Slightly Mad Studios Confirms New Project CARS Title is In Development

I would own FM7 if I already had an XBone, if only for the car list, but Microsoft burned that bridge and I'm not going to invest in a dedicated gaming PC again, and Windows 10 sucks.

That collection of Subarus, though... :( Get working on GT7 already, Polyphony. :P

Forza 6 burned me because I could never get my wheel to feel right with the game. It felt more like I was using a controller. Once PCars came out I never wanted to go back to another Forza title.

I've tested the online racing again to prove my point. First race: no connection errors, only 2 lag spikes during an 8 lap race on Monza, it was a good experience. Second "race": 15 min qualifying, I'm on the track for 4 mins, then I got disconnected from the server, and steam switches to offline mode because of that. No other game does this, I play mostly online games and I have no problem with my connection (I have a 60mb/s internet connection and I use internet cable for it). This is mandatory for a great game, you can even beat GT Sport with a good online experience, because you have the superior car and tracklist in my opinion.

Last edited:
But is it good enough to warrant the purchase of an Xbox One? Or to upgrade my PC to meet the spec requirements?

The minimum specs are a pretty potato machine. It's definitely worth bringing your PC up to moderately decent modern specs, which if you have anything from within the last 8 years or so shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars. Forza games are well optimised and make good use of dynamic settings.

Forza 7 is by far the best caRPG game ever made. You can also play Horizon 3 and 4, which are the best "arcade"* racing games available. Plus all the hard sims, and all the great cheap games (racing and not) that you can get on PC.
*I put "arcade" in quote marks because the physics are probably slightly more realistic than Gran Turismo 6. YMMV on whether that's arcade or not.

Personally, I still haven't bought a console this generation because I've had my PC. I've had a couple of times where I got close, but instead spent the money on PC upgrades and am glad for it. It's an amazing time to be playing racing games on PC. This last couple of weeks I've been getting back into pCARS2 and Forza 7, and enjoying both of them very much for completely different reasons. I got a solid month of play out of Horizon 4, and I still pop in a couple times a week to try the new cars and clear weekly events. Looking forward to the next expansion.

Forza 7 I'm trying to clear all the single player content. I just finished the second tier playing the races on long, and next up is probably going to be the two endurance challenges. 81 laps of Sebring and 29 laps of Le Mans are going to be hard work. But I look forward to the challenge, and the rewards are I believe a Ford GT racecar and the Porsche LMP so I'm keen to get them.

Watch some Let's Plays of Forza 7 if you're not super familiar with it, you won't spoil anything for yourself and you'll get a chance to see just how slick a game it is. Some things have changed recently, specifically regarding how they handle mod cards, driver suits and badges, but only for the better I feel. And they improved the FFB if you have a wheel. It's still not best in class, but I've got it feeling far better than any console racing game has felt.

Also, pCARS2 plays substantially better on PC than console. You get to choose for yourself what tradeoffs you're willing to make for weaker hardware. I think if you're into racing games, it's definitely worth going PC before console at the moment. PC has too much to offer for the same price.

I've tested the online racing again to prove my point. First race: no connection errors, only 2 lag during an 8 lap race on Monza, it was a good experience. Second "race": 15 min qualifying, I'm on the track for 4 mins, then I got disconnected from the server, and steam switches to offline mode because of that. No other game does this, I play mostly online games and I have no problem with my connection (I have a 60mb/s internet connection and I use internet cable for it). This is mandatory for a great game, you can even beat GT Sport with a good online experience, because you have the superior car and tracklist in my opinion.

It was a steam nightmare last night, steam's problem, it wasn't the game that caused it. I also got a disconnection due to steam going down, but an hour later there was a total global Steam blackout, which wiped off ALL available lobbies at that time.

Not saying there are no disconnection problems due to the game alone, on the contrary I agree those are often as well, but last night at least it wasn't the game's fault. Only thing I am wondering though, is why should steam going down should affect p2p race lobbies? Especially those which have already started I mean...

