slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
Very nice update; I like the warm tones in the first (Nice font [good positioning] and composition itself) and third (Outstanding camera angle and width here!) pictures. The second one shows the car's silhouette pretty well and the lighting is great. 👍

All 3 are fantastic. I'm really considering getting the track just for something new but I'm wondering how much variety I could pull off in photomode with it before it becomes stale. Liking what I see of it so far though.

Well, we can all stop trying, Slipz has gotten the perfect Aventador and SRX pictures.
Didn't even give us a chance to try :lol:

Great work as always 👍 With the wall papers I had a similar issue as Moglet did :nervous: Not too android friendly it seems :P

Oh man Slipz, your latest updates are so good.. I would comment on all of those thumbnails if I had the time, even if I seen them before. And the matte aventador is stunning, such nice lighting. It's hard to make matte paint look good in GT5 but you did it!

Little question though, how did you paint that Dodge Viper blue?

Mother of god Slipz! You really did work on this set. Nice way to set 2012 off with a bang at least, 👍

Thank you all so much for the support - I'm honoured to be nominated for any trophies in Ferrari_458's new Awards, as I know there are people who put far more work into their galleries these days, and are updating a bit more often! It's now been a month; and it'll be a bit longer still. I've been weighed down with a lot of things, one of which is... going back to school! I've applied for my dream course, 1800 other people vying for 120 seats means I've been focusing on my portfolio. The good thing is I've had some freelance work recently which will no doubt help it. The bad news is I barely have time to do my Tournament entry, nevermind the bunch of updates in the pipeline for this.

While not a proper update, I do have a bit of Gallery News:

yunohq.jpg

so i can add them to my Fav´s​

That's right, in a pre-emptive move against ImageShack stupidity, I've returned to Flickr, and uploaded both my GT and FM sets in their entirety. I'll get around to upgrading to Pro eventually, so you'll have access to all my shots, but for now, the most recent 200 is all you've got. I will also be going through my collections of competition entries... :). Now, on to the responses!

jus1029 - I was so happy to spot that by accident on my first run-through on SSRX - I figured it'd be something at least a little bit different to break up the monotony that track provides!

SVX - Heh, I've had the Aventador for months in the other game, so I just knew which angles worked :P

20832 - Teased the Hangar, only to have it massively delayed? That I did! :lol:

Nato - It's by far my favourite colour too - when the configurator first launched online, I spec'd out one with it, and it's been love ever since. There's no other supercar I'd rather have right now 👍

ShaolinMasta - :cheers:

MR - Glad you like it - I swear, I haven't forgotten about a certain other set! :)

el fayce - :D

FishyJuice - Nothing wrong with a short comment, thanks mate!

TVR - My favourite is probably the same, if only for the lighting. I like #2's location but realize I rely on profile shots too much.

RG - My experience says it will feel that way quickly (stale), but I've seen you work wonders with tracks we've had since release, so I can only imagine what you'd do with SSRX 👍

Gtuned - Perfect? Ha! So says Mr. Most-Nominated! :D

SMfan - You're too kind, really :)

Soloracer3 - If you could provide a stock screen grab of the normal Android screen, I can probably make up some similar shots!

sejtur - I'll admit, I was worried with the matte paint, since it usually does look... well, too flat. But I'm happy with the results, and it looks like so were a lot of other people. As for the Viper - that wasn't in-game :D

725 - Thanks buddy!

sems4arsenal - I've really been enjoying the improved lighting effects in the newer updates, glad I seem to have started utilizing them better 👍

Raphaele - Thanks for the kind words, Raph - it's really an honour to be nominated by the community for any award, we've got such a humongous wealth of talent in these boards, you most certainly included :)

BkS - It's unfortunate it's sort of fizzled since, huh? :lol:

:bowdown::bowdown:all glory to the mighty SlipZtrEm

IT'S ON FLICKR, RUN PEOPLE, RUN! THE APOCALYPSE IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!11

:bowdown:

*checks out his photostream*

*dramatic pause*

*faints*

*wakes up a few seconds later*

*opens lightbox view of the first picture*

And the let the "F + right-facing arrow key" repetition commence!

