 days but with the No Mercy event, the James Bond thing, the IFTC thing...when!?!

All the best
Maz

I am totally loving the fact that there are so many events at the moment. I can get bored very quickly continually doing the same event. It has reignited my love for this game. It gives us a choice and adds variety.

Grim 👍

I am totally loving the fact that there are so many events at the moment. I can get bored very quickly continually doing the same event. It has reignited my love for this game. It gives us a choice and adds variety.

Grim 👍

I can definitely see it from your point of view, don't get me wrong. The problem is I wasn't bored at all I just didn't have enough time for everything, and now I definitely don't. Something's gonna suffer...usually it's my sleep pattern...

All the best
Maz

All the best
Maz

Not everyone will like the track and we cant suit everyone. If you really wanted to be part then you would stick out the time trail and put in a decent time.

For Eigar it doesnt take long to get your times down to a very good standard, its the little tenths that are hard to get.

If we had put this event on suz, then im sure people would complain because they dont like the track.

Would have thought you'd have stuck it out Maz as you seem to pop into alot of event 👍

Sorry you dont like the track, Jack

Not everyone will like the track and we cant suit everyone. If you really wanted to be part then you would stick out the time trail and put in a decent time.

For Eigar it doesnt take long to get your times down to a very good standard, its the little tenths that are hard to get.

If we had put this event on suz, then im sure people would complain because they dont like the track.

Would have thought you'd have stuck it out Maz as you seem to pop into alot of event 👍

Sorry you dont like the track, Jack

Sorry Jack, I think I didn't communicate well enough in my original post. I do truly hate Eiger but I will ceratinly pop in and put a time up. I didn't mean for it to sound that I was ignoring the event or that I was staging some protest at the track choice. I am sorry for coming across that way. It's my own fault and lack of ability that make Eiger a problem, and I've let it get in the way of my attempts at this.

I wouldn't be too pleased with myself either if I didn't have a crack at this, so I will definitely be submitting a time. I did plan to all along, was just having a whinge about time amd track constraints from my point of view 👍

None of which is anyone else's fault.

EDIT: As for putting in a "decent" time.....well I really think that's a kind word to use for the best I'm capable of around Eiger :D I really wasn't kidding when I said I have a real issue with this course, I couldn't even get gold in the licences in standard physics here with either the BMW or the Evo, so getting those last few seconds, never mind tenths will prove hard. it's cool though, I am sorry again if it sounded like your work and organisation was unappreciated.

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Full time racing drivers, suffer and thrive and different circuits, so GT5 is no different there.

I'm great around Fuji, terrible at Eiger...Some racers are the opposite.

I think for that reason, no matter how an organiser tries to make it ''fair for all'' it will ultimately be impossible. I'm not one to complain, but for me Eiger is a rally circuit...You know? Cover it in snow, ice and cold gravel and it would make more sense...

But, as long as you do a GTR event at Fuji I don't mind (jokes) lol.

I'm not crazy for Eiger either. :sly: I enjoy more traditional road courses and street circuits where more speed is maintained. To me Eiger seems more like a rally stage as RPM mentioned...not a time trial course. And a really short rally stage at that. There's no question Eiger is definitely a EXTREMELY technical track (blind apexes, lates apexes, off camber corners, lots of elevation change, etc.) especially when driving a momentum car like the Audi TT though. The traditional fastest line isn't what you might think with this car, making those last few tenths extremely difficult to find. The controller also makes it much more difficult to put together what you might call your perfect lap, as the consistency is very hard to achieve on this course. I continue to knock time off my previous best laps, but there always seems to be a trade off in mistakes. I'll be a good bit faster in say sector one then my sector 2 or 3 may be a bit slower than my previous best. And I'm only happy with my sector one time probably 1 out of 5 times...so yea it gets rather frustrating after a while :crazy: Good luck! 👍

When Jack suggested Eigar, i thought what the bloody hell...i detest that track, i did 2 laps and thats enough

And as some of you noticed, Jack's already mentioned, the next round still makes use of the Audi TT, tuned this time. A ready made tune as been supplied courtesy of Dutch Customs, which you can tweak if need be or make your own. Me and Jack met up for only one race using Dutch Customs tune, i know i had a giggle throwing it around the Suzuka track, so hopefully you will too.
Also believe there is just 24 hours left to get you times in, thanks to all those who have already done this

Last edited:
Ive only tried once for 30mins...

I gotta test automatic if it makes a difference...

I wonder if next round is online?

Time submitted. I was hoping to take at least another 2 tenths off my time today but unfortunately I have to go to work right now. :indiff:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back