Skython's Gallery: Farewell Mr Problematic (3/12/13)

• Thread starter Skython
  • 420 comments
Great set. A Red SLS....a winning combination. 👍

A winning combination? WOuld that mean that it is the reason I can't stop taking photo's of it? :P Thanks for visiting, Lee. :cheers: :D

Thanks for visiting, Y00PAY. :cheers:

Anyway, time for a new update. I said I would do it, so here it is. :D The Corvette shots are from back when the C7 masked version was only just put into GT5, hence why it's the masked version, and not the proper one. The rest are all recent, and were taken earlier this week. :D

Oh, and one more from the Nurburgring shoot.

Thank you for viewing!

I cannot explain how the first Vette shot looks awesome, Alex! :drool:👍

This has to be my most favourite set from you Alex. I can't fault a single shot. :)

Great shots again - I love the SL 55 shots - it's quite an under rated car I think but it's actually one of my favourites, especially with praiano's tune applied. 👍 :)

The first Masked C7 shot is really really nice and my fav of the bunch. Lovely cold vibe and solid composition. 👍

Nice set, 3rd and 6th pics are my faves.

Thanks, mate. Mercedes will should be celebrating about the fact that the two best in the set have their cars in them. :P

I cannot explain how the first Vette shot looks awesome, Alex! :drool:👍

Yeah, it came out alright I must say. Thanks, Justin.

SVX
This has to be my most favourite set from you Alex. I can't fault a single shot. :)

Thank you very much, Josh! :cheers: You should get back into your gallery sometime. :D

Great shots again - I love the SL 55 shots - it's quite an under rated car I think but it's actually one of my favourites, especially with praiano's tune applied. 👍 :)

Thanks, mate. I must say that without the tune applied, it's quite a dog. :P Great fun!

GPR
The first Masked C7 shot is really really nice and my fav of the bunch. Lovely cold vibe and solid composition. 👍

Thanks, mate. Too bad that I didn't take that with the proper C7, because then it would have been better. But then again, the proper C7 wasn't available when I took it.

I really like the last shot :)

That's one of my favourites too. If only the car was putting down some skid marks, as it was sliding through there (hence the car angle). Thanks, mate.

Anyway, after literally half a year of procrastination I've gotten around to posting the next part which I was meant to do in late April or early May. This new update I have made, is going to be named... Um... Aha! Believe me, the text between photo's will reveal the relevance of the title!

The Mad Recycling Bloke! Bet you didn't expect that one..

And then the lighting bloke got confused...

Unfortunately, the lighting bloke is also the recycling bloke, but it turns out that he doesn't take away my recycling waste, he recycles my own imagery and makes them look mental. In other words, this bloke is actually me and I went a bit mad.

This recycling and mental picture making impostor eventually left, and left me to be me... So have an SLS. No, not a real SLS, just a picture one. Sorry, but Mercedes wouldn't let me have one for free, so I'm not giving anyone any SLS AMG's... I can't even get one myself. :grumpy:

Thank you for viewing! :cheers:

Sexy stuff, Skython! 👍 :)

My favorites are the ones with the lighting bloke going mad. (aka the split pictures) :sly:

Your creative madness is the most positive madness I've ever seen, and I very much like that. Good job! :)

Nice to see you pop in Skython. Quite a interesting set of images. Liking the first one, nice warmish tone, good angle and the sky looks great. 👍

Also like the Weider HSV shot, good vibrancy and realistic toning. 👍

And tell your lighting guy to get his act together, gees. ;) Actually they are interesting, I don't mind the whole posterized/illustrative look those shots have, in particular the second SRT shot looks quite comic in style. 👍

Sexy stuff, Skython! 👍 :)

My favorites are the ones with the lighting bloke going mad. (aka the split pictures) :sly:

Your creative madness is the most positive madness I've ever seen, and I very much like that. Good job! :)

This lighting bloke does seem to know nothing about lighting, does he? He always seemed to be more artistic than technical. Yeah, the split stuff was really just something I thought would be cool. Change is always nice, as my editing style can get a little repetitive at times (using the same method on most images and maybe doing one different image per few sets), so I changed it up a bit. Thanks for commenting, mate! :cheers:

Nice red SLS pictures Skython, loving these artistic multi editing splitted parts 👍