Heya Slipz, some nice stuff as of late :)
Congrats on heading back to school - can I ask what the dream course is? Sounds competitive, but I'm sure you'll do well! I've added you as a contact on Flickr despite the fact that I rarely use it, but *shrug*
Good luck with the course, I've just begun a new course of my own :D

[...]

I've applied for my dream course, 1800 other people vying for 120 seats means I've been focusing on my portfolio.

[...]
I wish you all the best (and a lot of luck!) for your - be it needed with regard to your job or not - future. :) 👍

While not a proper update, I do have a bit of Gallery News:

~ Picture ~​
Glad to see you moved to another image-hosting service. It would be a shame to lose all of your precious work.

MR - Glad you like it - I swear, I haven't forgotten about a certain other set! :)
Good to know! :D Good pictures are not produced in a few minutes, so don't worry.

Last edited:

(click on images for full-size)
_________________________​

Update Info: It's not exactly new content, but I thought the idea of Gtuned's RE:MIX thread was too fun to ignore. I decided I'd play with Fido's Vintage Muscle set, and focused on the landscape shots - not that there's anything wrong with the verts, it's just that I wanted some uniformity, and figured 12 shots was already enough! I promise, when things slow down a bit, I'll have some of my own shots up, but I hope you all (especially Fido) like these. Enjoy!

nanabu - :lol:

werty - That's because I don't give it enough attention :(

Fishy - Thanks for introducing me to exactly what the Recent Activity feature is all about :sly:

Rev - Which course for you? For me, it's this one - it's the course I originally wanted into way back years ago, and while I took a few of the classes in its curriculum, it was never my official major. I'm not too happy with what I ended up with, so figured hey, might as well go back!

sejtur - Yep, as much as I miss keeping on top of the gallery, it's been far more satisfying working on things related to this application. The interview went very well, and my portfolio seems to have had a positive impact, so now it's the waiting game...

GT-R - A name change? Noice! To belatedly answer you - only have a few shots, need to revisit the replay. Remind me again when it seems like I'm slacking - I really do want to see how they turn out, but this pesky real life thing is starting to annoy me :P

725 - Thanks Seven, it is handy, though it's made me question if I really need to do these presentation posts anymore. Short answer - why not?! :D

Last edited:
Excellent editing Slip. Loving the tones. :drool:

BTW, a bit of some friendly criticism, I personally think the border is a bit too big, and doesn't suit pictures like the panning mode 1 shots.

Other than that, great editing!

Sometimes less is more, I don't feel that the editing is that dramatic, but it does still look a bit better than Fido's (sorry Thomas :sly:). Seeing how you are doing some RE:MIX work, I need to get one more up for you to edit. :lol:

Great work Kyle. 👍

The 8th shot looks interesting. :drool: Nice RE:MIX, Kyle! 👍

And, add your photos to our Flickr group before this week ends. (unless you replied late)

Whoa.
I kinda got used to you toning a lot and editing heavily, but MAN, you make 'em pics look good with any style.:drool::drool::drool:

Rev - Which course for you? For me, it's this one - it's the course I originally wanted into way back years ago, and while I took a few of the classes in its curriculum, it was never my official major. I'm not too happy with what I ended up with, so figured hey, might as well go back!
Aah, that looks quite good! Had a bit of browse through the gallery of stuff there - mostly graphic design/visual communication based? If your vis comm stuff on GTP is any indication you'll do well 👍 Bachelors or Masters?

As for me, after finishing my B.Des last year I'm three weeks into my Masters of Industrial Design. Going well so far :)

Oh, and nice update! I must have a browse through that remix thread, sounds like a fun idea! The simplicity of this one stands out for my tastes! Well done :)

Back