So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,291 comments
My day isn't even over, but I'm extremely tired. Currently at the gym. Probably just going to head back home, do homework, and sleep.

I had no 2D design class today, so I just enjoyed the breezy/warm bay area morning it was. Went to rest of my classes and did work. I just want to relax more and just sleep all day.

The gym every weekday has taken a toll on my energy levels, but it's for the better good.

I think physically, I have energy, but mentally I don't have much. The time that I spend at the gym was once energy I used to relax.

Whatever, tomorrow is Friday and I'm getting drunk.

I think physically, I have energy, but mentally I don't have much. The time that I spend at the gym was once energy I used to relax.

That will eventually change, I know when I started lifting I felt really drained after training, but now I receive energy from training. The body and the mind needs to adjust to the strain which is a slow process compared to muscle growth and strength gains.
I think it took me two years to adjust, now I feel even more energetic after exercise, even after performing powerlifts. Lifting has definitely become part of my daily relaxation time.

Just keep on going, things will become easier. 👍

Had a regional music contest today. Got a good enough score to qualify for state 👍

Somebody fix the sun please, its clearly broken.

Be careful what you wish for... the next solar cycle will cause the Earth to cool. So much in fact, that scientists have predicted a mini Ice Age.

So.... enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause these next 11 years are going to get rough.

Where do I start....

Yesterday, I had a Calc midterm... went... semi-good. Didn't do too good, but not too bad, either... a "meh", if you will.

I came home, took a nap until 7 PM. Mother wanted to go grocery shopping.

Spent an hour.

Studied from 8 PM to 5 AM for a my Chem midterm which was at 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM.

I got one hour of sleep, before I had to grt ready.

Had my chem exam, almost aced it. Couldn't do one problem, so I gave up on it, and counted up the points I got (assuming I got the question right and got full credit).

Two hour break, then attended astronomy. Skipped anthropology, so I could get some work done until 6:30.

I worked on a lab report for physics, on a lab report for bio, and did some reading.

Didn't catch a single wink.

6:30 PM to 9:30 PM I had a bio lab. It was fairly simple, just tedious. *I need to write a report for this one as well.

I was shaking by the end of it, so I ate some Quakers bars and a friend gave me some Gatorade. Helped me out until I drove home.

Now, I ate some proper food, and I can't fall asleep :grumpy:

Last edited:
Woke up early, had a huge breakfast, went canvassing, met Quentin Davies, walked home, considered chopping off my now dead legs and I am now going to bed.

Went to a local R/C club (airplanes and helicopters). There was too much wind to fly, so we talked and talked and talked..... about everything. A few R/C pilots took the risk and flew their planes anyway.

Met some new people!

It was a very nice day.

Also got Assetto Corsa + dream pack on steam today, downloading it now.

Yesterday was pretty crazy.

Woke up with less of a hangover than I expected so continued beer consumption around noon.
Went to a Songkran celebration party where hundreds of people were drunk and dancing. I was made to dance with a large group of old ladies.

Then I watched a ladyboy beauty pageant while drinking more beer.

I left the celebrations for a private party and BBQ. Then a excavator bucket was filled with water and ice and buckets handed out for us to throw buckets of water at everyone who passed on the main road out front. It's a good thing it's warm here because the water was freezing.

Drank yet more beer and lost my shirt somewhere. Got home early, around 8 I think, then proceeded to crash out on the sofa.

Totally missed a race I've been waiting months for because of a lack of cable TV at the in-laws' place. Pretty gutted about that.

I left the celebrations for a private party and BBQ. Then a excavator bucket was filled with water and ice and buckets handed out for us to throw buckets of water at everyone who passed on the main road out front. It's a good thing it's warm here because the water was freezing.

It's the water festival already?

It's the water festival already?

Yes. Started a few days ago in the city I live but officially I think today is the actual day of Songkran.

For reference:
image.jpg

I'm not minding the two weeks off work it gets me. Not minding at all. ;)

Edit: the also have the same festival in Yunnan, Southern China, at a different time to Thailand.

Last edited:
So after weeks of work getting worse and worse, having my employer cancel my Las Vegas trip I planned for my birthday, and giving me two people to train that make Paris Hilton look like a genius, I've finally decided to take the plunge and leave. The client I primarily work with has extended an offer to interview for a position. On one side I feel guilty for leaving my team members at my current job, and my childhood friend who got me the job, and I know I will miss them all. I also wonder if I'm doing the right thing. On the other side, the drive to my client's offices is easier, and they're a large manufacturer so I feel like there are better opportunities there. So I guess it is what it is. All I know is I desperately need a change. I don't know if this will be good or bad, but it's better to make your own change than to sit around waiting for it to happen for you.

