SNAIL Holiday Event Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, everything kept imploding. We made a new room that seemed to work and started racing with 11. Figured someone else did the same. Just finished Race 1

And it just blew up again. I'm just about done with this...

Sorry DP but I'm done, tired of getting dc'd and I wasn't very happy with the way a couple of people thought they could drive differently than a Regular Sunday night.
You know it is rare for me to leave but I think it best tonight.
Hope the rest of the night goes well.

@aerolite Sorry for being in the way at the start. This game is very alien to me anymore.

Sorry it's been such a tough night @DesertPenguin09 I feel bad for ya
No worries Lessen, you didn't get in my way at all and I was not making any reference to you.
Others should have a bit more patience, especially in a 20 min race!
I hope the rest of the night goes smoothly for DP as well.

I'm calling it a night. It looked like people were getting booted and I decided to leave to play it safe. A big, huge, gigantic thank you to everyone that came out and stuck through the tough start that we had. Once it got going it was a lot of fun. All the cars work well together and nobody had an inherent advantage over anyone else. Might have to make this a weekly thing. Friday nights seem to be open...

I'm calling it a night. It looked like people were getting booted and I decided to leave to play it safe. A big, huge, gigantic thank you to everyone that came out and stuck through the tough start that we had. Once it got going it was a lot of fun. All the cars work well together and nobody had an inherent advantage over anyone else. Might have to make this a weekly thing. Friday nights seem to be open...
gave it a go dp Ty for all the effort :cheers:

Holiday Race Results
Room 2

Apricot Hill Quali

1. MM-leadfoot 1:16.575
2. Quiltingchloe 1:17.320
3. Grandpas_money 1:17.381
4. Xrad-11 1:17.505
5. Raw10_2u 1:18.492
6. IllTrick 1:18.128
7. Alex_ONeil 1:18.492
8. rkzjb04 1:19.268

Apricot Hill Race

1. MM-leadfoot
2. quiltingchloe
3. Grandpas_Money
4. Xrad-11
5. IllTrick
6. rkzjb04
7. Raw10_2u
8. Alex_ONeil

Brands Hatch GP

1. MM-leadfoot
2. quiltingchloe
3. Raw10_2u
4. rkzjb04
5. WIDEeyedDRIVER
6. IllTrick
7. Granpas_Money
8. Xrad-11
9. Alex_ONeil

Grand Valley

1. MM-leadfoot
2. Xrad-11
3. Quiltingchloe
4. Granpas_Money
5. kgffty
6. WIDEeyedDRIVER
7. rkzjb04
8. IllTrick
9. BKM-540
10. DesertPenguin09
11. Racingchamp30
12. Alex_ONeil
13. gu1tar3rich
14. Raw10_2u

Autodromo de Monza

1. MM-leadfoot
2. Xrad-11
3. kgffty
4. Grandpas_Money
5. RacingChamp30
6. IllTrick
7. rkzjb04
8. Alex_ONeil

Nurburgring GP/F

1. Xrad-11
2. MM-leadfoot
3. RacingChamp30
4. IllTrick
5. rkzjb04
6. Alex_ONeil

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course

1. MM-leadfoot
2. IllTrick
3. Xrad-11
4. RacingChamp30
5. Alex_ONeil
6. rkzjb04

Fuji Speedway GT

1. MM-leadfoot
2. Xrad-11
3. RacingChamp30
4. IllTrick
5. rkzjb04
6.Alex_ONeil

Hey Mr. @DesertPenguin09

It looks like May 29, 2016 is going to be a SNAIL vacation day. Would you like to organize another special event. It looks like your 3 x 30 minute endurance race format for the Christmas break was well received. We can ask for a few suggestions of what the guys will look for in combo choices or how they would like to tweak it. Important part is to listen to what the guys want and then decide what you are going to do. It is impossible to accommodate every suggestion - so you will have to make up our minds and set the rules (and adjust one or two small items if someone makes a good suggestion)

I won't be available to race myself on that day, but I will help you to put it together

Let us know if you want to do it again.

Definitely interested. I remember last time bringing up lots of suggestions and people mostly saying "just do what you want". Originally I had looked up what combos had been used more than 3 times in a row, representing popularity. That was a bit of retreading so let's do something new this time. I really love Project Cars though now... GT6 is so... sterile compared to PCars. Anyway...

So yea, interested, but GT6 is running out of ways to entertain. First thought is 20 minutes instead of 30. Do you like the idea of progression? One track with three cars, each race "promoting" to a higher tier of motorsport, that kind of thing. I'm pretty sure Time Change is still out of the question so we can't make a "race day" like event where by the last race it's late in the afternoon.

