**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
-Party Chat open
-Race Room Open
ID: 0475 4170 9058 1961 8372

Please clear cache before entering. Good luck.

Damn internet is out...been having issues all day..Spectrum, dont wait on me if I can get it back on I'll go for 2nd race!

There is a Spectrum internet outage all over the St. Louis area!!! I doubt I make it back. Sorry everyone, good luck tonight!

Last edited:
Sorry guys. This car and the low grip is too much for me to overcome with a pad :banghead:. I'll catch you all on the next one. Happy Holidays!
No problem Roman. It's hard enough on the wheel on these RH tires, I cant imagine on a pad. Have a great Holiday and see you at our next one. Btw, keep an eye on the thread, the next Event will either be a short 3 week turn around or a 5 week dependant upon other scheduling. I'll keep ya posted.

What a great night of racing! It took a long time but everything finally worked out where I could fit into the schedule. I didn't expect much at Barcelona since it's not a favorite of mine but apparently I was quick. Are some people not tuning so much or what tunes are you using? I quickly grabbed the Praiano with Nova's tweaks and moved Brake Balance to -2 for a bit more rotation, and -1 for the second half of the race as tires wore out a bit. It was great to check the track map and still see multiple cars in close proximity after a full 40 minutes of racing. That means there are plenty of evenly matched drivers and that's great to see as well. Thanks for the series, Nova!

8575429845948859920_0.jpg

Event #5 Post Race Report
and Scoring
What a night of racing to everyone on track tonight. From qualifying to race pace, to the door to door and nose to tail battles, tonight was another great event in the books. I'm sure others had some great battles on track, but from my view on the night, @nmcp1 and I literally ran nose to tail, shuffling positions multiple times for 4th place for the entire 40 minutes...take a peak at the replay if you have the time. Race 2 afforded much the same... great battles with @TomMang_68, @Fudman420, @USERID_77a23, and again Nuno, but this time with the fast paced @GTP_Guido stalking behind me. That's just from my view as I'm sure many tonight had their own on track war stories. In the end, the consistency and patience of our winner on the night paid off.
Congratulations GTP_Guido on the overall win on the night just edging out the 2nd place finisher by 1 point. A nod to @DesertPenguin for setting the pole, and fast laps on the night (I see a bump coming ;))

The score sheet is displayed below in the spoiler box. Total race time and fast lap times still need to entered, but the important stuff is ready. As you will see, there were a few ties in points on the night showing just how close the competition is in this series.

**If there are any incidents that anyone would like to have reviewed, please file your IR per the instructions in the first post, tab 4.1 by this Monday, 8pm est**

Again, great racing, and thanks to all of you for your commitment, communication, and overall sportsmanship.

Event #6 details, date, venue, etc will be posted later this week. Stay up to date with the thread. I will see some of you for the Lamborghini Super Trofeo series Event #1 next Friday, and the rest of you, have a safe and Happy Holiday.
:cheers:
II-NOVA-II
Chris

Last edited:
Gentlemen,
I played back the replay from Race 1, bomraodcasting it to YouTube while trying to catch as much of the passes and battles as they were happening. All I have to say is, WOW! After 40 minutes of racing, we had 4 different sets of cars grouped very close together at the finish line, awesome battle at the front between, Rob Brown, DesertPenguin, and GTP_GUIDO, my battle with nmcp1, and Tex and User had a nice run going, and basswerks1, Johnnyg_91, Onyx58, and Phlano099 had a 4 car war going on toward the back of the field. Again, great racing everyone.

If you have a computer or smart tv and just want something in the background while doing something else, or just need to kill some time, this replay is a good watch.

Can also be found by searching: snailgt3cupevent5

Enjoy.

7277817000602108936_0.jpg

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge

Event #6, Friday
January 3rd, 2020
at WeatherTech Raceway
Laguna Seca

(There will be a short 3 week turnaround to Event #6 to avoid scheduling conflicts with the Snail Invitational schedule.)

Race Event Settings and Details

Track: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Time of Day: 14:30 Afternoon
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (40 min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (40 min), Reverse Grid

Vehicle
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning Permitted

Target lap time spread: TBD

Linked for Reference
SNAIL- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Qualifying Procedure

-Above are all the Event #6 details for anyone who would like to get a jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post will be posted to the thread on Monday, December 23rd, 2019. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See some of you this Friday at 9pm est for the Lamborghini Super Trofeo series and the rest of you on the grid on Race Night.

Last edited:
Back