SNAIL - Survivor Series #4 - Next Event TBA

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 823 comments
Suggestion:

If you have more than 16 drivers you can divide the field into two equal parts and run a "pre-season" qualifier by eliminating enough players in each session to have 16 left for the "finals". As host you can be an automatic qualifier for the finals.. People can follow progress on Live Broadcast and know when to join the sessions

E.g.:
17 total players (including host). To eliminate 1: Two groups of 8 (plus the host) = Slowest overall race time between two races is eliminated (Host doesn't race).
18 players (including host). To eliminate 2: Group of 8 (plus host) and group of 9 (plus host) = eliminate last driver in each race. (host doesn't race)
19 players (including host). To eliminate 3: Two groups of 9 (plus host) = eliminate the slowest overall driver plus the second slowest driver in that group and the slowest driver in the other group (host doesn't race).
etc.....

In this way you can eliminate from 31 payers to 16 in two races without adding too much time to the night.

Good idea Red. Since we've had a few people drop out for tomorrows event I think we'll keep it as originally planned with the first 16 to enter the lobby be eligible for qualifying. There should only be a small handful of drivers that miss qualifying and they can join after the first heat. I'll go into detail about the structure later.

If and when we run this again and get a big turnout (25+ people) we'll have to look into using your method as it will definitely save us some time.

@SAMHAIN85 , Ran 10 laps today. FL - 1:49.3, Avg laps appear to be about 1:49.8-1:50.0

Ran on SM with 90/108

edited the time, it was wrong

You're a touch too quick with that FL. I raised your weight to 109% and marked you in yellow.

@thracerviewr @Rednose58 @spidermonkey @Grandpa Money you guys are all set and marked yellow. (G$ I moved you up on the sheet with everyone else that is also using SH's)

That leaves us with @FREEREVN @TomMang_68 @stelephant @Hanable @Oshawa-Joe @TexasJDC that havent posted in the thread their laptimes with the current specs.

I'm also leaving everyone that originally signed up but arent going to be racing. Their data will help in the future.

SURVIVOR SERIES

Event #1

wwe-ultimate-warrior-maske--world-wrestling-maske--ultimate-warrior-mask--bild4--28966.jpg

Lobby opens at 9PM EST

Qualifying from 9-9:30PM

First come first serve!

Our current list of drivers: @SAMHAIN85 @Neutty @spidermonkey @FREEREVN @Rednose58 @BradESPN @thracerviewr @Grandpa Money @RacingOtaku86 @Mully465 @DesertPenguin @TomMang_68 @Raw10_2u @stelephant @Hanable @Oshawa-Joe @JamCar0ne @TexasJDC @Nick Cannella

That puts us right at 19 if everyone shows up. If you want to qualify you need to join asap.

There should be no excuse for you to be using the wrong specs, especially now with the amount of testing we've done. Your car has them saved to your last used %'s and Tom and I will be checking them. But we are also sacrificing our own qualifying by having to take the time to do it. So just make everyones lives easier by entering the track with your correct specs.

If you are one of the few that cant join the lobby either message me on PSN or post in this thread
. You will get your chance to compete but we have to be notified.

If you happen to get DC'd during qualifying or need to leave the lobby for whatever reason your spot will not be saved. Its just one less thing for me to have to worry about and take care of during qually.

Qualifying ends at 9:30PM. I will call out in chat that qualifying is over. Finish your lap, pull over and stop. Just like we do on Sunday nights.

If all 19 entrants show up (16 in lobby qualifying and 3 waiting to join) we will run Heat #1 and eliminate the bottom 3 (14th 15th 16th) You will need to leave the lobby to make room for the 3 waiting to join. If you would like to watch how the event unfolds there will be multiple streams posted in this thread.

Then we run Heat #2 and the next bottom 3 are eliminated but can stay in the lobby to spectate if they choose. Then we just continue the night eliminating people heat after heat until we get to the final 2.

The tricky part:
I started to type out some scenarios in case myself, Tom, or the two of us get eliminated in the first two Heats. Since I'm the host and Tom is an official we wont be able to exit the lobby even if we are eliminated. So we wouldn't have 3 people entering the lobby, only 1 or 2. I think we'll have to use Rednose's method for the early eliminations. I will talk to you later about this Red.

