SLS and 458 italia really close!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Niclang93
  • 46 comments
  • 2,710 views
Messages
21
So I was comparing SLS to a 458 italia, both standard. I gave each 5 laps around monza. The 458 clocked 2:00:600 and the SLS 2:00:460... How close is that! What are your best times for those two cars around monza?
 
to bad the 458 really would monster the SLS in reality
 
Aren't they both premium? I'm a fan of the 458 Italia though. Little lighter and more precise.
 
Italia is a much faster, better looking, and more fun to drive car than the SLS. Its much faster than the SLS so i would continue trying to put hot laps in if i were you because those two being that close doesn't seem right.
 
The 458 is driven by your finger tips, by very slight movements, it's very dainty.
The SLS is a sledgehammer that must be driven with an iron fist.
I prefer the 458 for racing and the SLS for some hooligan fun.
 
I think I remember that these were put into a drag race in an episode of Top Gear and they were really close. Well, Monza do have corners but they are all soft and the rest are long straights. On this particular track they may actually perform equally. The SLS is definitely not a brick.
 
I'd say that the 458 is faster than the SLS.
In a drag race, and on track.
 
Take them to deep forest and retest.
 
I'd say that the 458 is faster than the SLS.
In a drag race, and on track.

No. I'm imo drag racing and the spa is about .25 to .3 seconds faster in a quarter mile. Quite faster in drag racing.
 
I think I remember that these were put into a drag race in an episode of Top Gear and they were really close. Well, Monza do have corners but they are all soft and the rest are long straights. On this particular track they may actually perform equally. The SLS is definitely not a brick.

Yeah when they went to america, then they had all the trouble on the wet drag strip and when they brought it back to England they drew. May in 458 and Clarkson in the SLS, imho the 458 is the superior car, although I like both.
 
I was confused your talking about the original top gear not top gear America. I like the american version though. It's more entertaining.
 
I think the 458 might be faster but the SLS is much easier to handle, drives really good.
 
I'd have to agree with many, the 458 is a better racer than the SLS. The 458 is very agile, while the SLS is fairly heavy and slidy. Both, though, are really great cars and they go down to preference.
 
I'd say that your either really good driving the SLS or your not driving the 458 hard enough.
 
I agree. 458 is all around better. Harder to drive but if you can control it, its a really good road racing car.
 
I paired the SLS AMG against the MP4-12C last night online, at Monza. A lot closer than I expected, and I'm a very serious SLS AMG!
 
McClarenDesign
I paired the SLS AMG against the MP4-12C last night online, at Monza. A lot closer than I expected.

The sls is a better drivers car then the mclaren
 
The sls is a better drivers car then the mclaren

But the MP4-12C is a lot faster in a straight line. Possibly the only time an SLS is better in the corners.:D
 
That's to show how realistic some cars are. In reality the mp4 would beat sls easily.
 
Could someone else please post a lap time of the 458? Would really like to know what you get? (no upgrades with sports tyres -soft)

I first lapped the 458 and saved a ghost lap of the fastest lap, then I lapped the SLS with the ghost of 458. I found the 458 was faster on the straights and quite evenly matched through the corners. NOTE : both cars tested with TC off.

The 458 was slow coming out of the corners as I was struggling to get grip so it oversteered like a bitch.

BTW both cars had sports soft tyres...
 
Okay I'll try Monza with both cars.
Are the cars fresh from the dealer with no tuning or oil change? Only sport soft tires? No aids besides the ABS on 1?
 
Medno84
Okay I'll try Monza with both cars.
Are the cars fresh from the dealer with no tuning or oil change? Only sport soft tires? No aids besides the ABS on 1?

I actually bought both cars from dealer for this test, so no changes made to them. No aids, except for ABS on 1!
 
Screw it, I'll give this a quick go too. Guessing it'll be in the practice mode? What's the grip set to? Low or real?
 
m8h3r
Screw it, I'll give this a quick go too. Guessing it'll be in the practice mode? What's the grip set to? Low or real?

I didn't change it, so It would be on default. And yes, on practice mode.
 
A scruffy 1:57.037 in the 458, I put 3 wheels into the gravel out of Ascari. :dunce:
 
A scruffy 1:57.037 in the 458, I put 3 wheels into the gravel out of Ascari. :dunce:
Wow, a 1:56.926 in the SLS, that's scarily close. :scared:

Wow, impressive. Making me feel like a novice!

Haha, It's probably just cause I like these two cars and drove the Monza track a bazillion times. :lol:
 
Back