Slip streaming gone/not modeled in FM7?

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
synagence
highlightshadow
Just noticing a distinct lack of 'Good Slipstream' notices and also no real slip stream effect

Has this been removed from FM7??
Seems kinda crazy to remove a core aspect of racing if so

It’s there, it’s just not advertised in any way. You’ll need to get within a certain distance before you really start to notice it.

Ok ... just was doing a race with a very long straight and didn't get any more top-speed or effect than i had on a previous lap without another car to tow

I haven't seen the the good / perfect draft notifications in FM6 for some months now. The problem lives on in FM7 it seems.

Forza Motorsport 7 04_10_2017 23_16_02.jpg
I've definitely seen a lot of "perfect draft" notifications.
I've not seen a SINGLE one at all in any race ... this includes at places like Spa / Circuit of the Americas which includes long straights and overtaken on that from a long run but no draft notice

EDIT: --- Confirmed.... ZERO on my drafting scores.... given how many races that's not possible ... its just not registering..
Seems plenty of official forum posts on the subject too
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst105208_No-drafting-in-this-game.aspx

Last edited:
I saw it a lot less than it used to be as well. But I had some perfects, I think you just need to be REALLY close to the car now, like almost hitting it.

@wallisj - my apologies. I've just checked my own stats and not a single perfect draft.
I was sure I had seen the notification on Sebring a few times (although I wasn't looking for it since I was unaware this was an issue).

Definitely something wrong.

I definitely saw prefect draft pop up on screen when I was running one of the career races. I have not looked at the stats to see what it says there.

I have noticed that the perfect turn does not seem to work on the Indy oval in 7. In 6 I generally get anywhere from 2 to 4 perfect corners every lap on that track. Did a 25 lap race on 7 nailing every corner on many laps and not even one perfect corner registered. I even intentionally altered my normal racing line and turned on the full line, followed it around the corners and nothing not only did I not see a single perfect turn but did not even see a good turn the entire race.

The only reason I noticed the perfect turn thing there is that I equipped a mod that pays off for multiple perfect turns thinking that would be easy for me on that track and not even 1 registered.

Edit: Looking at my stats I also show 0 perfect drafts but I definitely saw it say Perfect Draft at least once during the Nascar career races.

I also see that it shows for Indy oval out of 13 races I have 7 perfect corners so that is on average 1 per every two races when if it was working properly should be closer to 2 per lap if not more.

Last edited:
Back