SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic videos Brock, thanks for posting them. It was actually a lot of fun to re-live the events of Saturday night :)

I didn't realise I put up a decent fight in race 3, in my memory I felt I just got beaten hands down from the get-go, but from the video it seems I was a thorn in your side right up until the start of lap 4. After that you pulled something like a second out over me up to T1 and then we got amongst the backmarkers and you handled them very well using their drafts wisely and went on to win. When the video ends on lap 5 I'm only about 2 or something seconds behind. I guess I had a pretty bad last lap because I was 5 to 7 down at the end?

I can now understand why I got a number of taps from you from behind through the night, especially when you were trying to slipstream,. I kept wondering if it was some sort of tactic that you didn't want to get ahead of me until a certain lap/corner, but seeing how it looked from chase cam, I can clearly understand why there were some taps 👍

Anyway, again, loved every minute and thanks again for recording and sharing the videos. I will cherish the Fuji race for a long time :D

All the best
Maz

Fantastic videos Brock, thanks for posting them. It was actually a lot of fun to re-live the events of Saturday night :)

I didn't realise I put up a decent fight in race 3, in my memory I felt I just got beaten hands down from the get-go, but from the video it seems I was a thorn in your side right up until the start of lap 4. After that you pulled something like a second out over me up to T1 and then we got amongst the backmarkers and you handled them very well using their drafts wisely and went on to win. When the video ends on lap 5 I'm only about 2 or something seconds behind. I guess I had a pretty bad last lap because I was 5 to 7 down at the end?

I can now understand why I got a number of taps from you from behind through the night, especially when you were trying to slipstream,. I kept wondering if it was some sort of tactic that you didn't want to get ahead of me until a certain lap/corner, but seeing how it looked from chase cam, I can clearly understand why there were some taps 👍

Anyway, again, loved every minute and thanks again for recording and sharing the videos. I will cherish the Fuji race for a long time :D

All the best
Maz

I think my lead at the line was something like 5 seconds at the most. I don't think it ever got up to anywhere near 7 seconds though. I can't recall for sure though.

Yea, I'm quite sorry for the bumps. :indiff: I'm not sure why it was occuring so much when I was attempting to pass. It must have had to do with me being rather unfamilar with the size of the car and adjusting to the strength of the draft 💡. I will say that at times it seemed like there was a bit of lag though, as I would try to pass a bit early and your car would end up getting bumped even though I really didn't think there was any visual contact on my side. I'm not completely sure what was going on there though :dopey: It definately wasn't a strategy of mine :lol:

Sorry for some of the bumping I was giving you under braking as well. Of course there were a lot of variables (being in a unfamilar car, adjusting braking points, affect of the draft under braking, etc.) that I was trying to take into account while pushing hard to keep up and put pressure on 👍 I guess a little bit of contact and paint swapping was to be expected since we got absolutely zero seat time in the cars beforehand. TTYL :cheers:

Last edited:
Oh absolutely mate, it was to be expected. No need for you to apologise 👍

I'm up early waiting for the delivery man to bring me my driving revolution :lol:

All the best
Maz

Oh absolutely mate, it was to be expected. No need for you to apologise 👍

I'm up early waiting for the delivery man to bring me my driving revolution :lol:

All the best
Maz

Ahh, lucky you :sly: I'm still waiting for mine, some 4 months later :crazy: :lol: Let me know how you hop on and get acquainted though! I'm really interested to see how you transistion.

I am floored at how good and professional you guys are with controllers. I think GTPlanet should start a fund to get you guys wheels. Awesome, just Awesome.

Thanks for the compliments bro :cheers:

Actually the two Finalist (myself and Synwraith) already have our wheels on the way :) Synwraith's G25 should show up today from the sounds of it. I'm still waiting for my Fanatec GT3 RS wheel to arrive, which I've been waiting an agonizing 4 months for :crazy: It should show up in a week or two fortunately. Should be interesting to see how we transition to the wheel though.

Thanks for the compliments bro :cheers:

Actually the two Finalist (myself and Synwraith) already have our wheels on the way :) Synwraith's G25 should show up today from the sounds of it. I'm still waiting for my Fanatec GT3 RS wheel to arrive, which I've been waiting an agonizing 4 months for :crazy: It should show up in a week or two fortunately. Should be interesting to see how we transition to the wheel though.

It has arrived :D

Best. Purchase. Ever.

I don't even care if I'm slower for the rest of time, this is THE WAY to play Gran Turismo.

All the best
Maz

It has arrived :D

Best. Purchase. Ever.

I don't even care if I'm slower for the rest of time, this is THE WAY to play Gran Turismo.

All the best
Maz

I'm jealous :sly: What stand/seat did you go with? Keep me updated on how things go in terms of lap times :)

Think everything has been said and done now. Congrats guys and best of luck to all SixAxis racers moving to wheels 👍

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back