SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
Ahh brad. I meant midnight my time. Can I still change it? If so here it is.

Alsace 20:30
Tires x1
Fuel x4

Toyota Gr.1 TS030 ‘12

Sorry all it took longer to get home than I thought from South Dakota. Let alone the meeting went longer than it should have.

Ahh brad. I meant midnight my time. Can I still change it? If so here it is.

Alsace 20:30
Tires x1
Fuel x4

Toyota Gr.1 TS030 ‘12

Sorry all it took longer to get home than I thought from South Dakota. Let alone the meeting went longer than it should have.

Yep that’s fine with me.

Death Wish Coffee Racing Team Endurance Series entry.

937DB6A7-512D-46FA-9882-ED991C8B711E.jpeg

How was the interaction between Div 1 and Div 2 last night?

From the 4 laps that us in d 2 went down last night it went very good. The cars are almost 20 secs apart. Tex and I last night just tried staying out of the way when they got near us.

How was the interaction between Div 1 and Div 2 last night?
Instead of racing with the primary focus being ahead - I was watching the Map and Rear View mirror most of the time.

And when a D-1 car passed - it took 2 seconds, and then I was trundling along in my isolated world.

Instead of racing with the primary focus being ahead - I was watching the Map and Rear View mirror most of the time.

And when a D-1 car passed - it took 2 seconds, and then I was trundling along in my isolated world.

Very well said tex I couldn't have but it better I just ran my race looked at the map every chance I got

Good pointers for the slow D2 guy here...maps, radar and “vehicles in mirror are approaching faster than they appear”.

As fast as we were moving last night I went 1:35 a few times towards the end, we may want to consider splitting the rooms. I really don’t want to, but 20 seconds a lap, whew

As fast as we were moving last night I went 1:35 a few times towards the end, we may want to consider splitting the rooms. I really don’t want to, but 20 seconds a lap, whew

There will be a lot of lapping, but at least passing is easy at Alsace - passing on the outside on the two long-ish left handers is a lot of fun... but if you're stuck behind someone before/during the two technical portions you've gotta be patient.

The most problematic area for me is the pit exit. When you get control of the car (i.e. not auto-drive) you're already on the track.

There will be a lot of lapping, but at least passing is easy at Alsace - passing on the outside on the two long-ish left handers is a lot of fun... but if you're stuck behind someone before/during the two technical portions you've gotta be patient.

The most problematic area for me is the pit exit. When you get control of the car (i.e. not auto-drive) you're already on the track.

I agree the speed difference is so much greater and those D1 cars can handle on a dime (Atleast it seems like it).

Pit exit is its own monster the only word of advice is whomever is on the track at that point if you see a car coming out of the pits I personally would give the person exiting the pits the inside line. I would think with the lower speed it is easier for the car to stay inside then cross the track and go outside.

Tex and I were able to have a nice battle going on even though we were getting lapped by the leaders last night, so it can be done.

As far as splitting i think if it is going to three drivers or something like that why split them up. however i do feel if D2 gets to be upwards of 6 cars then id say split because with us spread out on the track it would be like speed bumps to D1 cars. Just my opionon

I agree the speed difference is so much greater and those D1 cars can handle on a dime (Atleast it seems like it).

Pit exit is its own monster the only word of advice is whomever is on the track at that point if you see a car coming out of the pits I personally would give the person exiting the pits the inside line. I would think with the lower speed it is easier for the car to stay inside then cross the track and go outside.

Tex and I were able to have a nice battle going on even though we were getting lapped by the leaders last night, so it can be done.

As far as splitting i think if it is going to three drivers or something like that why split them up. however i do feel if D2 gets to be upwards of 6 cars then id say split because with us spread out on the track it would be like speed bumps to D1 cars. Just my opionon
Yep, definitely take the inside line coming out of the pits.

About to head out to DC, and I wanted to sign on psn and it’s down just a heads up. Hopefully it comes back up for you guys tonight. I imagine it will.

I apologize for the late notification but my wife would like to take our kids to a Halloween parade in Hershey tonight...yes tonight of all nights. I don't know if I will be able to make it back before the 9 PM start time. If it is close I can message someone threw psn and let them know.

Back