SNAIL Division 5 - January 2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because my speedtest net speed doesn't meet the required 20 download/5 upload speed, looks like i will have to stay on non fixed host. Bowler said that it's likely the issue surrounded RPM nascar into why their were issues in the room last Sunday.

The minimum has been 20 DL / 5 UL and under 100 ping. That is where the PS3 is more or less capped so we have wanted any fixed host to be getting more than the PS3 is capable of.

With that being said. If you get RPMNascar off the wifi or out of the room, most of your issues will go away.

Message by bowler after i did speedtest testing of my internet speed.

Last edited:
Try a full practice room this week as fixed host to test it. If there aren't any issues, I'll let you give it a shot for a full Sunday night.

New message from Bowler.

Yep, that's what I said. Wifi will drag down the entire room. If RPMNascar has hardwired his PS3 then I take that part back. If it's still using Wifi then I stand by those comments.

Yep, that's what I said. Wifi will drag down the entire room. If RPMNascar has hardwired his PS3 then I take that part back. If it's still using Wifi then I stand by those comments.

Was just letting the others know what is up so far, Raw and a couple others asked me to ask you about going fixed host. I got your message in PM ty. I understand that others not seeing others because we all have different connections but i understand.

Just recently upgraded my connection. Roughly 70/50 now (from the room where my PS3 is). Still on wifi. Would need over 100+ feet of cable to get it hard-wired, and I am unable to move it. So I'm stuck on wifi. I wasn't the one having the problems, besides getting disconnected after the qualifier, but that may have been for another reason because I have never seen a disconnection like what I had experienced then.

@JLBowler

I have a 100' CAT 6 ethernet cable that I run to get my PS3 wired, using about 70' of it. My PS3 is in the basement, directly below the router, but my wife is not on board with drilling an appropriate hole to run a permanent line, so I have to run it the length of the basement, up the stairs, through the kitchen into the living room to the router. I only hard wire on race nights or serious practice sessions.

It's not convenient for me to do, but neither is lag for the whole room because of someone is using WIFI.

I have a 100' CAT 6 ethernet cable that I run to get my PS3 wired, using about 70' of it. My PS3 is in the basement, directly below the router, but my wife is not on board with drilling an appropriate hole to run a permanent line, so I have to run it the length of the basement, up the stairs, through the kitchen into the living room to the router. I only hard wire on race nights or serious practice sessions.

It's not convenient for me to do, but neither is lag for the whole room because of someone is using WIFI.

What he said. You may not notice anything going on but the rest of the room sure does. Wifi on the PS3 is terrible and will cause problems 99 percent of the time. I made up the % but you get the point. I too have a 100ft cable that is run outside my house, around the eves of the roof, and into my man cave (garage). It is permanent and I would never even think of running a wifi connection when it has the ability to effect others.

If the division can get approved to run fixed host, the wifi connection won't have the same effect on the entire room. When it, or any other problem connection, starts to act up, it will just get dropped from the room.

Hey guys. Just reading about your connection issues from Sunday night. I'm most likely moving up to D5 this season and my connection speeds are 23 up and 13 down. Not sure what the Ping is but If I'm moved up to D5 I would be more than willing to be the fixed host for Sunday nights.

If the division can get approved to run fixed host, the wifi connection won't have the same effect on the entire room. When it, or any other problem connection, starts to act up, it will just get dropped from the room.

Which could explain why he was dropped shortly after we started with fixed host...

Which could explain why he was dropped shortly after we started with fixed host...
This could e a possibility, but I've been in fixed host room when I was in D6, no problems. Not sure what the problem is, and I hope it doesn't occur this weekend because I really want to race at Apricot Hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back