So GT7 is now really on its way, when and what can we expect?

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 494 comments
I don't usually trust religious sources when it comes to video games, so I found a few sources I consider to be more in the know about video games:

Realty Today
http://www.realtytoday.com/articles...release-date-gameplay-gt7-better-graphics.htm

The Latino Post
http://www.latinopost.com/articles/...ease-date-news-rumors-what-we-know-so-far.htm

The Latin Times
http://www.latintimes.com/gran-turi...5-launch-and-new-details-leaked-report-187103

Although, the Christians might be closer to Kaz's inner circle than I thought, seems it's not just Christianity Daily reporting about GT7.

http://www.christiantimes.com/artic...hancements.for.ps4.delaying.release/51859.htm

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/artic...lease-date-trailer-and-polyphonys-plans-25336

http://www.christianpost.com/news/gran-turismo-7-coming-to-playstation-4-in-2015-or-2016-128222/

Conclusion: If you want news on GT7, talk to your best Latin mate, put your house on the market, or, and this is a sure fire way to get good inside info, go to church. :D

You really complain, huh?

GT series has been one of my favorites games ever, and the best car game i ever played. Yes, i played some "real simulators" but the fun GT gives me... is something else.

Sure, the game has it flaws, for me is the sound and the standard cars for now are the biggest. A lot of people in GTP foruns are talking about PCars and how the game will be anwsome, the best raceing game ever etc. Well, i do thing that PCars will be a amazing racing game, but i do not forget why i love GT so much, and how much virtual laps i did in GT only because it's so freaking fun!!

So yes, i'll wait for GT7 and when it comes out, my PS4 and wheel is better be ready...

GT series has been one of my favorites games ever, and the best car game i ever played. Yes, i played some "real simulators" but the fun GT gives me... is something else.
It used to be our favorite series too before things started going downhill after GT4.

So yes, i'll wait for GT7 and when it comes out, my PS4 and wheel is better be ready...
You must be a very patient man :D

@Pseudopod......:mischievous:

60938787.jpg

The real question is... why can't we get moon physics on earth tracks?!? I want to drive at 1/6th the gravity and in a vacuum. No air resistance and no downforce, sounds like a lot of fun.

The real question is... why can't we get moon physics on earth tracks?!? I want to drive at 1/6th the gravity and in a vacuum. No air resistance and no downforce, sounds like a lot of fun.

Have you tried rolling your car on a normal track? It's not far off moon physics :lol:

What your describing is an open world element. PD "Kaz" alluded to this in a subtle way when interviewed that he would like to recreate maybe a whole city or something. I don't remember which interview and whether it was Jordan that did the interview. I just remember this in the back of my mind. I think Kaz should make GT7 part open world and also part racing game.

Imagine if the game had a few square kilometers or more you could drive around in every country where each race track is based that is real that has been i most Gran Turismos thus far. So then you could in fact drive around the city or town and drive to the race track. That would be something new and unique. I'm interested in other peoples thoughts and ideas on how this could be achieved or done.

Open world racing is BIG in gaming right now especially on Next gen. T10 have chosen to make two different games, one to deal with closed track racing, race track simulation through a career mode which is what most racing or driving simulators have been based around - closed racing, and T10 have made one based around an open track tracing open world.

But GT7 could be the first game to blend these two different genres or game play styles and elements together rather than make two different games. It would be groundbreaking. It would be different from what everyone else has done and it would be setting the bar for something exciting and truly different.

You can still have a career mode based around a race driver while all this is happening. The driving around the city until you arrive at the race track can be separate to when you actually get to a certain track. And this certain track could be where the career mode starts and the first race. I'm not sure how where they would place or setup the whole tuning shop, paint shop, garage, licenses part of the game. They could be somewhere you can drive to.

When you consider how BIG the open world is in "The Crew" it's mind blowingly impressive. Considering it also has a story based plot. GT7 would have a story or career based around the driver adn they don't have to make it complicated and be based around the drivers whole personal life but the career, rewards, benefits, prizes, payout.

The race driver could also have a home where you can drive to. PD won't necessarily have to model a whole house or 3d. But similar to what you see in past gran turismo with photo modes and seeing your car outside your house. And going to garage would take you to a garage menu like we have in past Gran Turismos.

What I'm proposing is just ideas and I'm not sure if simulation racing can be combined with open road racing. It would probably be very difficult. It would be interesting to see the rest of the communities thoughts on my ideas here and what they think using their imagination. Share your thoughts.

I am thinking in terms of Google maps. A globe we can spin and it may show how many rooms are open in a given continent, country, state, city. More than just a Russian room is open. It coule be New York City rooms. Or Puerto Rico rooms. Or Brisbane rooms.
Xe7JqkNkb_S7v08o2T_gy0r1YLJceEV_Z5CuREwnj_xe6FNt8sFfYtKlkCFJPdZ2nQ9amlIpeUUTQb2pcNZcuR2MNxG9PcCyjDId4SstO2XIhrvNkf4L4oJdm-zaRhP6=w289-h300-nc

Then when searching World/City tracks, you spin the globe for the country and it shows real-time, how many rooms open.

One more thing, about the moon TT. Is the Earth visible to take a photo of?

Last edited:
It used to be our favorite series too before things started going downhill after GT4.

You must be a very patient man :D
Not that much... but i have others things to do, others games to play. Right now i'm addicted on BF4, playing at lot with my friends. Sometimes i do play DriveClub, and im the faster on a japan circuit with a BMW on time attack, and man, it feels good to be on the top of global leardboards!!

Hopefuly in the next mounth Project Cars will be arrived and some real racing can start. I'm sure BF4 and Pcars will keep me busy until GT7 comes(and some others games too), whenever it comes out.

