So GT7 is now really on its way, when and what can we expect?

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 494 comments
For me I am waiting until E3 to see if anything comes out. If it doesn't then I don't expect it to come out this year.

For me I am waiting until E3 to see if anything comes out. If it doesn't then I don't expect it to come out this year.

It would be nice to get a trailer or something at E3. But even if we do this year that doesn't really mean Gt7 would release this year.

It would be nice to get a trailer or something at E3. But even if we do this year that doesn't really mean Gt7 would release this year.

Kaz did say that they hope to have the game ready by 2015 or 2016. It's what he said. We all may be pleasantly surprised that it could be 2015. Who knows, I'm reserving judgement and keeping my hopes up, my mind open, and staying positive to the possibility that we might get something news, trailer or demo of GT7 between E3 in June and Dec 2015. Hold on its going to be a ride of interesting times ahead. Especially with P CARS, Forza 6 etc... also. I'm pretty siked!

PD making a game in less than 2 years, yeah, nice joke guys.
Well @SimTourist I am going by one of Kaz's own quotes. “For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6. We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016.”

And no he doesn't say that GT7 is being released this year or next specifically. Maybe he said this a long long time ago before he realized how much work needs to be done for what the fans want. So do with that what you will. I don't fully trust what he said. But allow us our smallest glimpse of hope.

Well @SimTourist I am going by one of Kaz's own quotes. “For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6. We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016.”

And no he doesn't say that GT7 is being released this year or next specifically. Maybe he said this a long long time ago before he realized how much work needs to be done for what the fans want. So do with that what you will. I don't fully trust what he said. But allow us our smallest glimpse of hope.
GT5 was supposed to release in 2007 you know.

Given that's a translation, he could easily have meant it as "the era we live in [being] 2015 or 2016" and was simply mistranslated to infer the game would be released in 2015 or 2016. As with all things Kaz and Gran Turismo, many grains of salt are necessary.

Given that's a translation, he could easily have meant it as "the era we live in [being] 2015 or 2016" and was simply mistranslated to infer the game would be released in 2015 or 2016. As with all things Kaz and Gran Turismo, many grains of salt are necessary.

@Johnnypenso Well yes it depends on how good his trusty translator san is or whoever the translator was :lol: I guess and mis interpretations. Still I ponder about that!

@SimTourist I think the Joke is on us from PD :lol: with such unrealistic realities from them.

Last edited:

Grains you say:lol: Think at this point we're talking pounds upon pounds of salt:sly:

There was an ad on GTPlanet's banner tonight of Gran Turismo HD, kind of weird that they would advertise a 9 year old product that is no longer available. Here's my screenshot. Maybe GT7 is closer than we think?

screenshot.png

My expectations (Realistic):
5-10 new tracks with 20-40 track layouts total
Up to 50 new Premium cars including Premium upgrades
Revamped career mode with A-Spec & B-Spec
Licences available from the start
Special Events
Performance testing (Like in GT5)
Proper endurance races (Like in GT5)
Revamped course maker (Possibility)
All VGT's available for purchase in game for their default prices set in GT6.

That's all for now.

You have Adblock plus? That's the only as that comes on my laptop since I have it
I owned one back then but after sometime i got rid of it.
What i did after is that instead i scanned my pc and removed every single malware...etc.

There was an ad on GTPlanet's banner tonight of Gran Turismo HD, kind of weird that they would advertise a 9 year old product that is no longer available. Here's my screenshot. Maybe GT7 is closer than we think?

View attachment 352637

That's not an advertisement for GT: HD, that's just Sony using the artwork/screenshot to lure buyers in to look at their products.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's just a cover art the retailer put together in lack of official cover art.
Looks like a scam since I don't think there are other sites already doing pre-orders for GT7, plus a bit too early but I'm not really honest since I haven't done enough research about that.

Also wasn't it already stated that GT7 is going to be released in 2017? I see some people here saying that it will be release in 2018 but I doubt it GT7 will be released around that time. Also someone said that it's easier to develop games for the PS4 so 2015 which is this year could be a sign for GT7 getting released but I wouldn't get all my hopes up. Best to wait until E3 this year which I'm already waiting for them to reveal the new NFS game for this year. There's been a ton of rumors speculating that it will be Need for Speed Underground 3.

Honestly and i not want be negative,i prefer wait and see.
PD become a master about ghosty promesses...
Many thing promessed ,but look back and just judge by yourself.
I bought all GT since the begin,but honestly since GT5,they offered lot of bla bla,but lot not done.
Remember the long delay,the real editor etc...

I always loved GT,but now i am tired to ear and read, i will wait and see.
I hope for all of us i am wrong,but i am not that optimist for GT7,they know gt fans were so disapointed,so commercialy they have to promess something amazing(just hope it won't be kind of GT6 2.0)

Back