The split images were quite interesting to make, good to see that it's had a good result. Thanks for commenting, mate! :cheers:

GPR
Nice to see you pop in Skython. Quite a interesting set of images. Liking the first one, nice warmish tone, good angle and the sky looks great. 👍

Also like the Weider HSV shot, good vibrancy and realistic toning. 👍

And tell your lighting guy to get his act together, gees. ;) Actually they are interesting, I don't mind the whole posterized/illustrative look those shots have, in particular the second SRT shot looks quite comic in style. 👍

Yeah, I sort of wanted to avoid making the night look cold so I went the other way. :D I wanted to capture not just the car, but everything around the car, and from your words I believe I have succeeded. :D

The HSV shot was one of those, "this is good" shots, where the unedited one looked good already. The split image sections are sort of risky. I was debating whether to upload them or not, they take away potential to make these realistic, but on the other hand, the gallery needed some change ups.

Thank you very much for your comments, mate! :cheers:

Also, I missed a shot.

Good one - loving the composition of the picture and sense of motion giving the car a punchy vibration. Though I personally think it can be a bit more brighter with more exposure of lights(especially in the upper half of the photo being too somber with shadows) :)

Last edited:
I really love the new comeback concept with the different themed patches on Challenger and Honda shots. I don't believe I've seen a photo with a similar concept before. Nice to see you've returned around the photomode forums for GT5. 👍

Nice red SLS pictures Skython, loving these artistic multi editing splitted parts 👍

+1 !

First time (if I'm not wrong) in this gallery. I missed a lot of good things 👍
I will take my time and watch your work in Flickr :)

Good one - loving the composition of the picture and sense of motion giving the car a punchy vibration. Though I personally think it can be a bit more brighter with more exposure of lights(especially in the upper half of the photo being too somber with shadows) :)

You're probably right about the light. The attempt at vignetting sort of takes away that light in the centre somethings, and that's irritating. Thanks for visiting. :cheers:

I really love the new comeback concept with the different themed patches on Challenger and Honda shots. I don't believe I've seen a photo with a similar concept before. Nice to see you've returned around the photomode forums for GT5. 👍

If I remember correctly, I actually saw someone do a shot with borders as a different sort of filter, so technically the idea is an extension of something else. :P But yeah, I've returned for GT5 just in time for the end. Thanks, Eric. :cheers:

+1 !

First time (if I'm not wrong) in this gallery. I missed a lot of good things 👍
I will take my time and watch your work in Flickr :)

Woo! Red SLS for the win. :P I'm pretty sure this is your first time here, and it's great to see someone new pop in here. :D Thanks for taking time to come in here and say something. :cheers:

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_​

With Gran Turismo 6 just around the corner, and my infrequencies (that might be a new word) to posting updates, now is the time to farewell GT5. So this update, and the preview is going to be a sort of bloopers update. When I say sort of, it really isn't. It consists of shots that I have taken over the last year or two playing GT5. The shots that I deemed not to be good enough for an update, or couldn't be bothered editing. For now it's just a preview. The full set will be here the day before GT6 comes out.

Completely relevant.

Preview: The Final Countdown

Thank you for viewing this preview. See you later on!

:cheers:

This should be interesting. ;) Actually I think the first preview shot is pretty good I like the compostion and the red dust trails. 👍

These last two shots are very original. I agree with George about the Golf & Mini shot, good toning and light for a nice atmosphere 👍 And the Gallardo pic offers a very original "GoPro" angle with a good sense of speed :)

Can't wait, Alex! 👍 It's good to see you back! :)

I'm going to be back for good soon... Maybe. I can actually photoshoot anytime soon (except for when I'm at work, obviously. Or sleeping. But maybe I could learn to take photo's in my sleep? Hmmm, ideas ideas). Thanks for dropping in, Justin. :cheers:

GPR
This should be interesting. ;) Actually I think the first preview shot is pretty good I like the compostion and the red dust trails. 👍

Yeah, it's the most unedited shot I've had ever since I can remember editing my shots. Just changed the brightness/contrast. Once again, thank you very much for visiting, GPR. :cheers:

These last two shots are very original. I agree with George about the Golf & Mini shot, good toning and light for a nice atmosphere 👍 And the Gallardo pic offers a very original "GoPro" angle with a good sense of speed :)

Thanks for visiting as always, Kodje. :cheers: The Gallardo shot has been sitting around about a year now. :lol: Only half an hour before that preview did I edit it for uploading. I liked the grainy look of the road.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_​

Anyway, I originally said I would upload the full GT5 Farewell Update a day before GT6's release. But 3 or 4 days before is close enough for me. So here we go.

