Ske's vids (July 27 update: First Forza vid)

• Thread starter Ske
  • 109 comments
Ahh, as soon as I heard the song, I was like, N0O0O0O!!! A great vid...I drifted that before...Was nice, but I sold it...Cause I don't like a garage with more than 5 pages...Great Video though!! Nice and smooth IMO...Keep it up đź‘Ť

Boundary Layer
downloaded your Grand Day Out 3x Ske - I keep getting a corrupted file.

That's what I got at work. but it's just fine at home.

Anyway, cool vid bud

Excellent control of the wagon with the big butt! You had some sick angle in a few of them too. Well done!

Ske
New clip added - "A grand day out" - a showcase of the nimblest car in the game.

He, he... nothings beats a big old RWD station wagon with buttery soft suspension and a long, heavy rear. That's some smooth stuff, Ske. :D
Keep 'em coming. đź‘Ť đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

No comment on the sound... :crazy: :ill: :yuck:

*looks at ske in awe*

this is so freaking awesome man. I can't help but smile and shake my head in disbelief watching the volvo drifting.

nice man. this is NICE.

Max power, it's like 285 PS... but because it's so heavy it feels like a lot less, I agree. It's doable if the weight shifting goes according to plan though (feels something like moving a landfill, I'd suppose ;) )

And many thanks, Venice! This is definitely a fun car to chuck around, and an interesting way to get to the bottom of GT4 physics lol (literally.. I managed to bottom out on GVS with a ride height of almost 200 mm) :)

Hmm I've never had problems with the k-lite codecs... anyway, all my vids are in WMV format now, so extra codecs shouldn't be needed.

Ske
Â…if the weight shifting goes according to plan though (feels something like moving a landfill, I'd suppose ;) )
LMAO (Laughing me @ss off)

Ske
I managed to bottom out on GVS with a ride height of almost 200 mm) :)
Bottom out?!? Does that mean touch the ground? You should've put that in the vid...

Mr. Apex
Bottom out?!? Does that mean touch the ground? You should've put that in the vid...

Yep I hit the ground.. but I wasn't drifting or anything. It just felt weird to bottom out on smooth tarmac with more ground clearance than a rally car :dopey:

Ske
Yep I hit the ground.. but I wasn't drifting or anything. It just felt weird to bottom out on smooth tarmac with more ground clearance than a rally car :dopey:
Yeah... that might not be perfectly realistic, but whatever. I remember that I touched the ground with the front bumper in GT4 (Don't remember which car, though... :crazy: )

BTW, I just downloaded your "Helpless" vid, and I must say It left me speechless. Doesn't look like a first vid. I see smooth lines and links, long and steady drifts, creative angles and a pristine picture quality (bright, crisp, no compression artifacts visible). Plus, and that's a novum in this forum: Finally someone who shows some typographical taste... nice font. đź‘Ť

The future looks bright. :D Please keep the good stuff coming.

I tried the Volvo today and it drifts quite well with race settings :crazy: but I still would like to know what kind of settings you had on the video, it seemed so smooth. My problem is understeering as always.

Um the settings were kind of simple.. bottom springs at the lowest, front springs around 6. Dampers slightly softer in the rear (nothing fancy).. and stabilizers at 1. I think I used an 8/40/8 LSD.

I set it up soft to "keep it real" and it handled pretty good.. once all that weight settles, it's pretty smooth if you can manage to keep the wheels spinning. Be sure to focus on getting the weight transfer right to maneuver it around (braking, feinting, lifting).. The soft springs help making it more sticky.

Awesome!! Nice cars dude, keep it up đź‘Ť

*edit* Is your Supra stock? The black one, that's nice how you pulled off that corner dude.

Thanks again! :dopey:

That Supra isn't stock, but it's set up is pretty soft. I saved those replays while setting it up, so the settings are quite different from run to run. It turned out pretty good in the end, though.

[Note: Replaced the 75MB WMV with a 50MB AVI (XviD)]

Ske! o.m.g.... I'm a fan of yours as well from this time onwards!! lol!

ok, first it's cudaman back in the GT3 days, then it's Team FBI, then Delphic Reason, and now you, amazing video you have there, 'altered state'.

Your video quality is top notch, then again its your drifting that shines, you have the best drift angle I've ever seen amongst the rest of the GT4 drift video here, and they're not even AWDs... impressive!

oh and you got some pretty crazy links here and there at the later half of the video, especially the last one at Midfield Raceway, that's sick! :)

ske, that was some quality stuff from you.

may i ask what track is the one you drifted the black supra one? It's the first black supra drift after the yellow porsche in deep forest. I haven't really advanced through the game so not many tracks are available.

