*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
@llNovall Appreciate the invite but I only have time to focus on one series right now. Busy period at work coming to a close at the end of May so I'll reassess then!

I saw your request and cannot do it just yet.. I am going on a trip soon and will miss some time. I will let you know as soon as it changes. I am interested

@Valex
Based on your TT results, you will be placed in the Platinum Class for this series which requires that you run on the race hard compound tires.
Below is the Platinum Class Reserve Livery for the Flying Lizard Motorsports team. Good luck to you and @Phlano099 tonight. See you at 9pm est.

@ruggermole
@rsrgse
@Track_King47
I placed you fellas on the reserve roster to be tagged for upcoming events in this series. If available down the line, simply confirm as such and work on the car build to be ready if/when you are. Hope to get you guys on the grid at some point.

1 Reserve is needed to cover the Wright Motorsports team for tonight, and if
@MrDonovan and @Kgffy are not able to race, 2 more will be needed.

@MikeGrove
@Kermit_2142
@SydViscus
@aedenmaddok
@DublDee
If anyone is available, please post in the thread.

Pre Race Drivers Briefing to be up later.

S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file Event #8.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Event #8
at Spa Francorchamps
May 6th, 2022
resuming on GT7
The time has finally arrived, after a 2 month break in the season, to resume and finish Season 3 on GT7 and under an updated series title, cars, and Regulations.
Tonight, we go to Spa...a very technical and challenging track. Gold Class drivers tend to experience a significant advantage at this track with the added grip afforded by the race medium compound tires, but reports throughout the week have shown that quite a few Platinum Class Drivers are ready to take their consistency onto strong finishes.
But, beware that Spa has a few high risk spots that can take easy victims, and be sure to pick your overtake attempts wisely...1 failed attempt at one position could at any time cost three. Very much looking forward to getting back on track with everyone, and am excited to run these newly spec'd "Cup" cars for the real deal.

As always mentioned, patience, especially in the opening laps and busy race traffic,
minimal mistakes, and great lap consistency yields the best results. Hold your lines and observe your opponent's corner rights when in close battles. Lets continue to uphold the standards that Snail is best known for.
Good luck to all drivers attending tonight's event.

2 wheels on or inside the white line on runoff areas, or on the checkered curbing at all times.
(Corners can be clipped aggressively, but keep it legal)

Make sure to keep it legal at El Rouge and Blanchimont.
Screenshot_20220506-084027_Samsung Internet.jpg
Fuel should not be a factor for this event, but depending on gearing it could be very close.

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE.
See the bottom of the 1st for "Quick Links" for car build details, new regulation announcements, and especially the new Rolling Start Procedure

Also, drivers are reminded that this series implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

Please reply below or message me up to 9pm est if any Reserves would like to race. Livery will be sent to you.

(Strike thru)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23(Platinum)1st
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum) 3rd
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold) 2nd
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@Valex /Valex997 (Platinum) 1st R
2nd Reserve Needed
3rd Reserve Needed
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)
@ruggermole / ruggermole (Gold)
@rsrgse / rsrgse (Platinum)
@Track_King47 / (Gold)

Any additional Reserves or Snail members that are available, please reply if interested in Racing tonight and begin preparing a "Cup" car based on the Car Build Quick Link.
We are possibly in need of at least 2 Reserve Drivers for tonight if @MrDonovan and @Kgffy cannot attend.
Lets have a clean and competitive race night typical of our Snail standards, and good luck to all drivers on the grid for Event #8, our 1st official race night on GT7.

Last edited:
Breaking News from BFD Media

Recent rumors have proven true as NGT Motorsport announced yesterday the departure of driver @IceWarden from the team. A PR rep talking about the change was overhead at a Chipotle by one of our crackpot reporters.

“Ice was a great driver for the team. Funny guy. We’re going to miss him. We don’t know anything about this other guy. Baloney Bird? or Bologna Duck? Whatever. We don’t care about the driver. We just want the livery. Great exposure for the team this season wherever what’s-his-name places. Hey, are you recording this? What the…”.

939594F9-561E-4D5D-967C-FA5AADA9DCFA.jpeg

Good racing tonight guys! I’m pretty sure all of us spun at least once haha. Can’t wait till then next one👍
Congrats sir :cheers: . Insane pace despite the current handicapp....eventually I'm gonna find a formula that parachutes you and that car...lol. Great racing and awesome work on that Race 2 chase to the finish line for a 3rd place photo finish. Can't wait to broadcast these replays. See you at our next one.👍

180b00f4ace47-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422917026196450_1652019633579~2.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #8
at Spa Francorchamps
May 6th, 2021
A return to racing for the Porsche series with many changes, except one: this group of drivers. Though we had to overcome some growing pains and make procedural adjustments to work our series into GT7, our opening night on the title delivered the same edge of the seat racing that we knew before.

