SNAIL Race of Champions

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 519 comments
Looks like we will have 10 people confirmed coming to the ROC. Looking forward seeing you guys there.

I think @MajorBlixem is set up to host the room

I will be the backup host and second steward.

Below is what the list look like at the time of posting this.

Click on the table to see the latest version

upload_2016-4-7_23-14-50.png
@Matthew Barry , @racingchamp30 , @socalnatv , @Drewspeed , @Die_Birdy_Die , @USERID_77a23 , @Raw10_2u , @Kgffy , @nmcp1 , @TBongX , @Ness , @Grandpa Money , @whatbadgerseat

Remember the room opens at 9:00 pm Eastern Time on Friday April 8, 2016. We would like to get going by 9:30 PM

If you are "pending" and are now available, let us know asap.

Sorry for the late notice but something has come up and I cannot race tonight. Hopefully you can find someone to fill my space.

Here are the provisional grid positions and delay start time for tonight. We will confirm these start times tonight before the race
Mar 16 Grid.jpg

Interesting trend when I look at the numbers:

- With the Elise the majority improved on their Season's best time. That's probably the reason why it was popular - every time you drive it you seem to find time, so you want to try again.

- The BRZ seems to be the biggest challenge to get back into the groove. Only two people improved on their seasonal's bests. It's popularity was probably because it was a fairly easy car to handle, but challenging to drive on the limit.

- With the HSV it is about 50/50, but lap times were very close to seasonal bests (except for @racingchamp30 who blew his best time out of the water).

@Kgffy, about last night.The flashing headlights thing turned my crank.Autobahn language for"get out of my way".Sorry for the block,but it got on my nerves seeing those lights flashing,you achieved your goal,.....

@Kgffy, about last night.The flashing headlights thing turned my crank.Autobahn language for"get out of my way".Sorry for the block,but it got on my nerves seeing those lights flashing,you achieved your goal,.....

Your right I should of had more patience, just saw sand getting away and I got couple gd runs, I don't like when people honk and flash me but it's best just to focus on are driving, it's always responsibility of driver with more pace to pass clean, whitch I raced u hard there but clean.

Interesting trend when I look at the numbers:

- With the Elise the majority improved on their Season's best time. That's probably the reason why it was popular - every time you drive it you seem to find time, so you want to try again.

- The BRZ seems to be the biggest challenge to get back into the groove. Only two people improved on their seasonal's bests. It's popularity was probably because it was a fairly easy car to handle, but challenging to drive on the limit.

- With the HSV it is about 50/50, but lap times were very close to seasonal bests (except for @racingchamp30 who blew his best time out of the water).

I still say the D1 D2 guys should have a second or two drop off their start times. It's 1 thing to me fast but it's different to be fast and get through the traffic cleanly.

So stop looking in your mirror :) that's what caused my crashes last time started focusing on who was coming instead of hitting my marks.

I still say the D1 D2 guys should have a second or two drop off their start times. It's 1 thing to me fast but it's different to be fast and get through the traffic cleanly.

So stop looking in your mirror :) that's what caused my crashes last time started focusing on who was coming instead of hitting my marks.

I don't race in my mirror for the most part,I keep track of pace behind me to avoid problems when behind drivers are attempting to pass.The headlight flashing grabbed my attention (lost my focus),which in turn caused me to use bad judgement. I changed my line once(per the OLR)which the moderator pointed out.I was told that flashing your headlights or honking your horn is against the OLR,I have not been able to find this piece of legislation.Could someone clarify please?

I don't race in my mirror for the most part,I keep track of pace behind me to avoid problems when behind drivers are attempting to pass.The headlight flashing grabbed my attention (lost my focus),which in turn caused me to use bad judgement. I changed my line once(per the OLR)which the moderator pointed out.I was told that flashing your headlights or honking your horn is against the OLR,I have not been able to find this piece of legislation.Could someone clarify please?

Even when i am in the lead, i will look at the rear view mirror from time to time but i don't if my lead is big enough, at least 1 second or more. It is fun and challenging.

April 2016 Race of Champions

Date: Friday, May 6, 2016
Time: 9:30 PM ET

upload_2016-5-4_0-34-54.png

Fixed Driver Seeding
upload_2016-5-4_13-17-57.png

Registration Form
Fill out the form linked above to register for the event. The registration deadline is 10:30 PM ET, Thursday, May 5th. We ask that all drivers listed here, including the reserve drivers, fill out the form indicating their availability (Yes or No) for the event.

Automatic Qualifiers:

@TEX36, @socalnatv, @Grandpa Money, @turnupdaheat, @singlepaddy, @MajorBlixem, @JJLopez427, @lllTrick, @Kgffy, @Drewspeed, @TXAH606, @TomMang_68, @Xradkins

Reserve Drivers:
@llNovall, @TBongX, @Engmatic1, @USERID_77a23, @Ricky_Blayz

Edit: Fixed error in the driver seeding table. Dropped @Matthew Barry from table and added @Ricky_Blayz. Also, the seed order has changed some.

Last edited:
April 2016 Race of Champions

Date: Friday, May 6, 2016
Time: 9:30 PM ET

View attachment 543095

Driver Seeding

View attachment 543096
Registration Form
Fill out the form linked above to register for the event. The registration deadline is 10:30 PM ET, Thursday, May 5th. We ask that all drivers listed here, including the reserve drivers, fill out the form indicating their availability (Yes or No) for the event.

Automatic Qualifiers:

@TEX36, @Matthew Barry, @socalnatv, @Grandpa Money, @turnupdaheat, @singlepaddy, @MajorBlixem, @JJLopez427, @lllTrick, @Kgffy, @Drewspeed, @TXAH606, @TomMang_68, @Xradkins

Reserve Drivers:
@llNovall, @TBongX, @Engmatic1, @USERID_77a23
Done!

Thank you for the Invitation - however, I will not be available to participate.

Back