SNAIL Formula Stars - ClosedPS4 

• Thread starter Cardahs
  • 258 comments
I think the F rookie is helping me learn a lot about how to drive project cars.

I would agree. Learning threshold braking is critical to laptimes. Can't be too aggressive on entry because inducing understeer and using too much wheel causes spins, especially if completely off throttle. Smooth is fast with that little thing.

I think the F rookie is helping me learn a lot about how to drive project cars.
That's a great way to put it actually. If you can get smooth with that car then you're good to go with most of the other Formula cars.

I had fun. The open wheel cars somehow suit me for some reason. Didn't practice and even had to jump out of both qualifiers to turn my FFB tire force settings down a little. The Donington curbs were clipping my FFB. Tells you how often I drive open wheel cars.

Good to hear you're liking the open wheelers. And that's exactly what I'm learning about pcars, have to be be very smooth with the throttle control to balance cars and avoid over/understeer. Also noticing a huge difference in grip when off the racing line, perhaps too much. I don't know. The game seems to reward you for sticking to the lines it wants you to take, very much like the Codie F1 games. I just seem to be having huge difficulty staying on the lines I want. Part of it is I'm still having some issues in the braking zone and this game punishes you for that. I also tend to learn combos the wrong way. I'm too aggressive at the start and then slow things down as I learn. :dunce::banghead:

Was a lot of fun and great to see so much interest in formula cars. You guys rock! :cool:

Barcelona is also a track that does absolutely nothing to help you so there's that.

Edit: I primarily use open wheelers when racing off-line.

I don't think it lowers grip off the line. Usually when I go off the line it's because I have gone too fast and it's under steering. Many of the corners tonight were lightly banked on the racing line too...as you get off the line the pavement flattens out which will cause loss of grip too.

Or, it really does cause loss of grip off the line :) I don't know.

Mock race results.png

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight, I most certainly did not expect to have a grid of 11 drivers. The format ran really smoothly and was also a lot of fun, I'm very glad you all enjoyed yourselves and I look forward to start the official Season 1 next week! Here are your mock race results, bare in mind they do not go towards anything as it was only a test night.

1st Ice_Warden 33
2nd Cardahs 28
3rd Lessenjr 27
4th aerolite 26
5th lobbanmike 24
6th Kickenit4evr 22
7th McTrucker000 18
8th Oshawa-Joe 16
9th flip_jj 14
10th Zii1993 11
11th DesertPenguin09 8
Mock Race Podium.png

Last edited:
No, it's the track. There's barely any camber on the turns. I'm assuming you're still only talking about the Rookie and not the Formula C race.

Trust me, on both tracks there is a big difference in grip off line. Noticed that in general. Also noticed big difference in grip as the track wears in and cars get lighter. Not saying it a bad thing, just getting used to it.

On another note, have someone buying my t300rs tomorrow and will be picking up a G29.

Thanks. @Cardahs for putting this together. It looks like it's going to be fun.

I could not find a community group page yet, but it's still young. It is a easy way to recommend it to people.

Trust me, on both tracks there is a big difference in grip off line. Noticed that in general. Also noticed big difference in grip as the track wears in and cars get lighter. Not saying it a bad thing, just getting used to it.

On another note, have someone buying my t300rs tomorrow and will be picking up a G29.
This is true. The game does factor in tire temps and track temps so maybe that has something to do with it. And of course we all know it factors fuel usage and car weight because as the car lightens up it definitely gets faster.

That sounds like more Director than co-director :)

They were examples, help in general that is what co-directors are. I'm really busy with college work with a job on top of it. Just after a little help to get things going.

Last edited:
season 1.png

9:00 PM EST

Formula Gulf 1000 (F4)
Qualifying - 15 Minutes
Timed Race - 20 Minutes
Track - Le Circuit Bugatti

Weather Slots:
Light Cloud
Light Cloud
Clear
Clear

Bugatti.png

Formula B (FB)
Qualifying - 15 Minutes
Timed Race - 20 Minutes
Track - Hockenheim GP

Weather Slots:
Light Cloud
Light Cloud
Clear
Clear

Hockenheim.png

Last edited:
Is it gonna be different cars each week? You should make a season for each car and we should progress from lower to higher due to the learning curve.

Is it gonna be different cars each week? You should make a season for each car and we should progress from lower to higher due to the learning curve.

How about you just practice the combo's?

Plus, this idea that you insinuate with "slower" cars being easier to learn has little basis in reality. The Rookie car albeit less powerful is just as easy to lose control with as the FA.
  1. Discuss/learn about the combos
  2. Practice the combos
  3. Show up and race

How about you just practice the combo's?

Plus, this idea that you insinuate with "slower" cars being easier to learn has little basis in reality. The Rookie car albeit less powerful is just as easy to lose control with as the FA.
  1. Discuss/learn about the combos
  2. Practice the combos
  3. Show up and race

:cheers:

Fair enough, was just saying. That's all. I've honestly never driver FA or FB. I've seen videos of FA and it looks like it's on fast forward. I'm scared.

Fair enough, was just saying. That's all. I've honestly never driver FA or FB. I've seen videos of FA and it looks like it's on fast forward. I'm scared.

They are good fun once you get used to the speed, you'll be fine after a little practice.

Jeez DP, you haven't even driven two of the cars, the series is brand new, and you continue to tell Cards what he should or shouldn't be doing. Why not be like the rest of us, take what has been decided, go grab the cars, practice, and then race the entire evening!

Back