Will add more tomorrow

Last edited:
Ill be there at 8:50est. Gotta make sure i got a spot. I haven't beenable to practice much but the settings you gave me sam i was running mid 50's i think. In the race the draft helped with the lower times.

I get out of work at 9 but it's close to home. I'll try to leave a little early to get a spot otherwise we'll do the elimination thing for the extra people

I'm 50/50 for tonight. Will see how I feel after work. Only a couple of hours with the new pedals but that shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully I feel up for it tonight. Otherwise I may just do a bit of Sport mode.

Just ran about 20 solo laps with the "new" settings (92-106, I had run them in a group previously) and the majority of my laps were in the 1:50.XXX range, clustered around 1:50.3XX, with some laps in the 1:51's (bad lines, not tuning) and a fast lap of 1:49.729. Seems about right?

Lets try this for tonight. If you have any suggestions post away, including you @Rednose58

I open the lobby at 9PM EST.

The qualifier is on an open track, so the sooner you get in the sooner you can start running qually laps.

If you arent one of the first 16 to enter, post a message in here asap. Open your own lobby for the time being if you need to practice. I think the stand-by drivers should be in a party chat with Tom and myself.

At 9:30PM I'll call out an end to qualifying. Finish your lap and park it. If by 9:30 you havent responded to this thread as a stand-by driver, you will not be racing.

Heat #1 eliminations will be based on how many stand-by drivers we have that couldnt join the lobby. If we have 3 stand-by drivers on deck we eliminate:

14th
15th
16th

If we have 2 stand-by drivers we eliminate:

15th
16th

If we have 1 stand-by driver we eliminate:

16th

If you are eliminated after Heat #1 you need to exit the lobby so we can make room for the stand by's.

Now comes the tricky part. If I get eliminated Heat #1 we have to change things up a bit:

3 stand- by drivers

13th: eliminated and exit lobby
14th: eliminated and exit lobby
15th: eliminated and exit lobby
16th: SAMHAIN85 eliminated but stays

2 stand-by drivers

1 stand-by driver

I've been trying to figure out a way to make sure Tom stays in the lobby if he gets eliminated since hes an official, but its just too difficult. So if Tom gets eliminated Heat #1, he will re-join after Heat #2 (one of the drivers eliminated Heat #2 will be asked to exit the lobby to make room for Tom)

I think that pretty much covers every scenario possible tonight. It may seem confusing, but theres a lot of "what if's" that can happen since it is unknown how many are showing up tonight.

This is still our schedule for tonight:

Qualify 9:00-9:30EST

Time of day: 6:30 clear
Grid Fastest First

Heat 1 (3laps)
16 entries
Top 13 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 2 (3laps)
Time of day: 8:00 fine weather
16 entries (3 stand bys)
Top 13 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 3 (3laps)
Time of day: 10:00 fine weather
13 entries
Top 10 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 4 (3laps)
Time of day: 13:00 cloudy
10 entries
Top 7 survive (3 KO's)

10 min break

Heat 5 (3laps)
Time of day: 16:30 clear
7 entries
Top 4 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 6 (3laps)
Time of day: 17:00 clear
4 entries
2 survive (2 KO's)

GRAND FINALS (6laps)
Time of day: 18:30 fine weather
2 entries
1 winner (1 KO)

We are targeting Heat #2 to have 16 entries. Then we go 13-10-7-4-2-1.

If I get eliminated Heat #1 we will have 15 entries. We still go 13-10-7-4-2-1

Last edited:
ANNOUNCEMENT:

To kick off our Inaugural Survivor Series

Tonight's Winner/Last Man Standing
will receive:

Amazon-Gift-Card.jpg

hqdefault (2).jpg

Also up for grabs is 5 $hells to whoever finishes best out of this group:

1 $hell buy-in

Entrants:
@SAMHAIN85
@TomMang_68
@stelephant
@JamCar0ne
@Raw10_2u

Now that the stakes have been raised, your racecraft should as well. This is a SNAIL sponsored event, and the OLR will be enforced. If you are found driving recklessly, not conceding when you are needed to, cutting corners, etc etc. you will be subject to penalties and might not be welcomed back in the future.

