Slightly Mad Studios is Working on Its Own Console

I do not trust their porting skills. Looks like Pcars3 is going to be a mess and they will have dev tool which will port all third party games on their console ? This is going to DOA and the name is horrible, looks like a boxed PC.

How about ‘X Station’ or ‘Play Box’? :lol:
'Simply 3DO' is my favourite suggestion so far.

I find it looks quite interesting and futuristic. What I'm wondering is what kind of games would it be able to play. Playstation, Xbox, PC? What? Would it be confined to one or the other or all?
I expect SouljaGame compatibility to be high on the list of design priorities.

This could either be a technological marvel or a massive embarrassment, only time will tell.

ee10r.jpg

Last edited:
A game company that made the flaming hot mess that was PCars 1 and the the almost as buggy mess of PCars 2 which seems to have dropped support now.
Wants you to now buy a games console from them?

Get outta here

Master making the games better and more smash hits before even thinking about anything else

Last edited:
A game company that made the flaming hot mess that was PCars 1 and the the almost as buggy mess of PCars 2 which seems to have dropped support now.
Wants you to now buy a games console from them?

Get outta here
Master making the games better and more smash hits before even thinking about anything else
Project Cars 2 is the best racing sim/game out there boy.

So they wanna do it like Epic, give out the engine for free and than get a share from the profit. I only assume that currently the pc gaming market is atomizing with everyone having their own platform that it will be even more difficult for newcomers

I hope just racing games come to it. It would be sweet if they set the bar for the racing games to go to. I like assetto corsa the best out of all so far on Xbox. As to me assetto corsa feels the most real and fun with the wheel and pedals. If this comes out and runners are other racing games come to it as well I will get this gaming device for sure. And maybe be done with Xbox.

The problem is, Microsoft and Sony don't make much, if anything on the consoles themselves. They make their money off the licensing fee's they charge developers, their 1st party titles, or online services. Now, I certainly could be misunderstanding things, but SMS doesn't seem to be planning on charging licensing fee's, their only title is in a niche genre and they haven't said anything about their networking plans. So how exactly they are planning on actually making money off this venture really is confusing.

I've read all the comments on GTPlanet - most by people much more knowledgable than me (including the one above) and can only come up with two conclusions:

1. This is a joke by SMS / Ian Bell.

2. This is a high end PC boxed as a console for commercial not domestic use. It will be very expensive and made to run the Pro versions of the software released by SMS (and others) such as their recent Pro software for the Porsche Car Company.

I can't get this product to make sense unless it is a very expensive ultra-niche product for commercial use, but then I struggle with the looks and the large footprint, which makes me think it is just a joke by SMS.

Oh oh. Race game fight.
No and that was the point, there is really nothing to fight about, it's all about personal preference, best games tells me nothing, like God of War 2018 won the GOTY title, I don't like the God of War games, so it's not my GOTY, for me RDR 2 is GOTY 2018, again it's about personal preference.

No and that was the point, there is really nothing to fight about, it's all about personal preference, best games tells me nothing, like God of War 2018 won the GOTY title, I don't like the God of War games, so it's not my GOTY, for me RDR 2 is GOTY 2018, again it's about personal preference.

Wrong GOW is the best. I have proof! ;)

Back