So, here's my point of view on the whole thing:

At first, I seriously don't expect GT7 to be released this year, I'd say it comes within the first quarter of 2016. Surely, releasing the game at the end 2015 would be quite rewarding in terms of money, if you know what I mean. But I hope they've learned something from GT6 and release it a bit later then everyone is expecting, so the game is already filled with some good features right away. But only a bit, not like GT5 (they said it'll come in 2006, then delayed it again to 2009, then again to 2010 when it finally came out). Then we have the features. Let's take the Course Maker for example. In GT5 it was playable right away, but in GT6 it still hasn't been implemented. I mean, the Course Maker on GT5 was actually not that bad, so why didn't they just took GT5's Course Maker, added some extra features to it (Point-to-Point races, like they were mentioned on a screenshot of GT5's CM but for somewhat reason was not in the final game) and just bring it to GT6. Well, the CM has been in Beta testing since the end of June 2014 and all that stuff, but hey: I don't want to get too much off topic.

Livery Editor. One of the most anticipated features people want to see in Gran Turismo. Kaz announced a Livery Editor to appear in GT5 at TGS 2006. Did it came? No. So I don't really expect it to come in GT7, too. Although it has been said that GT7 will be the best game of the GT franchise yet, it has also been said that players can do things that couldn't been done in previous GT's. So, does it raise my hope for a Livery Editor? Well, kind of. There is a chance, but then there isn't one. We'll see what the E3 brings to us.

Cars. Kaz already said back in 2014 that GT7 will still feature Standards. Some people might don't have a problem with that, but keep in mind: a PS4 game with cars that were modelled more than 10 years ago? But okay, PD even had the decency to bring a Standard as a new car to GT5. So, always expect the unexpected. Anyway, I'm hoping that they'll semi-premiumize most of the Standards and maybe, even update some of them like they did with the Bentley Speed 8 in GT6. There are so many cars that deserve to be a premium car, for example the Supra, the Calsonic R32 just to name a few. Also, PD should get rid of some cars. Almost 150 Nissan's? Come on PD. We don't need 15 different models from one model type. Example: Skyline R34's. There are several R34's in the game. From '99 to '02. We have normal GT-R's, we have M-Spec's, we have V-Spec's. Three or four or just the most important models would be more than enough. I prefer Quality over quantity instead of Quantity quality. In terms of PD adding new cars, I'm expecting (as one user mentioned before) 150-200 new cars to come, from new SuperGT's over some new road racers to some new LMP's and maybe maybe, even some 2014 or even 2015 NASCAR's. For me as a NASCAR fan, it would be pretty amazing to see some Xfinity cars or even some CWTS trucks appear in the game. Which will lead us right to the tracks. GT6 already has a great variety of race tracks from all over the world and beyond (fictional tracks), but the more and more I drive them, I (and maybe some others) get bored of them. You know, the Ring is the most loved/driven track by GT players (I suppose), and probably will ever be it. But I'd really like to see some more NASCAR tracks, for example some short tracks (Martinsville for example) over some 1.5 milers (Atlanta or Charlotte) to Talladega. In terms of Circuits, I'd like to see Sebring or Hockenheim in GT7, there are so many people would like to see appear in the upcoming title. But you can't have it all, sadly. Take Seattle for example, the track literally everyone (me included) wants to have back. It was barely shown in the NSX Concept trailer from GT5, like Apricot Hill was shown in the same trailer and Willow Springs in the Corvette trailer. Willow Springs and Apricot Hill both came in GT6, AH even made it's long awaited comeback to GT. Maybe we'll see some comebacks then.

What players also desperately want: better car sounds. PD delivered some good ones on several cars in GT6, like with the R8 LMS Ultra or the VGT's (the later ones, counting from the Subie from November or October 2014). They have a new sound recording technology called AES, so they better use it for recording car sounds for GT7.

And then there are graphics. I have to say: the graphics on GT6 are defintely awesome. Nice textures, (most of the time) good shadows, and Adaptive Tesselation on some of the cars that came with GT6 (especially the VGT's) takes the graphical level of the cars very high. I'm expecting Adaptive Tesselation and better paint effects for GT7 then.

I know that they said there wont be a Prologue version this time. But now with Uncharted 4's delay, Sony wont have any big game for last months of 2015 (albeit we should wait until E3)
Maybe they make PD to prepare GT7: Prologue for end of the year.

Actually i start to feel game is close to release.
Just a feeling like in a scary movie or disastermovie...all is so quiet and then....BAM, but first let Project Cars come out and let us drool and be happy and after that crush it with a GT7 demo so we just feel like we are not worthy oh Kaz, you are truly a GOD in this genre.

Actually i start to feel game is close to release.
Just a feeling like in a scary movie or disastermovie...all is so quiet and then....BAM, but first let Project Cars come out and let us drool and be happy and after that crush it with a GT7 demo so we just feel like we are not worthy oh Kaz, you are truly a GOD in this genre.
Yes I have a feeling they will unveil it at E3 and also have Pikes Peak International Hill Climb running on GT7 at that race and hopefully game coming out by the end of the year or early next year and a demo will be a bonus. Waiting for a new GT7 wheel too.

Someone posted a status yesterday with this link, and it means diddly squat.

And you can't technically have a delay without an actual release date in the first place.

Sorry about the repost. I thought it was funny to hear that after all the time that GT7 will be in development, "standards" will remain.

Oh come on people. After the lack of hype for GT6 and the sales figures, which will be blamed on that, I'm fairly sure we'll see and hear a lot about GT7 well before its launch date - therefore it won't be soon.

Back