Sleeper Cars

• Thread starter Feather34
  • 41 comments
The last month or so that I played GT5 online, there were still people who were surprised when Dodge Rams were brought out and were competitive in the high 400s PP area. The VW Bus was another rarely used but very capable one to the surprise of everyone; albeit around 400 flat.

I'd say that otherwise the only sleepers are those ones that everyone seems to deem as "useless" just from a glance. The Schwimmwagen, for example.

I'd say that otherwise the only sleepers are those ones that everyone seems to deem as "useless" just from a glance. The Schwimmwagen, for example.

The definition is "a car that has high performance and an unassuming exterior".

I think by now nearly everyone knows which cars are particularly advantageous, despite outward appearances or assumptions of performance.

symustafa1996
I tried the Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT today. Squeezed close to 540PP out of it and great handling. And the Caldina GT maybe?

I always use this car for online 550pp races. Runs like an ANGEL!

I am a bit odd when it comes to racing. When most people pick a popular car for a race event, I prefer the odd "sleeper" cars. I would like to know your experience with cars that have tons of potential, but little to no popularity.

Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Over 709BHP when tuned at 580PP but people won't expect an old Vauxhall to keep up with supercar a and sportscars

V8 Vantage '99
Not really surprising but rarely used on GT6
Over 1000BHP at 600 PP
quite light aswell at 1400KG

if swaps count before the last update, i had a Ginetta G4 with a Chaprel 2D V8...everything was stock apart frum the engine.

620kg
890bhp
0-60mph 2.1
top speed of 262mph

that thing stuck to the track with racing softs like glue...was brill 2 race. it was a shock for everyone that came up against it. kids laughing at it with there lambos and Ferraris and leman style cars...they never laughed after the race. they were mostly lost for words.

I lose a lot of races trying out new sleepers. It's not too fun winning with a popular car.

The answers so far didn't really answer the question full on. HSC is well known 500-550pp rabbit, while the Evora is slightly less potent than the Elise, but popular nonetheless.

These are some of my non popular cars. I won't list any too popular cars (M3s and NSXs etc.):

The older Esprit models (non premium) seem to serve me well. The Opel Speedster is an OK touge car with the MR2 GT-S. Any Skyline is good for beginners alongside the Legacy. FF racers should try the Prelude (any), Volvo C30, FTO GP, and any Golf models. The 86 gang are excellent for 500pp with the Alfa 8C.

Many cars require proper tunes to compete, which cars ahead may need. I can recommend the Pagani Zonda C12 (NSX comparable at 550) and the Countach Anniversary (400hp at 500pp). Most exotics are bad if majorly detuned for 500pp but should be good for 550pp, if you know how to drive or tune. Vintage muscles like Charger and Cuda, and pickups are more for style points, while the premium ones do need tunes for the sleeper effect to kick in. I have a Art Morrison Corvette for 550pp and it's no stranger at winning.

This is just a bit of what i know.
The 1967 Mercury Cougar is a real sleeper. The SL65 AMG is too. The Delorean is decent. The Lotus Carlton is surprisingly spirited. I've beat Like the Wind race 3 with the 98 Mini Cooper.

Back