Snail Division 3 July 2018 Season

Welcome man glad to have you just a few little things that hopefully help
1. Before qualifying starts we line up at the first turn (except le man tonight will be different for that track)
2. Qualifying is 1 out lap followed by 1 hot lap if you get all 4 wheels off track stop on the side off the track.
3. At the end of racing for the night when prompted to vote we all vote 1st 2nd or 3rd combo we want to have changed the following week

These are just a few things to help your first night is always a lil rough its alot to get use to fast good luck and we are glad your racing with us
@Joseph Tito & @Mike Pate
One other note, if you are not used to running with TCS off - since we are the lowest division - you can request that it be turned on when we get in the lobby.
Also, just have fun running tonight! Race within your limits. You will really like SNAIL compared to the dailies or FIA races, as we all do our best to race clean. If there is an incident, make sure you review the OLR for how to handle it.

@Joseph Tito No hot lapping. One out lap and One qualifying lap. We wait for clearance from JLBowler to start qualifying then line up for qualifying. Then we start around 25 after to 30 after and i type in Go to start qualifying. Wait 5 seconds before you start from driver in front of you.

Did the room crash?
Everyone left and I was alone on track so I exited lobby and don't see another D3 room open.

Did the room crash?
Everyone left and I was alone on track so I exited lobby and don't see another D3 room open.

Weird, the room is still open, you were the only one that was seen as leaving.
0474-5838-1450-4619-7316

Let me know the results of race and votes if you want me to enter them into score sheet

Here is results

Attachments

• 20180729_223841.jpg
    20180729_223841.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 8
Tvvo 1
Rider007 1
Gulf 1
Thrash 3
Slow86 3
Nog 3
Bass 1
Texas 3
Champ30 3
Se4 2
Jam 1

Sorry if I missed anyone I think I got them all if you want to check I lived streamed it if i missed anyone

Are the other divisions voting on what combo to nix too? Seems like all of you voted for 1 or 3 and I couldn't stand 2 but it seemed like I was throwing my vote away by voting for (a terrible combo that should burn in the fiery pits of hell) 2 so I picked the lesser of 2 fun races.

Are the other divisions voting on what combo to nix too? Seems like all of you voted for 1 or 3 and I couldn't stand 2 but it seemed like I was throwing my vote away by voting for (a terrible combo that should burn in the fiery pits of hell) 2 so I picked the lesser of 2 fun races.
They should be and I really hope combo 3 goes away.... that was disatrous for me last night.
Of course the other 4 races I blew all on my own (typical lol) but #3 has got to go! Please!!!!

They should be and I really hope combo 3 goes away.... that was disatrous for me last night.
Of course the other 4 races I blew all on my own (typical lol) but #3 has got to go! Please!!!!

I liked 3! It was fun trying to get close enough to catch a draft and at same time racing to lose whoever was behind me so they couldn't do the same to me. Race 2 was like driving a boat blindfolded. Never could tell when it was ready to go the wrong direction. I'll be at the beach next weekend and unable to race anyway, so I guess voting with the crowd helps (some of) y'all out.

@ChauncyMarsh You can actually see the other divisions' votes here. Just click into the different divisions and the date and you can see their votes as well as scoring breakdown.

I agree @Nick Cannella that driving the big girl around can be tricky. She definitely wanted me to take her to the beach more than once. @ChauncyMarsh next time vote on your own (or with the group, if you want; I am not the boss of you! lol), as it seems that most of D1/D2 didn't like combo 2 either; you never know when you might be the swing vote. However, I also get that you will be away next weekend. Enjoy the REAL beach, not the kitty litter/gravel on the sides of the tracks!

I liked 3! It was fun trying to get close enough to catch a draft and at same time racing to lose whoever was behind me so they couldn't do the same to me. Race 2 was like driving a boat blindfolded. Never could tell when it was ready to go the wrong direction. I'll be at the beach next weekend and unable to race anyway, so I guess voting with the crowd helps (some of) y'all out.
In all honesty, thats really the first time I’ve ever practiced and driven that track in any generation of GT. I just can’t get the hang of it, but as the saying goes “practice makes perfect”.

@Joseph Tito just a couple tips for next time.
1. No hot laps. I made same mistake my first day. Just line up and chill/chat until room leader says "go"
1a. Make friends and check lobbies throughout the week. Lot's of practice rooms open up.
b. If you're worried you're not the fastest, line up towards the back so you don't get in the way of folks behind you
iii. Wait about 5 seconds after the person in front of you goes before you start, so there's a buffer between
4. Have fun!

@ChauncyMarsh You can actually see the other divisions' votes here. Just click into the different divisions and the date and you can see their votes as well as scoring breakdown.

I agree @Nick Cannella that driving the big girl around can be tricky. She definitely wanted me to take her to the beach more than once. @ChauncyMarsh next time vote on your own (or with the group, if you want; I am not the boss of you! lol), as it seems that most of D1/D2 didn't like combo 2 either; you never know when you might be the swing vote. However, I also get that you will be away next weekend. Enjoy the REAL beach, not the kitty litter/gravel on the sides of the tracks!
Well, looks like combo 3 is gonna be around to start the August season, so I better get to practicing that one.
Combo 2 appears to have gotten the most votes so I won’t be able to use the livery @THRASH made for me.
Combo 1 got the next most votes.
Should be an exciting start to kick off August!

Last edited:
Well, looks like combo 3 is gonna be around to start the August season, so I better get to practicing that one.
Combo 2 appears to have gotten the most votes so I won’t be able to use the livery @THRASH made for me.
Combo 1 got the next most votes.
Should be an exciting start to kick off August!

Absolutely hated combo 3.. felt like I was at special stage route x

It was a good season boys, congrats to our winner and podium finishers.
Me personally, best season yet, finishing 7th overall, but I know that is mainly due to some of the other faster guys missing a week or two.
I’ll continue to improve my race craft by practicing and with all of your help and assistance. You all are a great group of guys to race against and I have enjoyed every week.
Now, if I can only minimize or eliminate my own mistakes....

Me personally, best season yet, finishing 7th overall, but I know that is mainly due to some of the other faster guys missing a week or two.
I’ll continue to improve my race craft by practicing and with all of your help and assistance. You all are a great group of guys to race against and I have enjoyed every week.
Great time racing with you! It has been fun watching you improve your race craft. Awesome season!

I saw you improve as well. Not sure where I'm gonna finish due to Mr. Pink's...assertive...driving and a few reported incidents. I (Mr. White) had MY best season and look forward to more. Gonna be interesting to see where we all go when Div 4 opens up.

I saw you improve as well. Not sure where I'm gonna finish due to Mr. Pink's...assertive...driving and a few reported incidents. I (Mr. White) had MY best season and look forward to more. Gonna be interesting to see where we all go when Div 4 opens up.
Thanks fellas....I hope to stay racing with most of you

Back