SNAIL Division 5 - November 2017 - GT SPORT Season 1

• Thread starter Wolfsatz
  • 82 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think DVD saved the replays, I know I saved the last 4. I didn't label them correctly, just wanted to save them to pluck photos from at a later date. Can send them or share them whatever is needed.

1) RacingChamp won't be on GTS until after Christmas - so, No Host has yet stepped forward (I am not adept at managing the computer issues, so allow me to be excused);
2) No D3-5 practice last night - probably due to connection issues.
Maybe we can run some Combos Saturday night.

1) RacingChamp won't be on GTS until after Christmas - so, No Host has yet stepped forward (I am not adept at managing the computer issues, so allow me to be excused);
2) No D3-5 practice last night - probably due to connection issues.
Maybe we can run some Combos Saturday night.

I did not know that about RacinChamp. I can open one next week. Was looking forward to race with you Tex.

You can count me in for Saturday night. I plan to be on around 8pm EST as long as the chief does not take over the TV.

Driver's list is out.
As expected, quite a bit of Division changes early on with GTS.
Keep your bags packed.

I will set up the room 15 to 20 minutes before 9 eastern to give us time to get organized. We need to determine who will handle replays and post them. When looking for the room, if I am not on your friends list search by track for maggiore you will find my room will be named D5 Snailracing.

I will set up the room 15 to 20 minutes before 9 eastern to give us time to get organized. We need to determine who will handle replays and post them. When looking for the room, if I am not on your friends list search by track for maggiore you will find my room will be named D5 Snailracing.

I am assuming that you are taking the role of DM. Naming convention for the rooms is
'SnailRacing.Org D5R1R1' for the first race. Hope you did your host text.

Here's the updated qually procedure

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

As a continuing effort by the BoD to streamline our procedures to ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience racing SNAIL we are introducing the following Qualification Rules effective immediately.

These rules should be followed on Thursday night during official practice so we can test and adjust where necessary.

New Qually Rules

Upon entering prior to the first race of the night or upon having the room reset before the first race of the next combo, immediately drive to a spot beyond turn one that is well off the racing line and line up single file. The host will remain on pit road during this time.

Once the driver count has been verified, the host will give instructions to start qualifying and leave pit road to join in at the back of the line. Drivers should give 5 seconds between the driver in front of them leaving and when they start. Drivers should always keep an eye on the map. Do not take-off if another driver is approaching from behind on his hot lap.

Qually is not the race. If you get caught from behind on qually be kind enough not to block. Leave room for the driver to pass.

All drivers will complete an out lap and one hot lap for qualifying.

If, at any time during the out lap or the hot lap, a driver leaves the racing surface for any reason, they are to pull completely off the track and out of the way and wait for the qualifying session to end. They are not to attempt to re-enter the track for any reason.

Once drivers have completed their hot lap, they are to stop on the track far enough past the start finish line as to not be a distraction to anyone finishing a lap.

Once the host has completed his hot lap, he will check that no non-members have entered (kick as necessary) and start the race.

This can be modified for shorter tracks or to change from 5 seconds if deemed necessary.

Failure to comply with Qually Rules will result in a disqualification for that specific race.

Had a good time last night and had some fun races. I also swear to god some of your cars are about twelve feet wider than mine whenever I'm trying to get around you. It looks like D5 still needs a Manager and Host I guess I will take over those duties. Need someone from BoD to clarify for me what the room settings are for the lowest division. I look forward to more fun next week.

Had a good time last night and had some fun races. I also swear to god some of your cars are about twelve feet wider than mine whenever I'm trying to get around you. It looks like D5 still needs a Manager and Host I guess I will take over those duties. Need someone from BoD to clarify for me what the room settings are for the lowest division. I look forward to more fun next week.

Room settings can be found in this Google Doc. The only setting difference is the lowest division can use TCS. Thank you for stepping up!

Driving line and TCS are allowed in the lowest division. Be aware that you can be promoted while using them and it may be a rude awakening for someone who was promoted and used to these aids to have to race without them in the next division up. Basically, I wouldn't recommend using them. You'll turn into a better driver if you don't.

I'm not too concerned about using them but I want the correct options on, when hosting this division so no one has to worry about asking to have the settings changed specifically for them.

I got it done that is part of DM you have to do what ever job needs to be done or make sure someone has it covered .
I have done this for awhile I guess I can help , who is doing data ?

Last edited:
I will take replays I think the latest they can be in is 6:00 pm , the stewards need them for IR review . I am glad you have data and scorekeeping I suck at scorekeeping I am so slow it takes me forever , ha ha . Data going thru the replays and pluging in the numbers took me most of Monday nights . So sounds like a deal to me .
He he he @Tecticles looks like you have the job , you will do fine

Replays are much easier than they used to be. Now it's just save, tag, share, and for the stewards watch. It used to be save, export to xmb, copy to usb drive, upload to google then for the stewards, download from google, copy to usb drive, copy to xmb, import to game, and then watch.

If you need it, I can be backup for replays... I don't really feel up for being 100% responsible, as I missed one last weekend.

Thanks for all the effort!

2017-11-12-settings-png.688577

This weeks Combos. This weeks setting will have TCS and Driving line on, ABS default and the rest Prohibited. These will be the setting for D5 room for the remainder of the time I am host and DM. It is recommended that you make a best effort to not become reliant on TCS as if with it you move to a division where it is prohibited, your times and surely your fun will suffer.

@whatbadgerseat @BayouSimDrifter @DVD @pubason @PlatinumRolex @TBongX @o8_jedi @StacysMom2 @Pichon617 @smthng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back