Slightly Mad Studios to Develop a Fast and Furious Game?

You should probably put the question mark off considering there's really no doubt as to what it is.

Again, it should be interesting to see what direction SMS takes, if it's based around the 'street racing' of the cancelled Genki title or the old Eutechnyx title, or if it will be more general like the F&F expansion for Horizon 2. Because it would be a bit hypocritical if Ian hated EA *that* much...then proceeded to do what they did, with the only difference being an actual license. Then again, I doubt SMS would have much choice in the matter if Universal wants what it wants.

If this turns out how I expect it to then I'm very excited for this game/franchise. From November this year until the end of 2018, there are going to be a lot of arcade racing games worth trying out. 👍

Again, it should be interesting to see what direction SMS takes, if it's based around the 'street racing' of the cancelled Genki title or the old Eutechnyx title, or if it will be more general like the F&F expansion for Horizon 2. Because it would be a bit hypocritical if Ian hated EA *that* much...then proceeded to do what they did, with the only difference being an actual license. Then again, I doubt SMS would have much choice in the matter if Universal wants what it wants.

I'm intrigued by this too. I'm sure SMS knows NFS is a huge selling franchise so it would be wise to take the concept of the latest game and try to "one up" it in any way they can. I can't imagine Universal asking them to do something much different to that idea.

OK, I'll admit I'm super excited about this. Hopefully a lot of the simulation aspects will make their way through to this game from Project Cars. If it has an interior view option, realistic physics and half-decent voice acting, it will be massively more appealing than the current wave of NFS games.

F&f is marketed for kids. Although it should sell well. Transporter would have been cooler. Even baby driver

With how Toyota is handling road cars lately, will they beable to put them in? 'cause if they make something of a throwback to FnF 1, then what about the Supra? Can't make that without the car... Still, that's some interesting news :P

I wonder if they'll work with another studio for the story side of the game (assuming there is a story), even moving from making sims to a street racer is quite a big change especially nowadays with the standards being so high.

I imagine the physics will be more arcadey because of the theme and the fact that The Fast and the Furious is a huge IP that appeals to a lot of people.

Back