XS
So after weeks of work getting worse and worse, having my employer cancel my Las Vegas trip I planned for my birthday, and giving me two people to train that make Paris Hilton look like a genius, I've finally decided to take the plunge and leave. The client I primarily work with has extended an offer to interview for a position. On one side I feel guilty for leaving my team members at my current job, and my childhood friend who got me the job, and I know I will miss them all. I also wonder if I'm doing the right thing. On the other side, the drive to my client's offices is easier, and they're a large manufacturer so I feel like there are better opportunities there. So I guess it is what it is. All I know is I desperately need a change. I don't know if this will be good or bad, but it's better to make your own change than to sit around waiting for it to happen for you.

Good on ya, mate! 👍

Also that Paris Hilton bit, gave me quite the chuckle. :lol:

Last two days have been rubbish. Firstly a friend has found out he has a brain tumour, he's in his 70's and I've no idea how this will pan out for him... :(

so, my friend died yesterday. Bugger.

When he first found out about the tumor, he'd lost his speech, so he first told us about it by e-mail. He finished that e-mail with "it is what it is". Now, about a month later he is dead and obviously I'm sad, but for now, and the remaining 30 or so years of my life, I'll take comfort from those words. My greatest fear in life, is seeing my death coming, and having the opportunity to regret my life (which I will) - so having seen someone I like and respect handle the situation in such an appropriate fashion gives me strength.

Cheers, half-pint.

so, my friend died yesterday. Bugger.

When he first found out about the tumor, he'd lost his speech, so he first told us about it by e-mail. He finished that e-mail with "it is what it is". Now, about a month later he is dead and obviously I'm sad, but for now, and the remaining 30 or so years of my life, I'll take comfort from those words. My greatest fear in life, is seeing my death coming, and having the opportunity to regret my life (which I will) - so having seen someone I like and respect handle the situation in such an appropriate fashion gives me strength.

Cheers, half-pint.
I'm sorry for your loss, Keep going strong.

Today I was extremely bored at work and super tired, I'm just glad this day is over.

Also I had a strange rather deep skin infection for weeks, not even the best prescription antiseptic worked. Today I finally lost my patience, took my knife, disinfected it and cut out the infected junk of flesh. It took me some time to overcome the reluctance of taking a knife and sticking it deep in my flesh, especially when it hurts like a youknow, but now I feel much better. I should have done that weeks ago.

Last edited:
Today I was extremely bored at work and super tired, I'm just glad this day is over.

Also I had a strange rather deep skin infection for weeks, not even the best prescription antiseptic worked. Today I finally lost my patience, took my knife, disinfected it and cut out the infected junk of flesh. It took me some time to overcome the reluctance of taking a knife and sticking it deep in my flesh, especially when it hurts like a youknow, but now I feel much better. I should have done that weeks ago.

That's some Rambo 🤬 right there. Please tell me you took a bullet, emptied out the gunpowder into your wound, lit it on fire, and then became a retarded dragon.

So a while back, some dude randomly started following me on instagram, and I believe only because he saw a mutual friend like one of my photos. He rifled through my stuff and followed me and whatever. Bumped into him when at a car meet last week with said friend and he asked me about my photos. Fast forward to now and it turns how he is a prominent Australian car journalist with years in the industry who has just turned freelance. Met up for coffee today and he wants to team up for one or two things with potential for more in the future. Looks like a proper opportunity to finally make some proper headways into the car magazine industry!

On the other hand, it looks like I may have missed out on a different job opportunity but something about doors and windows mind... :D

Quite a slow day. Lots of time was spent on the PC. I spent two days in SF dicking around, ordered a $40.00 steak and took photos.

I've been thinking though.

Why is it that people always seek money instead of a maintained yet enjoyed life?

Woke up, looked myself in the mirror, and said to my self "holy ****, I look fresh."

I guess that's a good start to the day. I look great, but let's just hope I feel great later.

Yesterday was pretty good, finally dived-into RaceRoom Racing Experience with the Group 5 pkg, 1992 DTM pkg, and ADAC GT Masters 2014 add-on, and have thoroughly been enjoying the Group 5 cars so far. Planning to do some more today as well.

Today itself was off to an alright start, but a bit of an over-reaction from a mod to a simple question has me questioning GTPlanet's motives outside of defending themselves to the death, but actions have been taken and I'll see where it goes from there.

On a positive note, weather has been freaking fantastic in Michigan. 👍

Been having a bit of a rough patch. I've recently been under the pump trying to find more/better work than what I already have because unfortunately my job in retail just isn't cutting the mustard anymore. Unfortunately now that I'm in Adelaide rather than country SA the previous job-opportunity-drought problem I had has now been replaced with incredibly stiff competition for the job opportunities that are available. I'm going to be trying to work on my photography skills more and see if something good can come out of it for me.

More recently the missus and I have been trying for a baby however we found out today that she has polycystic ovarian syndrome (hereditary) to add to her already-long list of health problems, which explains why she hasn't fallen pregnant yet. Bit of a blow for the both of us but we're still keeping faith as we always do. Hopefully it works out.

Back