Skate 4 & Dirt 4 Need to Come Out!!PS4 

What game would you rather see come out

• DIRT 4

• SKATE 4

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
Dallas, Texas
CBGAMING72
I have been waiting forever for these two games to come out.

SKATE 4

DIRT 4

I would love to see them come out like that would be amazing. I would play Dirt 4 All day

DiRT 4 is what I think DiRT Rally will end up being when it's released on consoles. Which will probably be some time next year I think.

Last edited:
Nah Dirt Rally is not Dirt 4. Dirt 4 doesn't even exist yet and might never come.
Considering their doing DiRT Rally now I think we will at least see some news on DiRT 4 before 2016.

Considering their doing DiRT Rally now I think we will at least see some news on DiRT 4 before 2016.

True, I mean I have tried Dirt Rally on PC but I just dont really like it. I mean I hope it comes to next gen console because at least we would have a Dirt Game.

Dirt Rally is Dirt 4.

Consider that Codemasters went through internal nightmares and massive loss of profits, forced to put out poor quality stuff with rehashed content a lot of the developers spoke out about it, the top guys running the company are no longer the same... A lot of **** went down.

Then the guys responsable for Dirt (who are genuine rally fanatics) thought this was an opportunity to make a real Rallying game that people would play for years and respect, one that would have a lasting legacy like Richard Burns Rally did with the fans, rather than being a throwaway title that people would play and then trade in (which is how they themselves described some of the previous games).

If you read any of the roadmaps regarding Dirt Rally, and also followed the company issues that came before it you will realise that Dirt Rally is Dirt 4, it's the Dirt game they always wanted to make... It's also fantastic, if a little barebones at the moment, it's still mid development.

I just want another Dirt Game on Consoles it would be amazing if there was one on the Next Gen Consoles. I mean I have a lot of other games to play but there is no game like the Dirt Games. I always had a blast playing Dirt 3 on PS3. I still play it to this day but the graphics going from PS4 back to PS3 is horrible.

I just came back to playing Dirt Rally a bit, they have fixed the early Force Feedback issues (it's now fantastic, as apposed to being really poor before) and it also seems the physics have been improved somewhat (especially on tarmac).. Blasting through Wales last night in a Group B Audi Quattro was probably one of the most hair raising and exciting driving experiences I've ever had in a racing game.

Dirt Rally is amazing, by far the best Rally game Codemasters has ever put out. I hope when it is finished that the console crowd gets to play it.

It's really not for the feint of hearted though, or for the novice driver and maybe that will be their downfall on the large scale. To win in Dirt Rally at the upper championships you have to drive like Colin Mcrae, that is with absolute committment and with disregard for the safety of your (virtual) life, pushing as hard as possible whilst also nailing every line, you have to drive each stage like a world class rally driver, even then if you were holding back at any point you will fall behind.

And that's really the point, the game is trying to tell you that you don't need to win to succeed, and that you can't always win, that 2nd or 3rd is a strong result. This isn't anything the previous Dirt games did, and it's true that Dirt Rally is not a lot like the previous games in this respect, but it's still Dirt 4.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying. I just hope it comes to Consoles like you said I mean I think it would expand the game to bigger and better things to see how far they can go with the game in the future.

Dirt Rally is Dirt 4.

Consider that Codemasters went through internal nightmares and massive loss of profits, forced to put out poor quality stuff with rehashed content a lot of the developers spoke out about it, the top guys running the company are no longer the same... A lot of **** went down.

Then the guys responsable for Dirt (who are genuine rally fanatics) thought this was an opportunity to make a real Rallying game that people would play for years and respect, one that would have a lasting legacy like Richard Burns Rally did with the fans, rather than being a throwaway title that people would play and then trade in (which is how they themselves described some of the previous games).

If you read any of the roadmaps regarding Dirt Rally, and also followed the company issues that came before it you will realise that Dirt Rally is Dirt 4, it's the Dirt game they always wanted to make... It's also fantastic, if a little barebones at the moment, it's still mid development.

No, it's not. This isn't the 4th game under the Dirt banner and codemasters have said that this game is not Dirt 4. They will only use that name if they make another game that has all of the features and content of Dirt 1-3. This is a Dirt game that takes a completely different approach from the arcade style of games and doesn't have any gymkhana or trophy trucks etc.

If they ever make Dirt 4 it will be similar to the first 3 games because that's what fans of those games will want, heaps of people were complaining about Dirt Rally being too hard compared to Dirt 3 and they were told that it's because this is not Dirt 4 so don't expect it to be the same.

No, it's not. This isn't the 4th game under the Dirt banner and codemasters have said that this game is not Dirt 4. They will only use that name if they make another game that has all of the features and content of Dirt 1-3. This is a Dirt game that takes a completely different approach from the arcade style of games and doesn't have any gymkhana or trophy trucks etc.

If they ever make Dirt 4 it will be similar to the first 3 games because that's what fans of those games will want, heaps of people were complaining about Dirt Rally being too hard compared to Dirt 3 and they were told that it's because this is not Dirt 4 so don't expect it to be the same.

What does Gymkhana have to do with anything? It was only in Dirt 3. Dirt 1 was primarily a Rally game, Dirt 2 was more mixed but still focussed mainly on Rally, Dirt 3 again mixed and with the addition of Gymkhana but still focussed mainly on Rally and Dirt Rally again has mixed (Rally Cross, Rally and Hillclimb at this moment) and is mostly focussed on Rally.

Don't make out like Gymkhana is some big Dirt franchise feature, it was added for Dirt 3. And how is Dirt Rally not the 4th game under the Dirt banner? Showdown was an offshoot of Dirt 3, Dirt Rally is the 4th generation of game made with the Dirt name.

So whether it's called Dirt 4 or Dirt Rally doesn't matter, in terms of release date you can consider your version of Dirt 4 to effectively be Dirt 5, and you can probably expect to wait a few years for that to come out, if at all..

@Bigbazz Dirt showdown was far closer related to the previous games than Dirt Rally is, but neither of them are a real successor. The biggest difference with Dirt Rally is the physics, it's not even close to the old games and that alone puts it in a completely different category. But Dirt Showdown was the 4th game under the Dirt banner so Dirt Rally is the 5th, and like I said neither of them are Dirt 4 they are just spin-offs in the franchise.

If they called this game Dirt 4 all the people who loved Dirt 3 would buy it and then go crazy when they realise it's way too hard for them and not even close to the previous game.

Latest Posts

Back