Qualifying was terrible for me, finding no pace at all. However, once Race 1 started and I had someone to chase, my pace improved. I had a few short battles early, and then settled into 7th place to drive to the finish line. Those drivers at the front, feel free to share from your pov, any battles that you had.
Race 2....oh, Race 2. Race 2 was one for the books for me. I started 6th on the rolling start. I was handed a few spots due to other driver mistakes, finding my way into 3rd place early with eyes steadily on @JDMKING13 in 2nd place. After the first few laps, I was within striking distance. JDM went in a little hot for Malmedy allowing me to close onto his bumper with a run to the next corner. I managed to make a move to the inside when the door was open with JDM holding his line. We proceeded side by side thru Speakers corner with him to my left, and still holding his line while affording me space on mine. Going into the double apex left hander, JDM had a nose until I took a late lunge on the outside...hi risk, to the point I felt my rear being pressed outward from JDM's right front corner. JDM though, checked up, allowing my car to settle mid corner and finish the overtake which allowed @Yugofan to sneak through before he closed the door to hold @fruitloop31 at bay. While this was a loss of positions for him, JDM's racecraft was a perfect example of good, hard, and clean racing. Great driving sir. :cheers: Now, this is where the main battle ramped up. While attacking JDM, Yugo was steady mounting his own attack. From lap 4 to lap 17 Yugo and fruitloop applied steady and constant pressure, each having turns to attack. Yugo had the best shot with a lunge down the inside at Turn 1 that took him wide allowing me to pull an over-under to get a nose back on him before the entrance to El Rouge. From there, the pressure just continued. I was literally counting down the laps wondering how long I was going to be able to hold the defense.....until the end of lap 17. With Yugo dancing back and forth in my mirror on approach to the hi speed kink, I distracted and looked into my mirror. This was just enough for me to miss my mark, taking me onto the track runnoff, and before I could gather the car up to return to the track, I found a berm where it changed to grass, launching the car into a spin and across the track. @Phlano099 was the closest call in this incident, but the adjustment he and @Rob Brown had to make to avoid collision, allowed fruitloop a 1 lap attack to find the podium. At mid lap, he claimed Rob, and toward the end of the lap he closed down on Phlano, catching him in the final chicane, and drag racing him to win 3rd place for race 2 by a nose at the finish line. Epic race all around. @Valex had a little shoulder rubbing early in the race, but was untouchable once he found seperation from the pack. Nice work sir on your first series race win.

I'm still working on getting the race Broadcasts together, but please feel free to share any of your battles and perspectives here in the thread if you'd like.

Great racing to all drivers for Event #8. :cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #8 Winner
@fruitloop31
:cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @fruitloop31
2ND: @Yugofan
3RD: @Phlano099

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A removal of 1% weight adjustment was made, and based on the amended success penalty system, 1% hp (5hp) was deducted in its place, and another 1%hp (5hp) was deducted for this event. This places fruitloop at max +4% weight, and -2%hp (approx 10hp). 2% weight ballast add for 2nd place, and 1% add for 3rd place.

Amendment to Ballasting Rule:
By request from the only Platinum driver to have maxed out the ballast system, the following will be edited into the rules:
Once a Platinum driver maxes out at 4 points/weight levels of ballast, any further podium finishes (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) will earn a 1%hp (approx 5hp) deduction for eachbon top of the max weight penalty.
This will allow even the fastest drivers to reach their ceiling of challenge within the series, but still remain competitive.

1 point/weight level of Ballast will still be removed from any Platinum drivers with ballast applied for any finish outside the top 8.

No incidents were reported for this event.

Screenshot_20220510-190221_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220510-190242_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220510-190337_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20220510-190105_Sheets.jpg
180b00e698625-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911066999412_1651996355466~2.jpg
180b00ec3104-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911091910253_1651996452774~2.jpg

180b00ed43d71-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911129159247_1651996598278~2.jpg
180b00eb31620-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911003196066_1651996106234~2.jpg
180b00ee2a420-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911149759574_1651996678748~2.jpg
180b00e9fad41-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422910987720353_1651996045782~2.jpg
180b00eef6b50-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911201320224_1651996880157~2.jpg
180b00efd6691-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911234609315_1651997010192~2.jpg
180b00f2fa416-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911305673118_1651997287785~2.jpg
180b00f0ce190-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911256182581_1651997094463~2.jpg
180b00f3d8b14-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422911323687611_1651997358154~2.jpg
180b00f4ace47-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422917026196450_1652019633579~2.jpg
Event #8 Replay Broadcasts
Race 1
In Processing

Race 2
In Processing
For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3supercup
Race 1

Race 2

Roster Changes:

None

As always, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #8 and looking forward to our next race event on June 3rd. :cheers:
Next Points Event:
Event #9 at
Nurburgring GP
Condition: TBD
on Friday, June 3rd, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come as we get closer.

