SMfan's Gallery |CLOSED| TLGT 2&3 - 14.01.2014

• Thread starter SMfan
  • 2,317 comments
HUGE THANKS,
everyone!

Firstly, I'm really happy with the reception that the DTM shots got. In fact one of them hit a little milestone - 200 views on flickr, and it was the first of my RL shots to do so. Admittedly it may not be as big an accomplishment for some of my GTPhotography colleagues.:sly: Still makes me happy, though. Thanks to all of you!:)

Secondly, I will upload more DTM pics at some moment in time, presumably, as soon as their quantity exceeds 5.:lol: So yeah, it's not gonna be a big set.

_____

Looks like it's gonna be one of those posts - tons of text with a couple photos.

Anyways, Good news, everyone!
9995545036_5a309cfc0c_s.jpg

I've actually won something! :dopey: And by something I mean a competition in the GT Photo Art community on VK. And for that thanks to all the voters, participants and admins.👍
The win makes me double-happy to reveal my entry (and a couple more that didn't make it to the final round) to everybody on GTP:

_____

Finally, here's a preview of my following set with a nice (IMO IMO IMO!!!:scared:) song to go with it (it being the preview; the set will once again be multi-styled, so one song just won't cut it.:sly:)

First of all, congratulations on the milestone and your competition win! :cheers:

Your photos are as amazing as always. That's all I need to say. 👍

Wow, this Countach shot is just amazing ! All is perfect in it, the toning, the rain effect, the reflection, the light... And this composition ! And the text is also excellent. Great mood for this atmosphere shot 👍

The others ones are also very good as usual and very originals. And I can't wait for your set to come :cheers:

First of all, congratulations on the milestone and your competition win! :cheers:

Your photos are as amazing as always. That's all I need to say. 👍
And that's all I need to hear.:sly:
Wow, this Countach shot is just amazing ! All is perfect in it, the toning, the rain effect, the reflection, the light... And this composition ! And the text is also excellent. Great mood for this atmosphere shot 👍

The others ones are also very good as usual and very originals. And I can't wait for your set to come :cheers:
Thanks for all of your kind words, Kodje!👍 Hope you like the set.:)

As usual a very great set, full of beautiful pics, very differents from each other and also really originals. You use some angles we never see elsewhere and your work on light is, as usual, one the best of the GTP community. And most of all your shots have often a great atmosphere. I think I love almost all the shots of the set once more, but some of them are especially impressive. All the close shots of the rear of the car #8, #9, #18 & #20. Nice use of the texture layer in shot 6 👍 Shot #14 is very well edited. Great light in shot #15, #16 & #17. But the most impressive of all is maybe, imo, the shot 17, very good idea and perfect realisation 👍
Very great work Alex :cheers:

как круто(How wonderful)! :D

Well overall, all of the pictures in your latest shot are done really nice, the sharpness of tones, underlined contrast of lighting with shadowy portions, the way of approaching to get each angle of the shot as close as possible and some of other features you worked on in the photos - are already of meritorious caliber altogether. :)

And to top it off, as some people already have mentioned, you're clearly one of the most potent competitors of photography in this forum with unique sense of making artistic works of striking originality. I wish you could keep up with creating those top opus that leave us staggered in every occasion. :D

This Prius set is all kinds of awesome! :drool: It's all pure art - the post edit work is just brilliant and has a real edgy feel, I especially love the sandtrap shot. :bowdown:

Wow this is a great set. Really liking a lot of the edit work and with some very nice compositions. Really love the sandtrap shot also. I agree with Nato a lot of these do have a kind of edgy feel which is really nice.

High quality set. Bravo. 👍 👍

Last two pages are full of awesome pictures. Love DTM shots , Jag shots are great, Countach set is mindblowing(especially "Atmosphere") and Prius pics are awesome. :drool: :drool: :drool:
Great shots, Alex ! 👍

Kodje
Whoa, whoa, that's one big comment... again.:lol:
Thanks a lot, man, these kinds of comments make me keep going.

geatle
Thx!:)

sneakyboy62
Thanks a LOT for all the compliments, sneakyboy! I'm gonna continue trying my nest to bring you my best works.

