Ske's vids (July 27 update: First Forza vid)

• Thread starter Ske
  • 109 comments
really? alot more understeer, i dont seem to find it understeering. i have it on 436HP with TCS at 1, min. ride height and soft tires in front with hard on the rear and use faint to induce a stable drift.

Espada
really? alot more understeer, i dont seem to find it understeering. i have it on 436HP with TCS at 1, min. ride height and soft tires in front with hard on the rear and use faint to induce a stable drift.

um, ya, there's your reason then....
Ske says he is using the same tire compound front and rear. If you were to do that on your spirit r (or on the bathurst version), you would experience considerably more understeer.

Yep I use N1s all around, always ;)

(I caught myself switching to N2s once i a while lately... maybe i'm going soft? O.o )

Ske
Yep I use N1s all around, always ;)

(I caught myself switching to N2s once i a while lately... maybe i'm going soft? O.o )

I find N1's to be way too slippery, unless the vehicle is very low power... I usually use N2's, but I have been upping the power and running N3's front and back lately... Although I do enjoy my white Miata RS (with red interior :cool: ) on N1's... I just can't get that car to drift right on any other tire...

;)

kubla khan
it would be interesting to see drifing in some fr/awd sedans, merely for the unusual factor...

Well, you could check out DTCC.. loads of sedan race cars in that one :dopey:

Probably gonna be a while til I get a new video up now, as I just got myself a DFP.. It's not looking good at the moment, it feels very weird still... but hopefully I'll get used to it fast enough :)

Ske
New video: "Altered State"
[640x480 XviD, 50MB, 6:01]

Thank you for UL , I can get good use of my B.B. conection 2min DL ,Great stuff nice angle on the first Supra drift,good use of the track,👍 👍 keep up the good work.:)All your vids are good,(adds to collection) your using the DF(non pro) must be a little easyer on you? 900' can be troublesome,but I still love it.:dunce:

ekmatt9
So when's the new video coming?

Umm won't be long hopefully.. planning to do DTCC vol 2 as well as some other stuff in the near future, possibly bundled into one.

I'm trying to come up with enough 'original' stuff at the moment, so ideas for sections/tracks are welcome. At least I'll try to not repeat myself too badly... :dopey:

I'm back in the saddle now, which means a new vid should be heading your way soon :)

Also, I finally added my GTPDC entries to the list... :dunce:

Looking forward to the new vids. Your drifting style stands out. I want to see how you do using the DFP. :sly:

Glad to see your interest is alive. I wish Droptop_chick would come back. Her style also stood out. :indiff: She had a gift for editing and music selection--unless your tastes are more geared toward hard rock. :D

Awesome video of that Espresso, excellent job getting that thing to scoot sideways:tup: I'm gonna have to give that little guy a try:idea:

Very Amazing Ske!
Do you mind checking out my new video, i want a top notch drifter to comment my drifting.

Added a short clip (outtake from "espresso").. the first one in an uncut miniseries called "how to draw a line". Enjoy!

Click click

:dopey:

Awesome linkage right there, well done. Now I MUST give that thing a try, looks soo temping:) As a side note, any specific settings your using to get it scootin' like that?

I can't post specific settings cause I changed them constantly while recording.. it seems that all the settings worked fine, the only thing I tried to iron out was the "ride comfort", making it stick a little better to the ground on bumpy tracks. You can see just at the entrance to turn 7 in the 2nd take in the link vid that the front lifted up. I still couldn't completely get rid of that tendency but I didn't spend too much time with the car.

The racing suspension just seemed to work... It was very bouncy and nervous around bumps at first but it handled anyway, just don't go too stiff I guess.. low spring rates and high damper rates should do the trick. Gear ratios are important to get right. I also used a 2-way diff and everything I could bolt on... EVERYTHING! ;)

Good to know. I've also preferd the 2-way diff over the full lsd in most cars, seems less stuff to mess with right off the bat. Thanks.

Wow, you have some serious linking skills Ske. That Espresso vid was sweet, very cool, long links in that small car. I love the draw a line vid too. I have drifted that track so many times (it's my fav) I have never linked corners like that.

Do you have any tips or secrest on how you link so well? I would love to be able to do links like that. :)

Great job. 👍

Do you have any tips or secrest on how you link so well? I would love to be able to do links like that. :)

Hmm.. it's all about finding the line that'll set you up the best for the next corner, so always think one or more corners ahead. The obvious first thing to master is to exit corners exactly the way you want.

Also, you need to be able to catch and hold very low angles and accelerate while drifting. Be gentle with the throttle and feather the brakes to constantly adjust line, speed and angle. If you can give just enough gas to spin the wheels, you'll gain a lot more speed which is needed for long shallow links. This isn't really an issue with the Cap, but more powerful cars can stall or lose momentum from just burning too much rubber. Weight shifting by liftoff and power on is also a good way to keep in control when changing direction.

Thanks for the comments! :)

Ske
Hmm.. it's all about finding the line that'll set you up the best for the next corner, so always think one or more corners ahead. The obvious first thing to master is to exit corners exactly the way you want.

Also, you need to be able to catch and hold very low angles and accelerate while drifting. Be gentle with the throttle and feather the brakes to constantly adjust line, speed and angle. If you can give just enough gas to spin the wheels, you'll gain a lot more speed which is needed for long shallow links. This isn't really an issue with the Cap, but more powerful cars can stall or lose momentum from just burning too much rubber. Weight shifting by liftoff and power on is also a good way to keep in control when changing direction.

Thanks for the advice, it is really appreciated. I do still believe I have a lot to learn. I really do not practice links enough. I will take your advice into account when I practice some links. Are there any good links that you can recommend that are good for practicing on? :)

By the way, your GTPDC entry in the TVR 350C is amazing. Such control and smoothness on every corner, I can see why it won. 👍

Are there any good links that you can recommend that are good for practicing on?

- Suzuka esses (very basic and plenty of time)
- Apricot Hill, turn 1+2 through the esses (the stretch from 2 to 3 is a bit tricky)
- SSR5, turn 1 to the sharp left (again there's a stretch from the tunnel to the right that you need to have relatively good control to pull off)
- Autumn ring mini reverse 1-4 (plus the long shallow left for progression)

Back