Also, did you capture your video uncompressed and THEN compressed the final with divx?

thanks for the input. i'm working hard on my video right now đź‘Ť

Droptop_Chick
http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

Download the "Full" version. It includes Media Player Classic, which will play any file format. You'll also never run into a problem with not having a codec. Beats having WMP, Quicktime, and RealPlayer all installed.

Good stuff Ske đź‘Ť Some of the camera angles kinda took away from the drifts though, but most of them looked pretty nice.

http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

No need to register here ;)

Anyway, just downloaded "Altered State". Great video đź‘Ť

@Stanley Carter:
Glad you enjoyed it, but I don't feel worthy to be in that kind of company just yet lol :D
I do feel I need to work on my angles still, especially when linking.. so far it's bordering on race drift, I maintain high drift/exit speeds so I'm able to link pretty far, but I wish I could step it out a couple more notches and still keep the angles I'm starting to achieve on single direction drifts ;)

@ForcedInduction
That track is Autumn Ring Reverse, one of the greatest drift tracks in the game.. You need to unlock that one NOW ;)
For this one, I rendered lossless from Vegas, then encoded with AutoGK and VirtualDubMod.. I'm starting to think that I was a little too optimistic about the quality of XviD vs WMV though.. for CG in all it's jagged glory, I think 1500 or 2000 kbps WMV may be the way to go for HQ renders. WMV seems to smooth/blur everything while XviD seems to apply an unsharp mask to make it sharper, while dark spots appear pretty pixellated or boxy... I'm still experimenting though ;)

@ekmatt9
Sure, I can see if I can dig up the final settings for the Supra and the FD and post them on here :)

Black 1997 Toyota Supra RZ

367HP / 586.63NM
-- Engine mods/Exhaust upgrade
N2 or N1 tires
All drivetrain mods
-- LSD Initial: 16
-- LSD Accel: 38
-- LSD Decel: 8
Racing suspension
-- Springs: 7.5/4.5
-- Ride: 115/125
-- Bound: 7/4
-- Rebound: 8/5
-- Camber: 2.2/1.1
-- Toe: 0/0
-- Stabilizers: 4/4
Stage 3 Weight reduction
Brake Balance controller
-- Balance: 3/18
Wing
-- Downforce: 5/0
Ballast
-- Distribution: +50 (Rear)
-- Weight: 30 kg

---------------------------------------------

Yellow 1997 Mazda RX-7 Type RS-R

364HP / 397.19NM
-- Engine mods/Exhaust upgrade/Stage 1 turbo (?)
N2 or N1 tires
All drivetrain mods
-- 1.5 way LSD
Original suspension
-- Springs: 7.4/8.0
-- Ride: 104/110
-- Damper: 7/7
-- Camber: 3.5/2.0
-- Toe: 0/0
-- Stabilizers: 2/3
Stage 3 Weight reduction
Stiffness
Brake Balance controller
-- Balance: 3/10
Wing
-- Downforce: 0/0 to 5/5 depending on course/speed/desire

---------------------------------------------

Gear ratio autoset 9-10 should be a good starting point. Both these cars have loads of low end torque, so gearing shouldn't be that critical. For engine tuning, I didn't write down the actual parts, but I always buy in this order (stop when you reach the figures you want):
1) Engine mods (balancing, polish, chip)
2) Racing Exhaust
3) Sports or Racing Intercooler
4) Turbo upgrade/Supercharger/NA tune-up

The Supra isn't 100% perfect, the dampers and stabilizers could need some fine tuning.. and I might use toe instead of ballast in the future (rear ballast almost feels like cheating some times :indiff:)... but it's perfectly driftable like this. The RX-7 is incredible, I'm not gonna touch that setup ;)

N2 tires are default for both cars, but N1 is an option for effortless long/4-wheel drifts. N2's and slightly more downforce make these cars very capable race drift machines.. especially the RX-7, it seems pretty faultless :dopey:

Hey Ske, ive just joined quite recently and downloaded your latest drifting video. i was wondering how you induced your drifting on the RX7? i gave it a try with the settings you posted but i cant seem to keep it steady or in line with the corners etc. i use a the RX7 Spirit and have settings used entirely for faint drifting.

The RX-7 spirit is very different from the '90s FDs.. a lot more understeer/more rear grip, so those settings won't be very good for that one... My advice is to get one of the used FDs (R/RZ/RS-R, 1991-1997, I think) instead, they should work with my settings... I haven't been able to make the Spirit drift nearly as easily as this.

Ske,

The video doesn't seem to be showing anything at all....i can certainly hear the music, but no visual candy!

I've tried it on Window Media, and also on Winamp.

Starting to wonder if it to do with codecs, but it shouldn't?

avi. ususally works for me....?

Submerged.

Edit: Woah! That's some extreme drifitng going on there! Especially like the way you did the video as well, looks pretty cool too...:)

Back