SNAIL Division 3 - June 2018 Season

• Thread starter Tecticles
  • 81 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all good on my end man. its racing **** happens you get a split second to make a call on what you are gonna do and sometimes it's the right call sometimes it's not it's just a part of racing

I thought the racing Sunday night was pretty crappy. I was pushed and shoved around on almost every race. Granted, I didn’t do my best and was so frustrated with the last race, I just quit. I got punted off on the first lap and sent flying into the sand and fell directly to last place. I thought one of the rules of this league was to give back places if there is contact with another, even if it means other drivers gain position that were not involved. I know on one of the Tokoyo races I hit Texas pretty good heading into the last turn. I allowed him, and just about everyone else get ahead of me. I can’t say that same courtesy was given to me at all last night. I’m sorry to all of those that I may have had contact with last night. I’m gonna chalk this one up to just a bad night for me and move on.

I thought the racing Sunday night was pretty crappy. I was pushed and shoved around on almost every race. Granted, I didn’t do my best and was so frustrated with the last race, I just quit. I got punted off on the first lap and sent flying into the sand and fell directly to last place. I thought one of the rules of this league was to give back places if there is contact with another, even if it means other drivers gain position that were not involved. I know on one of the Tokoyo races I hit Texas pretty good heading into the last turn. I allowed him, and just about everyone else get ahead of me. I can’t say that same courtesy was given to me at all last night. I’m sorry to all of those that I may have had contact with last night. I’m gonna chalk this one up to just a bad night for me and move on.

This is what the IR system is for. If you feel wronged, file an IR. By the way, it was me who hit you on the last race and I filed on myself for it.

This is what the IR system is for. If you feel wronged, file an IR. By the way, it was me who hit you on the last race and I filed on myself for it.
Yeah I know it was you @JamCar0ne and I saw you slow down and wait, but at that point I said screw it. I’m just gonna leave this week alone and come back next week hopefully with some better skill and sense of awareness. I should probably file some on myself as well. It’s all good.

Sorry to almost all (@vsfit and @racingchamp30 were spared) for my debacle of a start on R3R1. Went wide to avoid everyone, but got in the grass and had little to no stopping power. Should have picked the other side to go off on. Again, I am sorry.

@JamCar0ne @ChauncyMarsh @Tecticles @TexasJDC @Nick Cannella @gulfvet67 @ZaYagi @rkraider @basswerks1 @THRASH

I watched the replay and you did your best to avoid wrecking but couldn't help it after budging into a driver in front of you then you were sliding in the grass. Has happened to me after i used the brakes too late and i ending up sliding in the grass as well.

I would like to encourage anyone, who may be unsure about the what to do if you exit track, to check out the Good racecraft guide.

There are some good things in there that most of us can apply to Sunday nights. If you have any questions about anything else feel free to pm me, ask here in this thread, or in the main snail thread. If I can't point you in the right direction I am certain there are people here that can.

I would like to encourage anyone, who may be unsure about the what to do if you exit track, to check out the Good racecraft guide.

There are some good things in there that most of us can apply to Sunday nights. If you have any questions about anything else feel free to pm me, ask here in this thread, or in the main snail thread. If I can't point you in the right direction I am certain there are people here that can.
Thanks @Tecticles this is good stuff. I know I can use a refresher as I reentered Sunday night and hit @ChauncyMarsh.

Y'all did well last night. I just couldn't get comfortable Probably bc of the hangover. Also found out the hard way that the 919 will completely spin out if you even touch a barricade that's been pushed into the road at T1. Bye bye 2nd place. Hello last.

It was some good racing last night. I still can’t get over the fact that I let two victories get away!!(Round 2 Big Willow and Round 2 Monza).

It was some good racing last night. I still can’t get over the fact that I let two victories get away!!(Round 2 Big Willow and Round 2 Monza).
I saw you on the side of the road at monza and was like "oh Noooooooo! He's been leading the whole race!" that's a tuff one, man. I was breathing down your neck til the barricade incident.

Y'all did well last night. I just couldn't get comfortable Probably bc of the hangover. Also found out the hard way that the 919 will completely spin out if you even touch a barricade that's been pushed into the road at T1. Bye bye 2nd place. Hello last.
It is surprising how those barricades "act". Last week, from a stop I tried to push into one, and it stopped me like a wall. However, if you drive at speed into one, it flys (as do you). Weird physics.

Anyone been streaming D3? I have been absent and will be for another 2weeks possibly (got married this weekend/honeymoon next 2wks) but was considering coming back after. Like to catch some of the races see how d3 is at the moment.

Congrats!...I streamed for the first time last night but was in the back most of the night nothing really exciting going on from my view other than a couple of wrecks
Thanks lmk the link like to check it out.

It is surprising how those barricades "act". Last week, from a stop I tried to push into one, and it stopped me like a wall. However, if you drive at speed into one, it flys (as do you). Weird physics.
The game ignores real world physics when you're not moving and does whatever magic to rotate your car towards facing the right direction.

One time I was at a stand still after a spin and went to do a donut 180 to quickly turn around. So I'm hitting a barricade at an angle towards facing backwards and I'm turning in that direction. The car magically goes the other direction and bumps itself against the wall to reposition me in a way to easily get back on track. The real driving simulator.

Scoring PSA:
While doing data I noticed that @racingchamp30 was awarded the pole on the spreadsheet for R2R1, when it was @vsfit who actually had pole off the qually. I adjusted accordingly.

Thanks for catching this. The host starts the race so quickly after the last car crosses the line that sometimes I have to change the time last minute (most important) and then rush to get the 1 in the correct box, which I apparently missed the box this round.

Anyone been streaming D3? I have been absent and will be for another 2weeks possibly (got married this weekend/honeymoon next 2wks) but was considering coming back after. Like to catch some of the races see how d3 is at the moment.

Congratulations Mr Two! Feel free to join us anytime man. If you have the time I look forward to chasing you again.

Thank you guys. Ill be gone till july 8th. I dont think ill be back in time to race that evening however. Ill need to practice anyways iirc @Tecticles it was YOU beating out my qually everytime haha.

Yep story of my virtual racing career, I can turn one good lap but if you make me try to put 4-5 together i'll be making donuts somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back