SNAIL Division 6 - December 2015 Season

• Thread starter STEAMER62
  • 102 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the legal drinking age in Canada? No worries mate!!!
legally to drink on your own or purchase alcohol in Canada is 19. A minor is allowed to be served alcohol but they must be served by their parents int heir own home under supervision.

Last edited by a moderator:
MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLAS... Sry i havent been racing and didnt respond or notify on here i just got my phone back for christmas... Bad grades so i wont be racing til those come up... Sry for the lack of communication... Happy christmas and a merry new year or vise versa i cant remember lol

@polygrizz Are you still running the room as fixed host? If you are, what is your physical location. State / Province is enough detail. If it's a big state or province, give me the closest city that would have a speedtest server. I noticed some pretty bad lag events in the replays and want to do a little work on it if possible.

@JLBowler Montreal, Canada. We ran Fixed host for the first portion of the evening then switch to non fixed host. Yeah, Sedia was all over the place lagging off and on.

It would seem that you are aware of the issue. I will not dig any further but I will leave the portion of policy that states how SNAIL expects lag to be dealt with on race night. The following is taken from the host and driver responsibilities on race night section in the SNAIL Policies and Guidelines thread.

4. The host/director is responsible for handling any lag issues during the night. If a driver is lagging, the host/director should ask them to leave the room, clear their cache, and re-enter the room. The host/director should allow 3 minutes for the driver to take care of this. If the lag is still present, the host/director should ask the driver to leave for the night. If the host/director doesn't make the lagging driver aware of the issue and give them the chance to rectify the issue then the fault lies with the host/director. Most of the time, the driver that is lagging will not know it. Other cars will appear to have slight jittery movements to them. Meanwhile, the driver lagging will be flying all over the track with tires smoking.

3. If you are told that you are lagging badly and affecting other drivers, please do the considerate thing and leave in the middle of the race. You will receive last place points but you won't ruin the race for another driver. This will give you extra time to try and get your connection sorted and get back for the next race without holding up the room too much. It's better to get last place points for leaving early to get it sorted than it is to miss the start of the next race and get 0 points if you can't get back to the room in three minutes.

@JLBowler Montreal, Canada. We ran Fixed host for the first portion of the evening then switch to non fixed host. Yeah, Sedia was all over the place lagging off and on.
can confirm that from my side too...he said he was wifi !

It would seem that you are aware of the issue. I will not dig any further but I will leave the portion of policy that states how SNAIL expects lag to be dealt with on race night. The following is taken from the host and driver responsibilities on race night section in the SNAIL Policies and Guidelines thread.

4. The host/director is responsible for handling any lag issues during the night. If a driver is lagging, the host/director should ask them to leave the room, clear their cache, and re-enter the room. The host/director should allow 3 minutes for the driver to take care of this. If the lag is still present, the host/director should ask the driver to leave for the night. If the host/director doesn't make the lagging driver aware of the issue and give them the chance to rectify the issue then the fault lies with the host/director. Most of the time, the driver that is lagging will not know it. Other cars will appear to have slight jittery movements to them. Meanwhile, the driver lagging will be flying all over the track with tires smoking.

3. If you are told that you are lagging badly and affecting other drivers, please do the considerate thing and leave in the middle of the race. You will receive last place points but you won't ruin the race for another driver. This will give you extra time to try and get your connection sorted and get back for the next race without holding up the room too much. It's better to get last place points for leaving early to get it sorted than it is to miss the start of the next race and get 0 points if you can't get back to the room in three minutes.
Before the race I was told I had lag but then it stopped, I repeated myself numerous times that if anyone sees me lagging to tell me immediatly and I'll pull over and trail in last place. Mid race I was told by Alex that I was lagging, I pulled over and waited for everyone to pass, then continued my race in last place from there. I did end up passing people, but if there was more lag then they would have told me. I do run on wifi and have been every since it came out. When I previously raced in SNAIL I had wifi when I left I upgraded to a faster more secure wifi which I'm running on now. That was the first time there was major lag for me.

if hosting, I will be excessively strict starting next season.
I only saw how bad it was while checking the replays. @Sedia3 if you get the chancce, download the replay from C3R1 and look at the lag other players were seeing from their end.

Before the race I was told I had lag but then it stopped, I repeated myself numerous times that if anyone sees me lagging to tell me immediatly and I'll pull over and trail in last place. Mid race I was told by Alex that I was lagging, I pulled over and waited for everyone to pass, then continued my race in last place from there. I did end up passing people, but if there was more lag then they would have told me. I do run on wifi and have been every since it came out. When I previously raced in SNAIL I had wifi when I left I upgraded to a faster more secure wifi which I'm running on now. That was the first time there was major lag for me.

That's why I posted what is supposed to be done. Everyone knows how the situation should be handled going forward.

When it comes to wifi, your connection really doesn't matter all that much. The PS3's wifi connection is unstable at best and should not be used for online racing where lag has the ability to have such a huge effect on everyone else in the room. Wired is the way to go.

Last edited:
if hosting, I will be excessively strict starting next season.
I only saw how bad it was while checking the replays. @Sedia3 if you get the chancce, download the replay from C3R1 and look at the lag other players were seeing from their end.
Will do.
That's why I posted what is supposed to be done. Everyone knows how the situation should be handled going forward.

When it comes to wifi, your connection really doesn't matter all that much. The PS3's wifi connection is unstable at best and should not be used for online racing where lag has the ability to have such a huge effect on everyone else in the room. Wired is the way to go.
I physically cannot get a wired connection.

Will do.

I physically cannot get a wired connection.

If you physically cannot get a wired connection, you must be getting internet provided to your home over a wireless connection as well which can't be the most stable method of connection, this means that the issue is not going to go away. Moving forward, when you are informed that you are lagging, you will be expected to follow the policy that is in place for lagging drivers.

If you physically cannot get a wired connection, you must be getting internet provided to your home over a wireless connection as well which can't be the most stable method of connection, this means that the issue is not going to go away. Moving forward, when you are informed that you are lagging, you will be expected to follow the policy that is in place for lagging drivers.
What I mean by physically cant get a wired connection is that I would be invading my parents privacy, but yes I will follow the policy next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back