SNAIL Division 3 - May 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I’ve thought about going that route, not necessarily the Challenge but the Evolution. I’ve been trying to float that by the wife, but no luck yet, lol. How do you like it?
It's great! Alcantara all around. I'm a little big for it (6'2",250) but I have it laid back a lot so my knees don't hit and its really comfortable. Plus I can fold the whole thing up and throw it in a closet (with the wheel and pedals still attached). Thinking of attaching a butt kicker (or similar) to it to make it rumble. The wheel ffb on dirt tracks already shakes the whole thing and it's really cool.

Did a bunch of laps in the 919 at la Sarthe yesterday and like the car. Definitely need to feel out the Lexus b/c those N cars can have scary handling. Love Kyoto and that Vantage is pretty easy drivin' so I'll just hope to stay out of DP's way when he starts from the back ;)

Looks like I better get more seat time in if I am going to try to keep up with you guys this Sunday!
No need to worry about me...lol. Although I have been practicing I’m still relatively slow compared to you all in D3!

I can repost what I have. Are you on my friend's list? Otherwise you won't see them

It didn't work for everything, weird.

If you go to discover search for "snail" and go back a few pages until you get to 1/3/2018 and they're there

Good luck tonight folks. I won't be able to make it this week, haven't had the time to put in proper practice with the new combos.

Good luck tonight folks. I won't be able to make it this week, haven't had the time to put in proper practice with the new combos.
This should never be an excuse for not racing. Just show up and have fun. I didn't practice either but I don't care. Anyone can win tonight with the third combo being so crazy. Anything can happen so please show up. More cars on track the better.

Went all the way to the first page for that one. You really like to dig just to find anything that puts me in a negative light don't you? What do you have against me that you go out of your way to do this? You're not even supposed to post in another division's thread.

Oh no, I said "need to" instead of "should" in a post the day after a league night. Emotions maybe get in the way there? C'mon dude, you know what I meant and it's a non-issue. Please move along.

What do you have against me that you go out of your way to do this?

You like to contradict yourself while you bark orders at people. Maybe you forget what you post? 2,200 posts since October - itd be hard for anyone to remember them all.

You're not even supposed to post in another division's thread.

Again, more orders. Please show me where that policy is written and you'll never see me here again.

You say bark orders because you take everything so seriously. Ask anyone if they thought I was barking orders at them. We're on a forum. For discussion. I'm discussing. I can't find it in the main thread when divisional threads were first created but I know for a fact it's a thing because otherwise I would have posted in others long ago just for discussion's sake but instead I just follow them. Knowing how much I post you can use that to believe it.

Please leave me alone. You always try to goad me into some meltdown looking for any inconsistencies in my posts and it's never gonna happen. This thread doesn't concern you so please just move along. If you ever want to call me out on something please do it privately so as not to clog up whatever thread it's in. Let's be civil here, alright?

Goad you into some meltdown?? I simply pointed out your inconsistencies. You make a statement saying people need to practice before showing up Sunday. 3 pages later you say no practice is no excuse for not showing up Sunday. Which one is it?

Read your PMs. You're not allowed to post here.

And the two have nothing to do with each other. You need/should practice but if you don't that doesn't mean you can't/shouldn't show up to race anyway. You're assuming and you know what that does to both of us.

This should never be an excuse for not racing. Just show up and have fun. I didn't practice either but I don't care. Anyone can win tonight with the third combo being so crazy. Anything can happen so please show up. More cars on track the better.

Me causing issues for other drivers in two of the combos because they are touchy and a lack of practice is a good enough reason for me. I enjoy racing with others and I prefer to do it when I understand what the car will do, in certain turns with traffic. I know none of this and don't want to make a crappy night for anyone else because of my lack familiarity with two of the combos.

Fun racing last night, especially after the Memorial Day break. Monza...Oh Monza Monza Monza. I do love you, but you make my eye twitch sometimes. Really it's the braking points. You can practice practice practice all day but then you're in race with folks that also know their braking points and all of a sudden your new braking point is 25-50 meters sooner and you just clench and hope when you DO hit that guy, it's softly. I say sorry, but we all got banged around a bit.

Couple questions:
1. I need to work on my grid starts. Anyone have any advice? I realize we're competitors, but I'd like to avoid the fiasco I caused at Yamigawa yesterday.
B. Liveries: is there a way to cover up the LC500 (or any other) license plate? My decals only wanted to go behind it.

I'm gonna share my tip for Yamagiwa at the expense of an advantage but for the relative improvement of everyone. Don't rev the engine during the countdown. As soon as it says START floor it and you'll have instant traction. That's how I got away so fast. Sort of worked with the Porsche 919 but you have to be really quick with the first few gear changes to not get bogged down on the rev limiter

Practicing a few races in lobbies with the combos is the best way to get a handle for how each car starts. One thing that may help, is just watching the first minute of replays, see what the guys who are taking off immediately are doing. It may show you that one little thing you are missing.

I'm doing the same as dp just time it and dont rev during the count down and like dp said be ready to shift quick

B. Liveries: is there a way to cover up the LC500 (or any other) license plate? My decals only wanted to go behind it.
Usually if you can cover a license plate, when in the Livery Editor, it is under the "OTHER" decal section. Using R3 after picking a section will highlight what you can cover with decals.

Practicing a few races in lobbies with the combos is the best way to get a handle for how each car starts. One thing that may help, is just watching the first minute of replays, see what the guys who are taking off immediately are doing. It may show you that one little thing you are missing.

What he said.

If I make it to Thursday practice I try to save one of the replays. This way if I can't grasp a start, I have something to look at. My problem is forgeting the top speed in a gear and will bog it down and miss the shift. Like my first race at Interlagos last night.

I'm doing the same as dp just time it and dont rev during the count down and like dp said be ready to shift quick

I have found some cars, especially low end Nxxx cars, need the revs up to get a good start though. Yeah, being to slow on the shift will get you every time.

It is a fine line of keeping traction down and the car moving. You will find that you will be better at certain cars than others the more starts you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back