Last edited:
View attachment 1148793
Post Race Report
Event #8
at Spa Francorchamps
May 6th, 2021
A return to racing for the Porsche series with many changes, except one: this group of drivers. Though we had to overcome some growing pains and make procedural adjustments to work our series into GT7, our opening night on the title delivered the same edge of the seat racing that we knew before.

Qualifying was terrible for me, finding no pace at all. However, once Race 1 started and I had someone to chase, my pace improved. I had a few short battles early, and then settled into 7th place to drive to the finish line. Those drivers at the front, feel free to share from your pov, any battles that you had.
Race 2....oh, Race 2. Race 2 was one for the books for me. I started 6th on the rolling start. I was handed a few spots due to other driver mistakes, finding my way into 3rd place early with eyes steadily on @JDMKING13 in 2nd place. After the first few laps, I was within striking distance. JDM went in a little hot for Malmedy allowing me to close onto his bumper with a run to the next corner. I managed to make a move to the inside when the door was open with JDM holding his line. We proceeded side by side thru Speakers corner with him to my left, and still holding his line while affording me space on mine. Going into the double apex left hander, JDM had a nose until I took a late lunge on the outside...hi risk, to the point I felt my rear being pressed outward from JDM's right front corner. JDM though, checked up, allowing my car to settle mid corner and finish the overtake which allowed @Yugofan to sneak through before he closed the door to hold @fruitloop31 at bay. While this was a loss of positions for him, JDM's racecraft was a perfect example of good, hard, and clean racing. Great driving sir. :cheers: Now, this is where the main battle ramped up. While attacking JDM, Yugo was steady mounting his own attack. From lap 4 to lap 17 Yugo and fruitloop applied steady and constant pressure, each having turns to attack. Yugo had the best shot with a lunge down the inside at Turn 1 that took him wide allowing me to pull an over-under to get a nose back on him before the entrance to El Rouge. From there, the pressure just continued. I was literally counting down the laps wondering how long I was going to be able to hold the defense.....until the end of lap 17. With Yugo dancing back and forth in my mirror on approach to the hi speed kink, I distracted and looked into my mirror. This was just enough for me to miss my mark, taking me onto the track runnoff, and before I could gather the car up to return to the track, I found a berm where it changed to grass, launching the car into a spin and across the track. @Phlano099 was the closest call in this incident, but the adjustment he and @Rob Brown had to make to avoid collision, allowed fruitloop a 1 lap attack to find the podium. At mid lap, he claimed Rob, and toward the end of the lap he closed down on Phlano, catching him in the final chicane, and drag racing him to win 3rd place for race 2 by a nose at the finish line. Epic race all around. @Valex had a little shoulder rubbing early in the race, but was untouchable once he found seperation from the pack. Nice work sir on your first series race win.

I'm still working on getting the race Broadcasts together, but please feel free to share any of your battles and perspectives here in the thread if you'd like.

Great racing to all drivers for Event #8. :cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #8 Winner
@fruitloop31
:cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @fruitloop31
2ND: @Yugofan
3RD: @Phlano099

Ballast adjustments have been posted. A removal of 1% weight adjustment was made, and based on the amended success penalty system, 1% hp (5hp) was deducted in its place, and another 1%hp (5hp) was deducted for this event. This places fruitloop at max +4% weight, and -2%hp (approx 10hp). 2% weight ballast add for 2nd place, and 1% add for 3rd place.

Amendment to Ballasting Rule:
By request from the only Platinum driver to have maxed out the ballast system, the following will be edited into the rules:
Once a Platinum driver maxes out at 4 points/weight levels of ballast, any further podium finishes (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) will earn a 1%hp (approx 5hp) deduction for eachbon top of the max weight penalty.
This will allow even the fastest drivers to reach their ceiling of challenge within the series, but still remain competitive.

1 point/weight level of Ballast will still be removed from any Platinum drivers with ballast applied for any finish outside the top 8.

No incidents were reported for this event.

