Ske's vids (July 27 update: First Forza vid)

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting Videos' started by Ske, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Ske

Ske Premium

Yet another update, theme park 4 is here!

2. Tangled Web

Tangled Web

Wow, more updates. You've been busy Ske. Can't wait to watch them. :tup:

3. Amaxx

Amaxx

Awesome job with the bug, I love these themes:tup: The parts where you would drift one direction through a section, and then pop back out the opposite way, very nifty looking.:dopey:

4. TRi

TRi

magic bullet is teh s3x! looks good bro. very nice drifts for such low power.

5. Tangled Web

Tangled Web

Those updates are amazing Ske. I really enjoyed the Beetle vid, the music went great with the car. It's funny, I just started drifting that thing. It's not bad. I couldn't believe what you were able to do with it though. Excellent work, look forward to seeing what your next theme is. :)

Here's a beetle drift shot for your viewing pleasure. :D

[​IMG]

:tup:

6. wipplewits

wipplewits

Uffda! :sly: You sure can link. Did you do any of that with the DFP, or are you dropping back to old, reliable DF for most of the new vids?

I like the choice of Steve Miller for the "bugs" video, by the way.

7. Ske

Ske Premium

I'll say I'm about 65% DF and 35% DFP right now... most of the Cappucino stuff was done with the DFP, although I switched to the DF for some of the links. I can do most sections fine with the DFP, but I can't be as aggressive with it.. I think it's mostly down to the throttle, it seems to respond quite differently between the wheels (The DFP seems restricted/choked in a way)

The good thing about the DFP is that it's a lot easier to drift low power cars and stretched, "narrow" links with it, as there's more fine control... but for high power and super aggressive links it seems a bit numb, I still like the feedback and feel of the DF more. Ironically, the DFP feels a lot more "digital" than the DF...

BTW, does "Uffda" mean you're norwegian? ;)

8. DG5 DRIFTER

DG5 DRIFTER

nice ske

9. Biggamehit

Biggamehit

good stuff. i love personal file servers. they allow you to keep original crispy look. I may just have to buy another one just for GT

10. kekke2000

kekke2000 Premium

- Theme park 4: Bugs in the Attic -

This is awesome, great song, great editing and the most important, great drifting! :tup: :tup: :tup:

You Rock!

11. DORIFTO_N()B

DORIFTO_N()B

Those are some good videos there,keep em coming.

12. Delphic Reason

Delphic Reason Staff Emeritus

Lookin' good Ske.

I haven't given up on GT4 drifting yet. I just need a new PS2 (actually an old BIG PS2), and a DFP (Yes, I'm a wheel user now), so I can get back into the action, so to speak. Anyway, keep up the good work, and we'll be in touch...

;)

13. Ske

Ske Premium

Good to see you around again!

Unfortunately, things have been slowing down a bit lately... I hope the interest will start to pick up again (didn't it happen around this time last year as well?), as I have no intention of putting my controller to rest just yet...

Anyway, I uploaded a new Theme Park vid featuring a TVR Tuscan... hope at least some people will enjoy it! ;)

14. Tangled Web

Tangled Web

Awesome vid once again Ske, I am amazed at how well you drift and control the car. The music fitted well with the vid, great editing. Look forward to your next one. :tup:

I too have noticed that the drifting section has died down a lot recently, hope interest will come back. It is what got me to join GTPlanet in the first place. :)

15. Geoff

Geoff

keep up the good job : those theme park vids are really cool :tup: :) !!

16. Ske

Ske Premium

Update: added a short demo clip from my first days in Forza 2

17. Stunt Drifter

Stunt Drifter

Awesome videos Ske. How do you compare Forza's Physics to Gran turismo's? Better/Worse? (seeing your video archive you're well experienced in GT)

18. Ske

Ske Premium

GT4 seems to be better when it comes to load/weight transfer, but Forza does a better job with traction. I also like the feedback and steering feel better in GT4. What surprised me is how much more responsive a car is to tuning in Forza... it came to the point where I just couldn't be bother tuning in GT4 because it just made no difference whatsoever, but that is a whole different ballgame with FM2 (which I like). Although I like the steering feel in GT4, Forza's seem to give you a bit more information... and if MS could make a half decent wheel it'd probably outshine GT4 too.

It's a known that some parts of GT4's physics are pretty flawed (much of the stuff drifters care about). I'm no race driver in real life, so I can't say for sure how "real" Forza is, but at least it seems a bit better than GT in the low speed part... for instance it's possible to link the D1 section to dunlop at Tsukuba in a powerful car, that's not possible in GT4. From what I hear, GT is actually better when it comes to high speed handling.. Forza does seem to suffer from excessive oversteer, but that might be exaggerated because I'm so used to GT4.

From a drifting standpoint, Forza seems ahead. It's easier to drift in FM2 but it's harder to be smooth and get clean links without messing up.

19. Tangled Web

Tangled Web

Great to see something new form you Ske, I have missed watching your GT4 videos.
    It looks like you have a natural talent when it comes to drifting, especially considering you have only had the game for a week. That is impressive. I look forward to seeing future videos. :tup:

You are right about GT4 vs. Forza imo, the weight load/transfer seems a lot better in GT but the tyre physics in Forza are a alot better.
    I also agree with you about the drifting in Forza, I have the first one and though it is easier to get sideways it seems harder to pull off smooth drifts.

I hope they bring out a better wheel, because I would love to play that game with a decent wheel like the Logitech ones.

20. Manji-Buu

Manji-Buu (Banned)

love the drifting and the vids man definatly makes me want to tryout a DFP.
    BTW, who sings that song on the TVR vid?