Farewell Mr Problematic
We all know that GT5 had a difficult upbringing. Even when the game finally did get into Gamer hands at the end of 2010, there were many problems which turned a lot of players away from the game. Standard cars, disappearing ground, escaping the track, the list went on. GT5 has been problematic for fans and Polyphony Digital, but the true fans are the ones who have stayed till the end, and watched as Kaz and his team of Top race sim creating boffins worked out the kinks and even got new content to us. It's been an amazing ride, and here we are saying goodbye... Even though half of the time I wasn't really there. I was too distracted with PC racing sims, or music. Which one still takes priority.

So here we start the farewell, with a recreation, of the first shot I actually uploaded in this gallery, which appears to no longer exist, and I can't find the original. Can you guess what the car will be? It's quite obvious, I've been obsessed with it ever since GT5 came out at the end of 2010...

Oh of course...

Note: Click for bigger image, and don't forget to mash the widdles out of that fav button...

Link to my Flickr photostream. Just for ease of access incase you'd rather browse there.

The SLS has been a faithful companion, even though I mainly use it as recreation rather than for racing purposes. Even though both driving and racing are technically recreational. The first track I drove it on was Eiger Nordwand, which also served as the location of my first GT5 shot... Which was sort of terrible.

And next, my beloved Group C car from my Gran Turismo 4 days. Was going to do this set at Circuit De La Sarthe... but that is far too mainstream, so I went hipster and took it the the next best place.

Note: Unedited next shot!

It's Summer! It's Autumn! It's whatever the third box is! It's EVERYTHING!!!

Next, the old Lotus Exige (Motor Sport Elise in game). The car I sought after for so long in the UCD, but never actually found one... Ever. It never came up, and I had been wanting one for literally years. I finally snapped in November/December 2012 and decided to simply call upon SVX for one... And I finally got it.

Too bad it's only ever had 1 shot in this gallery... And this is it right here.

And now it's gone... Hopefully GT6 will treat this brilliant car better. Guess we'll see when I get my copy.

Now, it's time for a bunch of unedited shots. More like shots that I was going to edit, but couldn't be bothered editing... Except for the first one, that's unedited because it looks decent.

Back to edited shots, because I'm getting bored dog droppings which haven't been polished. :P

Only joking, my shots aren't dog droppings... Dog droppings are far too artistic. My dog did one shaped like a castle last week.

And now, for the final full set of new original shots. We start with... The Fiat 500! Slow it may be, but it is still brilliant... There's nothing more fun than going online with friends for some Fiat 500 derby (a few trucks for good measure).

♫See the Beauty... Of the night sky
See the beauty... Of the stars before my eyes♫

Wait, what!? Shut up, I wasn't singing... Wait, I'm actually a singer. I'm allowed to sing. Sorry, false alarm! You can unshut up now!

What? I'm meant to be running a GT5 Gallery? Oh yeah, I forgot. Here, take some... Other shots.

The fountain of Tamora!! Dun! Dun! DUUUUN!!!

You can only get there in a TVR, so chances are you'll go spinning around in circles past it while on fire... So don't try going there. Because even if you do, you can't get in or out because every TVR has special door handles.

11185176334_2db9e75a10_z.jpg

I've actually always loved the Tamora. Everyone sees it as the dud car of TVR's now dead lineup. But for me it looks great, and goes great without murdering coming to murder you when you least expect it (usually before you've started moving).

And now, we have to bring this farewell set to a close... One last shot to send off this GT5 Gallery... No seriously, this is a big moment (for me).

We go...

Onwards.

A Viper ACR. I bet you didn't expect that, right? You thought it would be an SLS. Well, there were issues with that.

Recently Mercedes decided to drop the SLS, and I wanted to finish my gallery on a car that is still in production, but that I also liked. So I chose the next best thing, the Viper. You may say, "but that Viper isn't in production now either," and you would be right. But there is the new SRT Viper, so the Viper is still with us.