Event #8 Replay Broadcasts
Race 1
In Processing

Race 2
In Processing
For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3supercup
Race 1

Race 2

Roster Changes:

None

As always, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended Event #8 and looking forward to our next race event on June 3rd. :cheers:
Next Points Event:
Event #9 at
Nurburgring GP
Condition: TBD
on Friday, June 3rd, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come as we get closer.
I confirm

S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file main primary roster.png~2.jpg

GT7 Season 3
Porsche GT3 Supercup Challenge

Event #9
at Nurburgring GP
Friday, June 3rd, 2022
at 9:00pm est
Confirmation Reminder Post

Alright Gentlemen,
The Porsche GT3 SuperCup series continues next Friday, June 3rd at 9pm est at the Nurburgring GP circuit. I'd ask that all drivers please continue to carefully review the Interim Race and Start Procedures Link to re-familiarize yourselves with the qualifying procedures and the 2x2 rolling start. See the specific start point and details within the Confirmation Reminder in the tab below.
Please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

1st Post of Thread (All series information can be found here)

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

Be sure to check your specs:
Next Event Ballast and Weight Chart

Event Details:
Track: Nurburgring GP
Conditions: preset, afternoon, SO4
Laps: 20 laps
(1 formation/start lap, then 20 laps to equal 40 minutes +)

Car: '16 Porsche 911 GT3RS
(See bottom of first post for "Quick Link" for a build list of required parts)

Tuning: Permitted
ABS: Allowed/NO other aids

Rolling Start Point
The lead row may start/accelerate at the Gran Turismo banner after the exit of turn 7 leading up to the Schumacher S. Drivers may warm tires by gently weaving up to turn 6, and everyone should begin getting into 2x2 formation on the straight between turns 6&7.

Screenshot_20220527-160554_YouTube.jpg

-All drivers following must NOT jump the start...wait for the driver in front of you to accelerate or be sure to time it properly.
-the race start will be reviewed after every race. Any Drivers deemed to have jumped the start, gaining a significant advantage or causing incident will be issued a minimum 10 point penalty assessed against their overall score for the night.
-In the event of a major incident, drivers involved are asked to type or come over the mic and request a Restart Caution. The Race Director will instruct, over the mic, for all drivers to regroup in order of current placement when the Restart Caution is ordered (not qualifying order), and which side odd and even places are to form up. Drivers may warm tires, but must be in 2x2 formation by the start/finish line. Lead driver will set and hold the pace at 50mph, and will restart at the predetermined start point noted above.
-If an incident occurs again, drivers are to resume racing and the restart will be reviewed post event.
-This is the only circumstance for a Caution to be issued in this series.

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers:
-open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their availability first. Whether you confirmed early, or after the Confirmation Reminder Post is posted, your confirmation of availability date and time will be referenced for priority on race night. Confirm early to give you the best chances to race if abcense(s) occurs.

Anyone with a 👍 has been confirmed and noted to be present for Friday, June 3rd. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (day before race night)
Please reply either way

Looking forward to our next race at:
See Above^^^
<<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice.) See you all on track.:cheers:

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
👍 @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
👍 @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
(?) @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
👍 @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
👍 @Valex /Valex997 (Platinum) 1st R
(X) @Track_King47 / (Gold)

I plan to have a few late afternoon practices next week after work...between 4-5pm est.. Hope to see some of you then.

Last edited:
Confirm, but I heard there's glitching problems again with the lobbies since the update yesterday. Think we'll need a quick night to test it out.
It is hit or miss. We had all kinds of issues for the last Michelin Event at the onset, but once we finally got sorted in our Friends Only Lobby, we were able to get Race 1 started with everything stabilized and overall very good. We'll just have to see where it is on race night, and hopefully we will get some feedback from any practice lobbies during the week and this weekend. See ya then.👍

Reminder to confirm attendance for Event #9, this Friday 6/3/22.

A minimum of 11 drivers on the grid will be needed for me to host/direct Friday's race event. Please confirm your status/availability as soon as possible.

👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
👍 @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
👍 @MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
👍 @Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
👍 @Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
👍 @socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
👍 @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
👍 @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
(?) @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
👍 @Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
👍 @Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
👍 @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
👍 @Valex /Valex997 (Platinum) 1st R
(X) @Track_King47 / (Gold)

Last edited:
Unfortunately it doesn't and we'll everyone talks about the GT DD Pro on the forums when I looked up settings. Still haven't found one yet I can feel what the car is doing and IMO there's no point in spending hours tuning if I can't feel what the car is doing

Unfortunately it doesn't and we'll everyone talks about the GT DD Pro on the forums when I looked up settings. Still haven't found one yet I can feel what the car is doing and IMO there's no point in spending hours tuning if I can't feel what the car is doing
@Rob Brown
He usually has good knowledge and input on the podium.

@Rob Brown
He usually has good knowledge and input on the podium.
Indeed. I’ve tweaked a few minor things but generally have followed Rob.

I read the link Nova posted and tracked down this shot for DD1 by Nick Park posted on May 29 under the main Fanatec GT7 thread. Will be trying this later today.

GT7 in Game Settings:
Force Feedback Max Torque: 10
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

0576E3BF-E283-47C2-A001-0410A757E55A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back