Nato_777
👍👍👍👍👍
:dopey:
Glad you and GPR like the sandtrap pic.:)

GPR
Thanks, George! I appreciate that you recognize the edgy feel of the shots. It was definitely intended.:sly:

ShaolinMasta
Thx, Ilya!👍

Here's a little artsy preview of my next set:

The preview looks brilliant, but... What does 13AM mean? (and am I a noob for not knowing? :P)

WAIT! .. I think I got it, it's relating to your avatar... But beyond that, I still have no idea what it means. That it's 1 PM in some sort of 24 hour time 12 hour clock crossover? :P

GTracer98
GT-R
Skython
Thanks, Ciro, Nenad and Alex, hope you'll like this set.:)

Also,

The preview looks brilliant, but... What does 13AM mean? (and am I a noob for not knowing? :P)

WAIT! .. I think I got it, it's relating to your avatar... But beyond that, I still have no idea what it means. That it's 1 PM in some sort of 24 hour time 12 hour clock crossover? :P

[PREPARE FOR LONG EXPANATION!]

Well... A couple years back I was trying to come up with a nickname for myself, kinda throwing around my initials (AM) and some other things. 13 is the number I had in my high school basketball team, and also is kinda my reversed date of birth.
Annnd, you were right, thinking it's connected to time in some way. My idea was that it's sorta like extra time. It sounds ungodly pretencious, I know, but the concept of time is one of those big things to think about and discuss, so I just couldn't avoid it.
So, yeah, it came as just some word/number combo and then I though up the meaning.:lol:

Last edited:
Always a real pleasure to discover your last work Alex. Never deceived, I really love your editing style, it is a great inspiration of mines. And this last set is exceptionnal.
Love the preview first, very artistic way of editing, one day I will try to do something like that because I love this. I will comment only my fav' but I like all the shots a lot.
Love the dark atmosphere of the first one, one of the best night shot I've seen. The warm light of the second is excellent (Have I already said I love the way you work on light ? ;) ). The fourth is splendid. Great choice of angle and compositon and the reflections are beautiful 👍 Superb use of texture layer in the fifth ! The #6 is very realistic with a good use of contrast and noise. Love the tonning and composition of the #8 and the warm felling of the #10. And the last three are just splendid with a superb work on tonning and a very original edit work on the first two.
Great work Alex, can't wait for a new set :cheers:

Quite a nice set Alex, got some good variety in it. I really like the first 2, interesting angles and framing. I also like 6,8 & 15. Very nice muted toning and dof on 15 with the generous space on the right for type it's almost paint like. 👍

Good rich contrasts in the whole set and vibrant warm tones. All in all very nice. 👍

I looked through almost every photo and I was blown away how some looked so real, fine work, very fine work.

I laid my eyes through all of the photos in your newest gallery and some of the shots are in deed reputable without reproachable flaws.

I'm particularly in fond of the 1st, 5th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and the last one wholly in which you added fuzzy lighting effects within the framing along with radiant contrast of hues in warm toning.

Those editing style of yours will never gets me tired to of it. Plus, I really like those REAL Dtm set! Dat level of skills are amazing! :drool:

It's hard to choose a favorite. Gorgeous set :drool::drool::drool: The mood is just amazing.
Btw preview deserves a special mention. Fantastic work, Alex ! 👍

Kodje, GPR, GTracer98, Zuel, sneakyboy62, Sir Tuddle, The R!CE Guy, krysalis, ZEROX, TVR&Ferrari_Fan, ShadowPeter, ShaolinMasta - thank you, guys!:cheers:

Welp, no new set yet, but there's a farly big collection of competition entries (which y'all have probably ssen already :lol:).

Bonus shot - just a Mustang I saw in Finland.:sly:

Your last update is beautiful as usual. Especially the 2 Stratos and the MP4-12C pics.

Also, your 787b set is sooooo AWESOME, don't know what to say else. ;)👍

Back