It was a steam nightmare last night, steam's problem, it wasn't the game that caused it. I also got a disconnection due to steam going down, but an hour later there was a total global Steam blackout, which wiped off ALL available lobbies at that time.

Not saying there are no disconnection problems due to the game alone, on the contrary I agree those are often as well, but last night at least it wasn't the game's fault. Only thing I am wondering though, is why should steam going down should affect p2p race lobbies? Especially those which have already started I mean...

When I restarted the steam I could go online again (but I've only tested this with time trials and community events) so that is why I though the game caused my problem. I had no other problem with steam yesterday.

When I restarted the steam I could go online again (but I've only tested this with time trials and community events) so that is why I though the game caused my problem. I had no other problem with steam yesterday.

IIRC, the complete Steam blackout happened around 0:00-1:00 CET. All lobbies disappeared, then soon new ones started appearing again. One was by the AOR group, now appropriately named "AOR Test Race - Steam s**ks!" :)

Is the chase camera going to be reassessed at all? The current one is either way too close, or has the sense of speed sucked away the further the camera is away from the car. I don't like close chase cams as they are too detrimental to the FOV. So is there going to at least be a second chase cam option, further away from the car, with a wide viewing angle?
I second this. All camera views could do with a reassessment, but Chase Cam needs to be focused on first as it as the least sense of speed out of all the views available.

Try this by @imported_rik19

project cars how to adjust view ps4.jpeg

It should work on all platforms. I play pCARS on the PS4. You can place the camera anywhere you like using the keyboard.

Oh right, that's great to know 👍 - It would be better for the sequel to have these functions in the options menu though. ;)

I enjoyed the shift series a lot I hope Project Cars series does not lose its identity but I also prefer that they are going the fun way.

I think livery editor, works and customisation from the shift series would be great.

A lot of features from shift series can make its way into Project Cars that would make it even better.

Last edited:
an f1 simulator, with the aspirated engines preferably ('till 2013) is something I would like to try too. A true F1 simulator I mean, not that annual codemasters f1 joke

an f1 simulator, with the aspirated engines preferably ('till 2013) is something I would like to try too. A true F1 simulator I mean, not that annual codemasters f1 joke

Arent there enough mods for games like AC out there? I get your criticism on the F1 games, but they do listen to the community and have added the option to drive classic cars.

No - you're not the only one! Mad Box releases in 2023! This makes me wonder how long the wait for PC3 will be.

The Mad Box will never see the light of day.

My main concern is that many producers went bankrupt when they tried to make their own game console. I really do wish sucess to Ian and his team, but I think this is really hard to compete as console producer with giants like Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. There is reason why we have holy trinity of consoles for 20 years? I just wish SMS continues to exist and make great games. They are on the best way to create perfect racing sim and I hope they will not lose it

Do you guys think he was too quick to talk about the project, specially when we found out that still three years to go for it?

Not really, keeps us from wondering if support for pc2 will continue or if they've moved on. They moved on. Now that I know it's two to three years away I can save up for a pc so I can get even a better experience for the sequel. Plus enjoy other great sims. Acc, rf2, r3e etc. Or at least that's how I'm personally looking at it.

Too bad. And i hoped for Playstation 5 patch for Project Cars 2 with full PSVR support :C I hope PC3 will have PS VR support.

Lets hope PC3 will have a better weather system...and I'm not talking about the different weather options and their race/track influence. But rather an option where you won't know what will happen during the race in regards to weather. It is what completely puts me off doing custom races in PC2...what is the point setting up weather and knowing exactly what is going to happen.

Lets hope PC3 will have a better weather system...and I'm not talking about the different weather options and their race/track influence. But rather an option where you won't know what will happen during the race in regards to weather. It is what completely puts me off doing custom races in PC2...what is the point setting up weather and knowing exactly what is going to happen.

You can select the random weather slots. My problem with them is that they seem to generate way too often extreme weather. However this can be worked around with something called the random weather generator. For more info search for it on the official forum.

Never used it myself but there's a 'random' option when choosing weather forecast.

Back