"Race hard, race clean, race SNAIL"

Well wifey got home and decided she wanted to take the dogs to the park. Will be pushing the start time very close.

Lets try this for tonight. If you have any suggestions post away, including you @Rednose58

I open the lobby at 9PM EST.

The qualifier is on an open track, so the sooner you get in the sooner you can start running qually laps.

If you arent one of the first 16 to enter, post a message in here asap. Open your own lobby for the time being if you need to practice. I think the stand-by drivers should be in a party chat with Tom and myself.

At 9:30PM I'll call out an end to qualifying. Finish your lap and park it. If by 9:30 you havent responded to this thread as a stand-by driver, you will not be racing.

Heat #1 eliminations will be based on how many stand-by drivers we have that couldnt join the lobby. If we have 3 stand-by drivers on deck we eliminate:

14th
15th
16th

If we have 2 stand-by drivers we eliminate:

15th
16th

If we have 1 stand-by driver we eliminate:

16th

If you are eliminated after Heat #1 you need to exit the lobby so we can make room for the stand by's.

Now comes the tricky part. If I get eliminated Heat #1 we have to change things up a bit:

3 stand- by drivers

13th: eliminated and exit lobby

2 stand-by drivers

1 stand-by driver

I've been trying to figure out a way to make sure Tom stays in the lobby if he gets eliminated since hes an official, but its just too difficult. So if Tom gets eliminated Heat #1, he will re-join after Heat #2 (one of the drivers eliminated Heat #2 will be asked to exit the lobby to make room for Tom)

I think that pretty much covers every scenario possible tonight. It may seem confusing, but theres a lot of "what if's" that can happen since it is unknown how many are showing up tonight.

This is still our schedule for tonight:

Qualify 9:00-9:30EST

Grid Fastest First

Heat 1 (3laps)
16 entries
Top 13 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 2 (3laps)
Time of day: 8:00 fine weather
16 entries (3 stand bys)
Top 13 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 3 (3laps)
Time of day: 10:00 fine weather
13 entries
Top 10 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 4 (3laps)
Time of day: 13:00 cloudy
10 entries
Top 7 survive (3 KO's)

10 min break

Heat 5 (3laps)
Time of day: 16:30 clear
7 entries
Top 4 survive (3 KO's)

Heat 6 (3laps)
Time of day: 17:00 clear
4 entries
2 survive (2 KO's)

GRAND FINALS (6laps)
Time of day: 18:30 fine weather
2 entries
1 winner (1 KO)

We are targeting Heat #2 to have 16 entries. Then we go 13-10-7-4-2-1

What is the starting order for heat 2? Based on previous race results will put the new members at the back of the grid.

I assume the grid starting order for the rest of night will be based on previous race results? So the front runners keep their advantage.

Correct fastest first all night. The stand-by's will be placed at the back of the grid for Heat #2.

FINAL SPECS

handicapsupdated7.PNG
handicapsupdated8.PNG

Last edited:
i'm good with 90/106 hitting mid 1:50's and better in the draft. My best time with this set up matched my previous best 1:50.279

Guys- Starting at 9pm I'll have a chat (by invite only) for the overflow when lobby is full at the beginning of the event. If you didn't make it into the lobby Message me via PSN (OMG_mang)and i will invite you to the "Green Room" Private Chat where you will be staged to enter the lobby once eliminations begin.

Once you enter the main lobby for racing you can leave the Green Room chat and make room for anyone else joining late

Last edited:
Sorry Red I missed that. Will update the sheet in a second.

Some things to think about:

Theres really no incentive for you to battle hard with others in the first few Heats if you're up front. Dont take any chances since you might end up taking not only yourself out, but others as well. Its the guys in the back that are fighting to survive.

During qualifying be aware about giving away your draft to someone on a hotlap behind you. We all run a 1:50 by ourselves, giving away your draft can easily put someone on pole. If you arent on a good lap, let them pass. This does not mean you're allowed to "draft dodge". One move off the racing line is all you get per SNAIL rules.

Back