So did you use your 15th AE cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter smskeeter23
  • 127 comments
  • 6,131 views
Messages
2,006
United States
Port Washington
Messages
GTP_skeeter23
During the preorder stage there was a LOT of debate on whether or not people would, should, or wouldn't use the AE cars in career mode early on.

I'll openly admit that I was one who didn't think I would use them at all other than "maybe" the focus. Well, given the truncated amount of time I've had to play, and the still horrid AI at the lower levels I did in fact use a few of them to get further ahead to the faster classes and slightly more challenging AI. After I secured the ib license and a few cars I wanted (mainly just for photos) I'm now happily on my way with detuned stock models. I'll pull out the AE's again when the heavy duty grinding starts to set in.

So did you use yours? Don't be afraid to be honest people LOL! Likewise, don't hate on the people who did decide to, it is after all their choice.
 
Very little but yes I used the Audi R18 in some of the LMP races and I used the GT40 in one of the supercar events
 
Why being afraid? :lol:

I use them like a boss since day one. And then started to use the ones I won and "mixing them". I probably bought no more than 20 cars in total (I have more than 60) because of the One Make races and some cars that I really wanted.

I did the same thing in GT5 with the Stealth and Chrome Line cars of my Signature Edition.

It is harder to make money now, since I don´t want to glitch to get millions...and there are specific cars that I already have...Why buy them again? After all, those cars are the same as the others just with minor changes and a different livery.
 
No I do not because because of Gamestop which they canceled my without giving a reason my Pre-Order THREE time I never got any 15th anniversary cars which they PISS me off.
 
Yes. I use the R18 the most. It has become my grinding car and is useful for the S-class events.
 
Last edited:
No I do not because because of Gamestop which they canceled my without giving a reason my Pre-Order THREE time I never got any 15th anniversary cars which they PISS me off.
Now that, sucks :irked:
 
Used a few of them. Ford GT40 The C7 Vette and the SLS GT3 so far
 
I know some people think its cheating to use them but I chose gamestop for a reason, to have the cars. If you think its unfair or cheating, you had the same opportunity to buy it. Its the same as getting $1m from amazon or buying credits in the game. I most certainly used them.
 
I only use them for arcade mode and as I hate the blue color with matching 15 decal I tend not to watch them in replays. Why make the cars so excrutiatingly ugly, should have left them with an original paint with the 15 adorning them in different ways and not all with the same blue paint with the 15 going down the left side. Lack of imagination right there, makes me avoid using them in career mode as I like to watch my replays and seeing that blue eyesore is punishment.
 
I was thinking of not using. But the urge to drive them was too strong. I pretty much drove a different car on every race, still do.
 
I had to settle for a standard edition, I wish somebody had a spare Gamestop US code to pass along to me.
 
Haven't used any in the career yet. But I'm still on the nA races so, dunno, might use them later.
 
Only used them twice overall. Other then that, nope.
Kinda regretting using my code since there are folks out there who would actually drive the cars. They're all just collecting dust in my garage. :(
 
During the preorder stage there was a LOT of debate on whether or not people would, should, or wouldn't use the AE cars in career mode early on.

I'll openly admit that I was one who didn't think I would use them at all other than "maybe" the focus. Well, given the truncated amount of time I've had to play, and the still horrid AI at the lower levels I did in fact use a few of them to get further ahead to the faster classes and slightly more challenging AI. After I secured the ib license and a few cars I wanted (mainly just for photos) I'm now happily on my way with detuned stock models. I'll pull out the AE's again when the heavy duty grinding starts to set in.

So did you use yours? Don't be afraid to be honest people LOL! Likewise, don't hate on the people who did decide to, it is after all their choice.

That R18 TDI has given me and saved me millions of credits.
 
Yesss, used almost all 25 cars in the USA GS Ed., best thing I could have done. :D
Made unlocking Super level so much easier. :bowdown:
Driven them long & hard learning these great new tracks...:dopey:
...had to pony up major credits for the Audi LMP & Merc AMG body rigidity (750K combined).
Over 5K miles logged since last Friday in Stats. :lol: 500 straight on Bathurst :mad:

Happy Camper :)
 
Last edited:
I only use them for arcade mode and as I hate the blue color with matching 15 decal I tend not to watch them in replays. Why make the cars so excrutiatingly ugly, should have left them with an original paint with the 15 adorning them in different ways and not all with the same blue paint with the 15 going down the left side. Lack of imagination right there, makes me avoid using them in career mode as I like to watch my replays and seeing that blue eyesore is punishment.
:lol: I actually think they look cool. The only Anni car I don't use is the R18.(I use the Joest livery for that one)
 
I'll use any of the AE cars (Besides the Pagani, I don't like that thing) in the career mode. I won't use them online.
 
you know what really suck is that I do not have any cars for that seasonal event that you have to use a 15th AE car.
 
Of course! I don't believe in "garage queens."

Cars are meant to be driven. *nods*


Shame on you! ;)
I just don't have a use for them anymore sadly. :(
They're nice for photos every now and then but for racing I have other vehicles to choose from.
 
That R18 TDI has given me and saved me millions of credits.
Ya I drove that one today after somebody said it was "broken undrivable". If yout can exercise some throttle control I find it a pure joy to drive. Of course idk if that would be the same on a ds3.
 
Ya I drove that one today after somebody said it was "broken undrivable". If yout can exercise some throttle control I find it a pure joy to drive. Of course idk if that would be the same on a ds3.
In the time I drove it I found it a tad twitchy (I'm on controller/ds3). Utilizing throttle control with the X button is like trying to paint a house with a toothbrush; it's not easy. :lol:
 
Last edited:
I'm just happy that after I pre ordered that I saw my code lasts for a couple years and not days, as I haven't had time to put it in, or yet alone play the damn game..
 
I drove the R18 on the races where I needed an LMP car in IA and S at first but the lights do not work well on it so I parked it and bought an R8 which I have been using since then and having better success with.
 
In the time I drove it I found it a tad twitchy (I'm on controller/ds3). Utilizing throttle control with the X button is like trying to paint a house with a toothbrush; it's not easy. :lol;
Oh I can imagine!

I drove the R18 on the races where I needed an LMP car in IA and S at first but the lights do not work well on it so I parked it and bought an R8 which I have been using since then and having better success with.
Amazing that those huge fricking lights wouldn't work well :boggled:
 
I didnt even realize I had the AE. I thought the AE is for those who pre ordered, which I didnt. Better use my codes ASAP!
 
I haven't used mine at all through Career mode and have just last weekend attained all the (573?) race stars. I did the same with my Stealth and Chrome Line cars in GT5. I feel it takes the pleasure away from working up from nothing but a piece of 🤬 Fit and building your garage from the ground up, but to each their own I guess.

Now I have all the stars though I will be on track thrashing them all! :)

As a side note, I also never let me Cr. balance slip below 1,000,000 for the same reasons mentioned above, now, I won't be so worried about that either.
 
Back