SNAIL Formula Stars - ClosedPS4 

• Thread starter Cardahs
  • 258 comments
I am back and should be able to make the slow guys feel faster about themselves...one of my true talents as the slowest one on the track.

Announcement banner.png

9:00 PM EST
Formula B (FB)
Qualifying - 15 Minutes
Timed Race - 20 Minutes
Track - Watkins Glen GP

Weather Slots:
Light Cloud
Light Cloud
Clear
Clear

Watkins.png

Formula C (FC)
Qualifying - 15 Minutes
Timed Race - 20 Minutes
Track - Zolder GP

Weather Slots:
Light Cloud
Light Cloud
Clear
Clear

Zolder.png

Last edited:
Ran a few laps in each combo this afternoon, just so I dont look completely hopeless again. I also figured out something interesting about how the game (wheel settings specifically) was fighting against my reflexes and made a tweak that appears to be helping me. I lowered the throttle sensitivity from 50 to 35.

I might be able to make it but we promised the kids we'd watch Battlebots with them. It ends at 9 so I won't make it til 9:05-9:10.

I will keep you updated.

@aerolite i noticed and trust me I'm coming for you. I have 0 practice just like all but one race of the season so we'll see how well I can adapt and spank that a$$.

Wait that might turn you on. Don't worry Mike is there to cure that wood. :lol:

Ya, I don't think I've ever sweat like that before, was really fun night. I kept a steady pace and never spun the whole night. Sorry I have to miss the start of next month, I do hope we get some more people join.
Was going to go straight to bed but too wound up, so having a whiskey and doing the scoresheet.
:cheers:

Sounds like wimmin trouble.
I'm gonna try that sensitvity setting, might help on corner exit.
Awwww, no balltickle tonite? Gotta do it myself.

Sort of... Got home from work, wife working until 10, kids home first day off on summer break, and the place is destroyed. Got home with groceries to make a nice spaghetti dinner for everyone and then watch the Portugal game. Had to spend over an hour cleaning up before even starting. Pissed me off. Rant over.

As far as the sensitive setting, it's making a big difference. Realized ONE of my issues being I kept throwing cars into off throttle oversteer and couldn't stop it.
Felt like all the cars had very weak dampers or weak springs.

I'm a bit of a lead foot and have quick reflexes. Best example of that is that in GT5 I would gold all the Vettel challenges in about an hour and a half. Did it on 4 accounts. That's what got me thinking about reducing the throttle sensitivity and it's helping.

So if you are having the same issue, give it a try.

Last edited:
Sort of... Got home from work, wife working until 10, kids home first day off on summer break, and the place is destroyed. Got home with groceries to make a nice spaghetti dinner for everyone and then watch the Portugal game. Had to spend over an hour cleaning up before even starting. Pissed me off. Rant over.

As far as the sensitive setting, it's making a big difference. Realized ONE of my issues being I kept throwing cars into off throttle oversteer and couldn't stop it.
Felt like all the cars had very weak dampers or weak springs.

I'm a bit of a lead foot and have quick reflexes. Best example of that is that in GT5 I would gold all the Vettel challenges in about an hour and a half. Did it on 4 accounts. That's what got me thinking about reducing the throttle sensitivity and it's helping.

So if you are having the same issue, give it a try.
Check my G29 settings I posted over on Lessens thread recently and give them a try.

Check my G29 settings I posted over on Lessens thread recently and give them a try.
Thanks for posting those settings Joe. I used them Thursday night. I increased the tire force to 70 but other than that I quite liked the feeling, seems the faster you go the better it got.
Can you just verify the Deadzone Removal Falloff number please.
Thanks

Thanks for posting those settings Joe. I used them Thursday night. I increased the tire force to 70 but other than that I quite liked the feeling, seems the faster you go the better it got.
Can you just verify the Deadzone Removal Falloff number please.
Thanks

It only reads .01 or .02.

Click it up while it reads .01 until it reads .02, then click it down once. It will read .01 but it's really .019.

Yeah you can adjust tire force to suit the situation. Depends on the combo.

Must be the new wheel Aero. Mine was acting up on me last night. Both races the paddle shifter would not change up a few times. That's my excuse for the week. This is a good series, I jope we get more drivers for mext week.

Good job Steve.[/QUOT

Back