I guess you can guess what I'm starting my GT6 gallery with then?

And I'm surprised I never visited your gallery before :D

I'm glad I did, lovely stuff here. A totally unique, crazy, yet effective style of editing. So many shots stand out. I also love how interactive your gallery is, made me laugh here and there :lol:

And Onwards, whatta way to end. Made my heart skip a beat man :)👍

I'll be seeing you at the GT6 forums :cheers:

I agree with Justin & Nicolas, that's a very good way to finish your gallery and say bye to the game 👍
Some very original angles and composition for this last set, I especially like the last two SLS ones, the Sauber ones, the Tamora #2 &#3 (very realistic rendering for these two ones) and the last.
Great job mate ! :cheers:

Sweet finale, Alex! Loving the Lambo shot! :drool:👍

Hope to see some excellent shots when 6 drops down under! ;)

Yeah, I guess I can say those Gallardo shots (from the preview as well) are a farewell to the Gallardo, because Lamborghini dropped that recently as well. :( Thanks for being a great support for pretty much all of my gallery, Justin. :cheers:

Very nice way to end. ;)👍

Well I would hope so, it's quite a big set after all. Thank you very much, NBDESIGNZ for your support over the year or three (almost three).

I like the last shot for two reasons:

*Composition
*Soft & Calm lighting

Yeah, my newer shots have been far better on a composition front I'm quite sure. Thanks for your comments, TVR. :cheers:

And I'm surprised I never visited your gallery before :D

I'm glad I did, lovely stuff here. A totally unique, crazy, yet effective style of editing. So many shots stand out. I also love how interactive your gallery is, made me laugh here and there :lol:

And Onwards, whatta way to end. Made my heart skip a beat man :)👍

I'll be seeing you at the GT6 forums :cheers:

You probably never came here because I'm inconsistent when it comes to frequency of updates. :lol: Thanks a lot for making an appearence, I always try to have something that other galleries don't offer, and because I'm not quite as top notch as other guys around here, I just have to use stupidity or blackmail to get people coming in. :P Thanks for visiting, will see you in GT6. :cheers:

SVX
:lol:

Great last set man, some really nice shots in there. 👍

See you in GT6. :)

Yeah, this final set was a lot newer than I intended. I was planning on chucking in 90% of old unused shots, and 10% new works. Sort of ended up more like 50/50. Thanks for your friendliness, and your replies in all the galleries I've had over the last (nearly) three years. :cheers:

I agree with Justin & Nicolas, that's a very good way to finish your gallery and say bye to the game 👍
Some very original angles and composition for this last set, I especially like the last two SLS ones, the Sauber ones, the Tamora #2 &#3 (very realistic rendering for these two ones) and the last.
Great job mate ! :cheers:

That's good, because for those two Tamora shots you specified, realism was 2nd in line to the front of my mind. :D Thanks a lot for your recent input, will see you in GT6. :cheers:

Loved reading this and truly some stunning shots.

I'm really surprised how the unedited 599 shot turned out that good, i've seen some very nice unedited shots, but the car lights come out really well on this one.

See you in GT6!

Nice shots mate! 👍
My favourites would have to be the 3rd SLS shot and the last Viper shot.;)
Can't wait to get my hands on the new Viper!:drool:

Loved reading this and truly some stunning shots.

I'm really surprised how the unedited 599 shot turned out that good, i've seen some very nice unedited shots, but the car lights come out really well on this one.

See you in GT6!

It was a surprise for me too. Unless of course I'm wrong and I did edit it somewhere along the line. Which is sort of possible, because that shot is very old. But I'm 99% sure that I never touched it when it came onto my PC. :P Thanks for the visit, Kalax. :cheers: Will be good to see you in GT6 too. :D

Nice shots mate! 👍
My favourites would have to be the 3rd SLS shot and the last Viper shot.;)
Can't wait to get my hands on the new Viper!:drool:

The new Viper was one of the selling points of GT6 for me. :lol: I was planning on going for Forza until PD told us about the new Viper. :lol: And then there was the many new great things coming for GT6, so I guess that counts too. :P Thanks a lot for the visit, R!CE! :cheers:

Back