**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Cleanracer/GentlemanRacer has retired from the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series due to personal obligations and lack of time.

His primary driver grid spot was offered to the Reserve drivers, and CPT_ROWDYGIFF was the first reply to claim the opening.

@CPT_RowdyGiff has confirmed his attendance for Event #3 and will be racing as a Platinum Class primary driver for the TOPPRACING No. 10 car. Welcome to the series and good luck on race night.

Last edited:
Announcement
Open Primary grid spot to be offered this evening, Sunday, 10/13/19
DesertPenguin has notified that he has a broken foot and will be absent for Event #3 this upcoming Friday which is his 3rd consecutive absence of the season. Therefore his primary grid spot is being offered some time this evening. Stay posted and ready on the forum. A posting in the October Reserve driver Newsfeed will be issued, and the first Reserve driver to reply to that post will earn the open Primary grid spot. Good luck.

Last edited:
Announcement
Open Primary grid spot to be offered this evening, Sunday, 10/13/19
DesertPenguin has notified that he will be absent for Event #3 this upcoming Friday which is his 3rd consecutive absence of the season. Therefore his primary grid spot is being offered some time this evening. Stay posted and ready on the forum. A posting in the October Reserve driver Newsfeed will be issued, and the first Reserve driver to reply to that post will earn the open Primary grid spot. Good luck.
A broken foot will do that to ya. Probably 6-8 weeks for a full heal?

I have reviewed the series details and would like to participate in this series as a reserve driver.
Welcome to the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series as a Reserve Driver. Please review the link below regarding Reserve Drivers Process.
Reserve Driver Process
(Basically, be one of the first few Reserve drivers to confirm availability to have the best chance of getting an opened grid spot.)

You will be Classed as a Gold Class driver and will race on Race Medium tires at all times.

Be sure to Add all Gold Class Reserve liveries linked at the bottom of the Reserve Driver Process link shown above, and spec your car to the required regulations: 491hp/2723lbs
Also make sure to apply a tune of your liking to the car to get the most stability and confidence out of it. The linked list of tunes is shown in the 1st post. Try one that works best for you.

Lastly, you have been added to the Reserve Driver News Feed for October 2019. Please look through those posts, and stay up to date and ready for any posts that come through, especially the 2 weeks before scheduled race night. Also, be sure to select the "watch thread" option so notifications are recieved.

Since the Confirmation post is already out for this upcoming event, you are welcome to confirm availability to race if needed. Please post if you are available here in the thread, and if so, be active in this thread around 5pm this Friday for further instruction.

Welcome to the series, and look forward to racing with you again.:cheers:

Last edited:
i am available to race if needed as a reserve.
Great to have you. I'm still awaiting confirmations to attend from 2 primary drivers. If not recieved by 5pm est Friday by one or both of them, you will be guaranteed a spot on the grid this week. Get some practice in and have the liveries ready.:cheers:

7062309420338775048_0.jpg

Event #3 at Nurburgring GP Circuit

Alright Drivers,
Race night is almost here:gtpflag:
I'm awaiting the status of 1 primary driver, however a Reserve is available and ready to race if needed, so it looks like we should have 16 drivers on the grid for the second event in a row.

Event details and the Confirmation post is link below for reference

Event #3 Race Night Details
Event #3 Confirmation Post

**Reserve Drivers, please see your gtplanet PM inbox after 5pm est for Race Night Reserve Driver status**

A Reminder to all Drivers on the grid tonight, please remember this a Snail sanctioned event, and all lobby, chat, and on track rules and etiquette apply. Let's make this race night another example of the upper level racing we strive to achieve.

In the event an incident occurs that you feel needs to be reviewed, follow the Penalty IR filing instructions in the first post, tab 4.1
1st Post of Thread

Event #3 Race Room will be opened (or reset if opened for warmup early) at 9:15pm est.
Please clear your network cache before entering room. Once in, please make your entry, but do not enter the track until instructed. All entries of confirmed drivers must be made by 9:30pm est. Review the qualifying procedure if not completely familiar before entering room so we get get things going without issue.

If anyone is going to be unable to make the race night last minute, please notify me via gtplanet or psn by:
9pm est

If anyone is going to be late for the 9:30pm est entry cutoff, please notify me also by 9pm est.
**YOUR SPOT WILL BE HELD FOR YOU IF I AM NOTIFIED before 9pm.**

Looking forward to the racing will all of you, and good luck to everyone on the grid.:cheers:

For anyone still up, I will be opening a night owl practice room around 11:45pm-12am est.

Last edited:
A formidable team!!!
I like our chances, but that TPC Racing team has had some strong showings so far this season, as well as ACI Motorsports, led by nmcp1, even with some driver turn around in the second slot. With ACI's driver situation now stable, that is going to be a tough team to try and chase down along with TPC Racing. Still a long season to go.:cheers:

Last edited:
RACE NIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT
16 player Party Chat Policy
Beginning with Event #3 and all Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Events thereafter, we will open the use of the Party Chat feature at the opening of the Race Room with the following Rules:

1.) It is encouraged, but not required that drivers enter the Open party chat to help in the flow of communication to start the night. (Especially drivers new to the series)
2.) Open Conversation is allowed at the opening of the Race Room to the official start of Qualifying, approximately 9:30pm est. *ALL MICs MUST BE MUTED AT THIS TIME, thru Qualifying, and Race 1* (Host will remind all drivers to please mute mics before the call to start qualifying)
3.) Once the race finish countdown is complete, drivers may resume un-muted conversation up to the call to mute mics before the next race.
4.) After the final race finish countdown is complete, drivers may resume party conversations.

Be reminded that no discussions regarding on track incidents are to be discussed, except obviously, if it is simply an apology and no more. Please review the penalty guidelines for more detail on this policy.

And Lastly,

**Please don't be that guy who has their mic on the whole race** (If your headphones do not have a mute feature, simply leave the party chat before the Qualifying Session begins**

Hopefully this will add to the overall quality of these Events.

Latest Posts

Back