Bring forth your ideas and let's discuss!

"I'm pretty sure Time Change is still out of the question so we can't make a "race day" like event where by the last race it's late in the afternoon." Who said this was out of the question? This isn't official snail this is holiday special!

One track with three cars, each race "promoting" to a higher tier of motorsport, that kind of thing.
Which cars?

Haven't gotten that far yet, but if you're interested in time change then let's do it! The reason it's not allowed in SNAIL is because of multiple rooms so they won't all be the same exact time. I think if we get enough people to make two rooms, they won't care that the time is slightly off. The only issue is the time starts going as soon as the room opens, so if you want a race to start at a certain time, allow enough time to pass while waiting for the room to fill.

First off, I only want to use race cars but other than that I have no idea yet. Just started thinking about it now. GT300 > GT500 > GT3. GT300 > GT3 > LMP1 or 2? If we use LMP cars I want to allow TC and Stability Control. This is about fun, not man-handling a car. If not SuperGT, there are many Gran Turismo "Touring Cars" that work. Something like 300-400HP > 400-500HP > 500-650HP. And Ascari because why the **** not?! We never get to and this is a good opportunity.

Good news is we have a lot of time to figure this out, unlike last time where I kinda rushed it all in a week. I just got up a little while ago, working at 4pm EST.

Haven't gotten that far yet, but if you're interested in time change then let's do it! The reason it's not allowed in SNAIL is because of multiple rooms so they won't all be the same exact time. I think if we get enough people to make two rooms, they won't care that the time is slightly off. The only issue is the time starts going as soon as the room opens, so if you want a race to start at a certain time, allow enough time to pass while waiting for the room to fill.
The time you set a room up for is the time the race starts. even if the room is open for an hour it will still start the race at the time stated in the settings. We do this in GT1, we time shift like mad :)
First off, I only want to use race cars but other than that I have no idea yet. Just started thinking about it now. GT300 > GT500 > GT3. GT300 > GT3 > LMP1 or 2? If we use LMP cars I want to allow TC and Stability Control.
my vote would be gt300>gt3>and LMP.
And Ascari because why the **** not?! We never get to and this is a good opportunity.
I would be out with Ascari. Why because it's not a race track it's a hot lap track.

-Good to know about the time. I want to go all day and have early morning fog (weather at 25% with 0 change), then midday sunshine, then race into the sunset.

-I know you're loving that LMP2 Zytek hehe

-Fair enough. I think there's room to race but I would hate to lose you. No Ascari then.

Rally cars on the arena courses. tight with a little bit of bash and thrash like Global Rally Cross.

Haven't done anything. GT6 has been pretty boring for me lately. Maybe we can get a list of who has project cars and we can do something there

Since the penguin hasn't put anything together I will look at it today. it will be 3 races, races cars progressing from low horsepower to high horsepower, all on the same track with time change. I will post when I have a room open if anyone wants to have input into it.

Thanks dude. I don't have any extra time for testing it anything. If anyone else wants to run with it I'll try to show up

The penguin has abandoned us for ps4 and superior graphics..

What are you thinking bird? gt3, gt5 and lmp?

Not just graphics, the sounds, the camera movement, the new tracks to learn... okay I don't wanna rub it in :P

Holiday lineup:

RX7 GT300 Base Model '06 (SS)
Supra GT500 Base Model '05 (RH)
TS030 Hybrid '12 (RM)

Basic Settings
Room Mode -- Practice/Qualifier/Endurance for race 1 Practice/Endurance for race 2 and 3
Room Privacy -- Club Only

Room Settings
Room Comment -- Memorial Day Race (or for non 'mericans sunday) :)
Race Quality -- High
Voice Chat Quality -- Standard
Fixed Room Host -- Depends on host preference
Max. Number of Participants -- 16

Course -- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Weather -- 0
Time -- Race 1 (08:00), Race 2 (11:00), Race 3 (18:00)

Time Progression -- 4

Weather Changeability -- 0
Surface Water at Race Start -- 0

Qualifier Settings
Race Format -- Race Alone
Start Type -- Final Corner Start
Time Limit -- 6 minutes
Race Settings
Race Length-- 30 Minutes
Hold Races Automatically -- Disabled
Start Type -- Grid Start or Double File Rolling Start if available
Grid Order --Fastest First for race 1 -- Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results for race 2 and 3
Boost -- Off
Penalty -- None
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption -- Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge -- Real
Minimum Number of Pit Stops -- 0
Require Tire Type Change -- off
Visible Damage -- Off
Mechanical Damage -- Light
Slipstream Strength -- Real

Last edited:
Why not use the Peugeot LMP since it's a base model? Just curious. How long will the races be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back